Nicola Bulley - Body Found in River

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It was strange, the amount of coverage it got. I watch Sky, and think they were trying to make it like a soap opera.

Ah well,  that's the media for you.  No mileage in just reporting concise, accurate facts!

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It was strange, the amount of coverage it got. I watch Sky, and think they were trying to make it like a soap opera.

It was a mystery for over 3 weeks. Mystery sells.

Could have become, still might, a murder case and would be important to other vulnerable people who frequent the area.

There are just 2 reasons why is was on the news every day.

Others would include the family appealing for info, the police appealing for info, the police causing a stir by releasing sensitive information, the family accusing the police of releasing information unnecessarily. Part time sleuths travelling to the area to try to solve the mystery, intrusive journalists trying to get their big break.......the list goes on.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

It was a mystery for over 3 weeks. Mystery sells.

Could have become, still might, a murder case and would be important to other vulnerable people who frequent the area.

There are just 2 reasons why is was on the news every day.

Others would include the family appealing for info, the police appealing for info, the police causing a stir by releasing sensitive information, the family accusing the police of releasing information unnecessarily. Part time sleuths travelling to the area to try to solve the mystery, intrusive journalists trying to get their big break.......the list goes on.

Indeed, my wife, who has never been to England loved trying to figure out whodunnit!