Rejection of passengers tops list of complaints about Bangkok’s cabbies

webfact

After my earlier lament on the near collapse of actual metered taxis in Bangkok viz the development of a taxi mafia scenario setting in, I forgot to mention the virtues of the Motorbike Taxis who, in my experience, remain mostly on the square for a fair fare and when faced with getting around Sukhumvit area or anywhere with the endlessly clogged lanes of cars, buses and trucks, they can spirit you to your destination in no time at all with their genius navigations between cars, trucks, buses et al.  It's not a comfy air conditioned cab, but it is a satisfying solution to getting where you're going and avoiding the taxi rip offs.

Edited by LatPhrao
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

We left BKK 6 years ago and at that time they said they were going to punish and ban the drivers who did this.

They still haven't done a thing about it.

Ah, Thailand...

yeahhh, Prayut and his cronies have been claiming to punish/ban a lot of things, including the rotten core of corruption,  since 2014 and yet here we are at the same or worse point...  neither would I expect any difference/ change for the next 6 years

• Like 1

Recently had run ins with 2 unscrupulous taxi drivers on a weekend trip to Bangkok. One guy wanted 750 for a 289 baht (Grab taxi fare), he got told politely (-ish) to go forth and multiply. The following night a I ordered a Grab taxi to go to the Impact Centre. Instead he took me to Si Lom then swore blind it was where I had booked to go. Contacted Grab and they said they'd remove him from their pool while they investigated. Still left me having to fork out for another car to get to where I was planning to be. No word from Grab about a refund/formal written apology. My bet is he was back in the pool within an hour conning more foreigners.

• Thanks 1