Former immigration chief "Big Joke" comes full circle - charges against 107 allegedly corrupt immigration officers laid

webfact

2 hours ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

After Big Joke has finished with immigration please investigate the alleged corruption in hospitals, electricity, roads, schools, water, farming, airports and any other industries that you can think of!

Customs!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Your liking of him means absolutely nothing. I'm sure many of the 107 charged are likeable too.

He drove a Lexus.....it seems an unusually luxurious car for a police officer that receives scanty pay. 

Nonsense of the week, your posting. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

Friend of mine got one of those fake Ed visas same as many Chinese. Paid B50,000. Immigration didn't check anything. And it was through a Chinese connection via his Chinese girlfriend. My point stands.

They can't possibly scrutinize my papers more than they already did. And we're not hearing many reports verifying your point.

Your accountant didn't say it was ONLY Westerners being scrutinized. You haven't verified with non-Western nationalities, so actually you dunno.

Might be time you stop thinking whatever happens to you or your friend is how it is. and also might want to pay attention to what i said.

Yes accountant did not specify nationalities, but since i am not chinese and she is not chinese, her saying now its even harder, means just that. It is now harder to get extension for all her clients who are westerners not only chinese 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Might be time you stop thinking whatever happens to you or your friend is how it is.

Projection, as that's what you should stop doing.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:18 PM, BestB said:

With Non B visa if a signature missing or a small paper, you get turned away and often "donation" does not help. 

So how did Chinese and Immigration managed to forge documents and skip all the scrutiny while westerns have to go through all of it?

One concrete verified example is enough to disprove your case. You admit you and your agent have no Chinese connections to the right corrupted officials, or know people who do, that could have enabled you or other "westerns" you know to avoid "going through all of it." In the past, a number of "westerns" did get fake visa stamps through agents. Of course, they also blabbed about it on the internet, which Chinese wouldn't do. That illegal practice was ended; now the Chinese abuse is being stopped as well.

Evidently, you're using only ONE agent. Normally, our shrewdest members would simply say that your agent is simply finding an excuse to raise your fees. Perhaps your agent senses a crackdown coming on agents and those phony bank accounts for all those who can't afford to meet financial requirements. That would make sense. Been a long time coming.

I don't need any agent. And I'm sure that if I'm missing a signature, it will be pointed out to me by the IO, and I will have the opp'y to sign on the spot. A missing signature or document has always been cause for denial, nothing new there whatsoever. Whinges about having to run to make another copy are legion, or to the bank to make a small deposit or get the right letter. Yawn.

So we're not seeing any of your evidence here of any supposed broad-based crackdown with new requirements, just some talk from your agent, come down to it.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Do not know his background. Neeranam says he came from a wealthy family. Maybe he did and can afford a Lexus

Yes maybe he can afford it. But the point remains that corruption is rampant in the RTP. It seems that most police officers are tainted, so maybe the Lexus came from there? Who can tell? We certainly don't know....but if I were a betting man, I know where I would be laying my bet.

Also as I made the point before lots of wealthy Thais have many luxury cars parked on their driveways.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:32 AM, Neeranam said:

Like all other rich Thai spoiled brats, he'll end up running a coffee shop.

Most Thais are aware of the massive immigration corruption. 

If I had a visa by bribing an Immigration policeman/woman, I'd be panicking now. 

Oh, you like the « bribing « game do you , think it’s ok ? 

I hâte the way people condemn anyone who buys a good car. Not very open minded calling Thais «  spoilt Thai brats «  . So anyone who have 30 years of hard work behind them can’t buy the car / house/ watch he likes ???  I’ve worked hard for 46 years , and I’ll certainly buy the car I want. None of these common jealous people bother me.  So what ? A friend of mine flaunts her new designer goods like crazy , does it bother me ? She works , nobody else’s business. 

On 2/22/2023 at 5:32 PM, Neeranam said:

Most Thais are aware of the massive immigration corruption. 

Not too sure about such a statement.

I'd wager to say that most Thais are unaware or indifferent as it applies to foreign immigration and the usual complicated issues. Doesn't effect them, so why give it much thought. 

Daring to suggest that Thais don't comprehend [nor should they] the unnecessary and intricate process of today's immigration bureaucracy and associated - the exceptions might be a Thai spouse, loved ones or very close friends who have learned to understand the deeper nonsense that is Thailand immigration and whatnot. 

3 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Not too sure about such a statement.

