Nicola Bulley - Body Found in River

Nicola Bulley's partner Paul Ansell has told Sky News of his "agony" after police searching for the mother-of-two recovered an unidentified body from the river near to where she went missing.

In a message sent to Sky News correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who has been in contact with the family throughout the three-week search, Mr Ansell said: "No words right now, just agony."

"We're all together, we have to be strong", he added.

The body was found around a mile from where Ms Bulley was last seen walking her dog, beside the River Wyre, in St Michael's on Wyre, after she dropped her daughters at school on 27 January.

It is understood that a man and a woman walking their dog near to the river called the police to report seeing a person in the water, with officers then launching a search.

Curious and curiouser....  The body was found relatively close to where she disappeared, and yet nothing had been found during the extensive searches carried out over the last 20 days!  No wonder the conspiracy theorists and armchair ghouls sleuths are having a field day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Curious and curiouser....  The body was found relatively close to where she disappeared, and yet nothing had been found during the extensive searches carried out over the last 20 days!  No wonder the conspiracy theorists and armchair ghouls sleuths are having a field day.

I guess they decided not to search near where she fell in, very strange.

The dog wasn't wet apparently so she either killed herself or was pushed. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Puts phone on bench then jumps in, an inconsiderate suicide by the look of it

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It can take a while for bodies to surface, after immersion in water. True, it usually takes less time than this but it can take longer (or in fact, the body may never even surface) if it's trapped by underwater branches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Of course they searched near where she fell in - multiple searches were done but as the police have said, in some places or was almost impossible to see anything because of the amount of underwater debris.

And the body wasn't found especially close, it was found about a mile downstream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Of course they searched near where she fell in - multiple searches were done but as the police have said, in some places or was almost impossible to see anything because of the amount of underwater debris.

And the body wasn't found especially close, it was found about a mile downstream.

Radio report near where she fell in,  i guess a mile is close. 

Well done to police divers anyhow.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:05 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps the police will have some time now to prosecute the goulish ‘influencers’ and ‘youtubers’ who have descended on the area causing so much distress to Nicola’s family and in the local community:

The Lancashire Police Force should also IMHO be prosecuted for the bungling incompetence and ineptitude which they have displayed in this whole matter, as well as their crass insensivity in divulging personal details about Nicola to the world and his wife.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:16 AM, KhunLA said:

Who that ?

The unfortunate victim wasn't famous but she isn't the story.

The story is the intrusiveness of the media, social influencers, etc into the lives of the victim's family and those in the local community, plus the flaws in police communications and the investigation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

The story is the intrusiveness of the media, social influencers, etc into the lives of the victim's family and those in the local community, plus the flaws in police communications and the investigation.

If the soap opera happy public didn't support these influencers/YTer, then the market and their annoyance wouldn't be there.

I think people should be required to get permits to publish content not about themselves and themselves only.  As it is a commercial business for profit, and should require a release form signed.  They are not news agencies, which also need permits/licenses and are accountable for their reporting (in theory).

On 2/20/2023 at 2:03 PM, puchooay said:

No further information so far. The body was found a mile away from the last sighting of her alive.

Those making assumptions on here are just as bad as those being condemned nearer the scene.

What's wrong with assumptions? 

Pretty obvious. 

Woman goes missing near river, body found in river. 

2 hours ago, RayC said:

But it was not the cops or the divers who found her. Leaves phone on bench and jumps or falls (unlikely) in river and dies, and it's all other people's fault. She should have left a note and saved a lot of time and money.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

About time, I'm tired of seeing this story on sky news every day for weeks. Sad, yes that someone with alcohol issues died but come on, tens of thousands were killed in earthquakes etc 

But surely not as tiresome as much the boring nonsense going on here in LOS that we are regularly treated to courtesy of the Thailand News forum?

Edited by OJAS

On 2/20/2023 at 8:05 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps the police will have some time now to prosecute the goulish ‘influencers’ and ‘youtubers’ who have descended on the area causing so much distress to Nicola’s family and in the local community:

Prosecuted for what crime?

Hanging around a public place taking photos?  

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What's wrong with assumptions? 

Pretty obvious. 

Woman goes missing near river, body found in river. 

Yep, just like the "obvious assumption" made by the cops last week that the body had by then floated out into the sea!

Edited by OJAS

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Prosecuted for what crime?

Hanging around a public place taking photos?  

Harassment, Trespass, Illegal Entry would be a start:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/security-patrols-area-nicola-bulley-29191353

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/23322156.nicola-bulley-two-arrested-malicious-communications/

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think the police/courts have more important issues to attend to than someone walking through someone else's garden ????.

Maybe their efforts would be better spent finding out what happened to Nicola? 

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I think the police/courts have more important issues to attend to than someone walking through someone else's garden ????.

Maybe their efforts would be better spent finding out what happened to Nicola? 

I doubt the local residents or Nicola Bulley’s family will agree with you.

What happened to Nicola Bulley is now the Corona’s job.

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt the local residents or Nicola Bulley’s family will agree with you.

I beg to differ.

I'm pretty sure the family will be more concerned with what happened to Nicola than worrying about some TikTok'er trespassing on someone's back garden.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange her story was on the main news every day, for just one missing woman. Meanwhile 10s of thousands dying in earthquakes etc.

Not strange at all......'local/national news'.

I bet the coverage of Nicola Bulley was a bit thin in, say, Turkey and Syria.

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange her story was on the main news every day, for just one missing woman. Meanwhile 10s of thousands dying in earthquakes etc.

The death toll from the earthquakes were also widely reported.

Strange that you seem to have missed that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Not strange at all......'local/national news'.

I bet the coverage of Nicola Bulley was a bit thin in, say, Turkey and Syria.

It was strange, the amount of coverage it got. I watch Sky, and think they were trying to make it like a soap opera.