Does fact checking matter to your opinions?

ozimoron

Does fact checking matter to your opinions?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, ozimoron said:

I'm not surprised that you agree with yourself but who's paying social media to delete the truth?

A lot of big companies are. It isnt just the SM companies. Many of them get their directives from major players. Just look as the hearing with Twitter in the USA, many powerful forces are behind twitter banning people for their tweets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

A lot of big companies are. It isnt just the SM companies. Many of them get their directives from major players. Just look as the hearing with Twitter in the USA, many powerful forces are behind twitter banning people for their tweets.

Links so I don't have to waste my time looking for something that's not there?

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I do a lot of my own research and I spend a lot, way too much time here. I don't like to waste my time chasing down "facts" that others claim which, in a very many cases I believe to be false. Do you know how hard it is to research and find a fact which is false? I guess you do. The reason I demand links to facts is because a lot of folks around here love to peddle conspiracy theories and cite facts which can never be substantiated because they are just conspiracy theories or misinformation. The rules regarding production of links are intended to keep those posts down to a dull roar. The false claims people make are generally intended to support misinformation.

Posters accusing others of not seeking the truth and suggesting they are blind because the truth is out there or that they can just google it are almost always just inviting people to go find links to misinformation and conspiracy theories and are in the category of not credible links which are not allowed on this forum. I'm absolutely amazed at how many people are willing to believe garbage which is just false. How many for example believe the nonsense which Fox news peddle and which they now admit is purely for profit because so many people are willing to read only the echo chamber. If Fox were required to adhere to what they believed was the truth in reporting they couldn't compete. 

I also do make a strong effort to provide links to my claims and expect others to follow suit. If I were forced to put up bat guano crazy claims and conspiracy theories I simply would not read or contribute to this board. The imposition of standards and consistent maintenance of those standards is crucial to my participation here. I hope you understand my rationale here.

I think you spend way too much time on these forums.   Makes me think that are like two people I met in Thailand after conversing with them on a yahoo forum about Thailand.   Those two also had thousands of posts in a short period of time. 
Come to find that they were both living in Thailand on social security payments.  One was very old and too ill to go out much, the other was physically disabled and unable to go out much, having a difficult time walking.   I met them both in Thailand and offered to run errands for them when I could when I was in Thailand.   

Their SSI was ok for both in the beginning when they moved to Thailand, but then inflation caught up with them and most of their money went to rent and medical bills.  They didn't have much else they could do, so spent a lot of time on the yahoo forum.  Not much else they could do. 

I would visit them, find out what they needed and then go buy it.   Sometimes they could not afford to pay me back.  Not too much of a problem for me.  It wasn't a lot of money.   

If you are like that, unable to go out.  Perhaps I could go get some things for you when I am in Thailand next time.   That would be the end of June. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I think you spend way too much time on these forums.   Makes me think that are like two people I met in Thailand after conversing with them on a yahoo forum about Thailand.   Those two also had thousands of posts in a short period of time. 
Come to find that they were both living in Thailand on social security payments.  One was very old and too ill to go out much, the other was physically disabled and unable to go out much, having a difficult time walking.   I met them both in Thailand and offered to run errands for them when I could when I was in Thailand.   

Their SSI was ok for both in the beginning when they moved to Thailand, but then inflation caught up with them and most of their money went to rent and medical bills.  They didn't have much else they could do, so spent a lot of time on the yahoo forum.  Not much else they could do. 

I would visit them, find out what they needed and then go buy it.   Sometimes they could not afford to pay me back.  Not too much of a problem for me.  It wasn't a lot of money.   

If you are like that, unable to go out.  Perhaps I could go get some things for you when I am in Thailand next time.   That would be the end of June.

I'm semi fit and full time employed, albeit late 60's. The reason I spend too much time on this forum is because I work remotely in IT.  This forum does detract from my productivity a lot. Happy to meet if you are ever in Pattaya. Off to the gym now.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

Greene blamed President Joe Biden's policies for the deaths of two young men from Michigan whose mother testified Tuesday before the House Homeland Security Committee, although they each overdosed in 2020 while Donald Trump was president.

"I asked Greene’s office last night about her tweet blaming the Biden administration for these deaths in 2020 under Trump," said CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale. "Spokesman Nick Dyer responded by saying lots of people have died from drugs under Biden and 'do you think they give a <deleted>> about your bulls--t fact checking?'"

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-fact-check/

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Do you naively think this is something new or are you aware that the powerful have controlled media since it's inception? 

On 2/27/2023 at 9:41 PM, ozimoron said:

Links so I don't have to waste my time looking for something that's not there?

Oh it's there - in droves.

The most censored, restricted, suppressed and propagandized culture in the world. No other is even close. 

All the while most slumber to the reality. 

Edited by zzaa09

49 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Oh it's there - in droves.

The most censored, restricted, suppressed and propagandized culture in the world. No other is even close. 

All the while most slumber to the reality. 

If it was there then the folks responsible for producing it wouldn't be so reluctant to do so, paint me skeptical.

The far right conspiracy theorist delusion is that those who adhere to science based evidence aren't doing any research or aren't thinking about what they see is a joke. That's the only way they can rationalize their fairly tales. It's a constant refrain I see from those who promote pseudo science.

The reality is that the least educated think they are the only smart ones.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1