I'd wager to say that most Thais are unaware or indifferent as it applies to foreign immigration and the usual complicated issues. Doesn't effect them, so why give it much thought. 

Daring to suggest that Thais don't comprehend [nor should they] the unnecessary and intricate process of today's immigration bureaucracy and associated - the exceptions might be a Thai spouse, loved ones or very close friends who have learned to understand the deeper nonsense that is Thailand immigration and whatnot. 

Well let's say the police force in general. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

After Big Joke has finished with immigration please investigate the alleged corruption in hospitals, electricity, roads, schools, water, farming, airports and any other industries that you can think of!

Yes, it's one dog-and-pony show drop in the "Thai-ness" ocean isn't it ?

16 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

This 'convict-the-low-level-oik' has been going on for eons. I saw a German film called Labyrinth which covered Nazi war criminals and how few of them actually got tried and convicted (double digits out of 8 million in the Nazi party, I believe). The same thing happened in occupied Japan. The Americans tried a couple of senior commissioned officers high but saved their wrath for the NCOs, but even so the numbers convicted were pitifully small....and of course no Emperor was tried. 

Chances are that this episode will end in nothing more than a slap on the wrist or 'transferred to another area' for a few of those charged. One does wonder however how long the RTP can carry on with all these scandals and retain the trust of those being policed. One can be sure that the judges will ensure that 107 officers are not going to see the inside of jail cells for long.

All true. And when you speak of "trust of the RTP" I am not sure there ever was any. And now? Nobody I speak to has any admiration or respect for these guys. Some fear them. None like them. For good reason. Respect has to be earned and never, ever freely given. Most are goons. Few are law enforcement. 

19 hours ago, BigStar said:

Projection, as that's what you should stop doing.

One concrete verified example is enough to disprove your case. You admit you and your agent have no Chinese connections to the right corrupted officials, or know people who do, that could have enabled you or other "westerns" you know to avoid "going through all of it." In the past, a number of "westerns" did get fake visa stamps through agents. Of course, they also blabbed about it on the internet, which Chinese wouldn't do. That illegal practice was ended; now the Chinese abuse is being stopped as well.

Evidently, you're using only ONE agent. Normally, our shrewdest members would simply say that your agent is simply finding an excuse to raise your fees. Perhaps your agent senses a crackdown coming on agents and those phony bank accounts for all those who can't afford to meet financial requirements. That would make sense. Been a long time coming.

I don't need any agent. And I'm sure that if I'm missing a signature, it will be pointed out to me by the IO, and I will have the opp'y to sign on the spot. A missing signature or document has always been cause for denial, nothing new there whatsoever. Whinges about having to run to make another copy are legion, or to the bank to make a small deposit or get the right letter. Yawn.

So we're not seeing any of your evidence here of any supposed broad-based crackdown with new requirements, just some talk from your agent, come down to it.

You really do need to seek help in reading skills, please quote for me once when i said an agent? as for the rest of the drivel, just can not be bothered even reading it

2 hours ago, Tom H said:

He can afford a Lexus in his position and with his family background. 

Actually he is fighting against corruption. Thats why I find him good.

????

he is not really fighting the corruption, but more of fame chasing.

Corruption runs on all levels and yet he has little interest in anything other than something that makes him look good.

You honestly think he was not aware of all the Chinese scams? before Chuvit made it public

When he was in charge of IB, he made it hell for all the visa runners but made it easy for the Chinese.

Now that it all blew up, he has come out as a hero, where in reality, Chinese scams were born during his reign

59 minutes ago, BigStar said:

OK, so your info just boils down merely to what your non-Chinese connected accountant told you, which seems nothing new at all. Next.

i do not think you have the comprehension abilities, so indeed, Next

On 2/23/2023 at 2:18 PM, BestB said:

Thailand only knows extremes, nothing in the middle. Its either free for all or hardcore raids and crackdowns.

What i do wonder though is most people report having hard time doing extensions, immigration checking and triple checking every piece of paper.

With Non B visa if a signature missing or a small paper, you get turned away and often "donation" does not help. 

So how did Chinese and Immigration managed to forge documents and skip all the scrutiny while westerns have to go through all of it?

And if they found its the Chinese who were getting visa's illegally and were involved in all the illegal activities, why did they tighten up for the rest? making it even harder for the westerners?

Oh this one's easy, the Chinese and the Russians use 'third parties' who know the score unlike the 'It's cheaper to do it yourself' crowd.