Does fact checking matter to your opinions?

ozimoron

Does fact checking matter to your opinions?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I don't think just a fact-check is often enough. A fact check with direction to further reading helps. 

A fact check should if of interest lead to further investigations to learn why I was wrong in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The point of my question was what if your opinion was contested and fact checking provided in support of that dissent?

If the fact presented was verified as credible, and by alternative sources, then the opinion would be changed.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Depending on your previous experience and knownledge if you are going to use intuition, but still should investigate things further for your and others sake if based on intuition only. We are easy manipulated.

yes, we are easily manipulated.

sometimes you can tell or suspect by someone's facial expressions that they are lying.

and there's no time to fact-check everything as we are being bombarded with information. 

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Just for starters: 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False

https://www.rd.com/list/false-facts-everyone-believes/

Interesting.  I have no problem changing my mind about such things....if it's grounded in science. 

But I think people are much less likely to change their minds about things related to their core beliefs, such as religion or politics.  Especially older people.  

23 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

yes, we are easily manipulated.

sometimes you can tell or suspect by someone's facial expressions that they are lying.

and there's no time to fact-check everything as we are being bombarded with information. 

At least important life changing issues, and also your opinions on things you like to debate with friends and also business partners.

When it comes to body language we trust or not, doesnt really mean anything, because those we would like to put our trust in, could be the masters in manipulation.

Many here who feel the urge to put all the blaim on all women, knows that for fact. The most gullible innocent woman you ever met, is most likely a dragon camouflaged as a week little pretty princess. Many attractive women knows every button to push to convince a man, as well successful Business men and other actors who use manipulation to become successful. 

However truth said, in the moment we can be able to believe anything, and therefor should know better and debrief conversations later, and also discuss with others. 

I studied marketing, and the profession is pure manipulating of people to consume more, eat more, drink more, use more vitamins you do not need, and build more,,,,,, with more, as Private hospitals here in Thailand manipulate you to do more check ups than you really do not need unless not feeling good or have health issues from before.

• Like 1