Wimax In Cm

5246jlg

In 2006 Intel together with other Co.'s were testing WiMax in CM. Last I heard the frequecies for providing service had been parceled out to the Telecom Co.'s a while ago. Anyone hear when subscription service might actually be available? Building a house in Mae An in little over a year which is about 2km past ADSL range.

In 2006 Intel together with other Co.'s were testing WiMax in CM. Last I heard the frequecies for providing service had been parceled out to the Telecom Co.'s a while ago. Anyone hear when subscription service might actually be available? Building a house in Mae An in little over a year which is about 2km past ADSL range.

No WiMax will be available this year. The NTC, the regulatory commission, has stated they will issue several spectrum licenses to some Telcos, but this issue has been stuck for a long time with the political situation. Even if the NTC issued a license to a license holder in your area, and if they went ahead with deployments, I would doubt there would be any service until much later next year.

That Wimax; is it the wireless that is line of sight with the flat panel antenna? I had that on an island in Canada before I moved here. It's fantastic. Hardly ever any outages and you can set the antenna for whatever speed you want (at a higher charge of course).

That Wimax; is it the wireless that is line of sight with the flat panel antenna? I had that on an island in Canada before I moved here. It's fantastic. Hardly ever any outages and you can set the antenna for whatever speed you want (at a higher charge of course).

Yes, similar but now it's non line of sight and much improved. It's one of the hottest new technologies. But, you may have a wireless solution through a mobile operator in that area first. I'd check with you mobile operator for broadband options. Sorry I don't live up there but assume you've got AIS and DTAC?

Yes, we've AIS and DTAC. Fixwd line ADSL available through TT&T, TOT and CSLoxInfo I believe.

Then, you will likely eventually probably get WiMax service in the outlying areas not currently served by fixed lines by either TOT or TT&T. But not too quick.

Better more immediate options would be with AIS and DTAC. Not sure whether they have Edge or better services up in that region, you'd have to check.

WiMax still vapourware here. But Edge and WCDMA operative, as far as I know, through AIS and True, respectively.

Anyone got any experience, pricing, etc.?

McG

If True has WCDMA, that would likely be higher throughput than AIS's edge, and a better option.