China considers sending Russia artillery shells, US officials say

Scott

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

US industry would grind to a halt. They use Chinese parts in many products. I just bought an Apple computer, it is being shipped from China. Apple would take a long time to tool up a factory to build these things in the US.

You bought an Apple computer designed in the US, made with US chips manufactured in the free world but chips themselves are the tip of a technology iceberg, little of which comes from China.  So what companies dominate this iceberg?

image.png.d06d342c4fbbef4921d412147b06bc04.png

Do you see China in the list? I seriously doubt either country would  dare start a technology war but if they did, China would be deader.

Legitimate competition and trade are a benefit for everyone, which was understood in the 60s. The problem has been teaching the CCP the meaning of legitimate.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 2

Just now, placeholder said:

Because what you claim goes against the judgments of creddible sources I have found.  Now if you could produce some credible sources that back up what you claim that would be a different matter. So please share with us links to these sources so we can know that you are not,after all, bloviating. Perhaps you have failed to recall the the rule in this form about providing links to credible sources to back up your claims? If you can't provide those links, then it's always open to you to say nothing at all.

I don't have any sources, I don't rely on Google for everything, plus you, or I, don't know what may be going on in the background, but you said "No, it couldn't be done", when you don't know what could or is being done.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't have any sources, I don't rely on Google for everything, plus you, or I, don't know what may be going on in the background, but you said "No, it couldn't be done", when you don't know what could or is being done.

I'm going to go out in a limb here and say instant creation of a polysilicon manufacturing plant can't be done. I'll even go out in a further then and say it can't be done in a few months. And the reason I say that is I provided  strong evidence to back me. Whereas in this case, you've got nothing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm going to go out in a limb here and say instant creation of a polysilicon manufacturing plant can't be done. I'll even go out in a further then and say it can't be done in a few months. And the reason I say that is I provided  strong evidence to back me. Whereas in this case, you've got nothing.

Do you know what may be going on in the background......No.

Nor do I.

Have you read any Indian sites to see if there are any misterious new buildings being fitted out, they will do Google Translate for you, or even close to your home, do you know what may be going on.

Because I don't, and am sure there is bundles of stuff going on in the background regarding anything that we know nothing about, such as, why is Ukraine doing so well with targeting, etc...????

Little off-topic, but am sure you get the picture, and I can't wait for a pageful of links from you tomorrow.....:cowboy:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you know what may be going on in the background......No.

Nor do I.

Have you read any Indian sites to see if there are any misterious new buildings being fitted out, they will do Google Translate for you, or even close to your home, do you know what may be going on.

Because I don't, and am sure there is bundles of stuff going on in the background regarding anything that we know nothing about, such as, why is Ukraine doing so well with targeting, etc...????

Little off-topic, but am sure you get the picture, and I can't wait for a pageful of links from you tomorrow.....:cowboy:

Apparently, according to your way of thinking, since nobody knows everything, then nothing can be ruled out.  And therefore, all claims, no matter how unsupported, are equally valid.

That looks like nonsense to me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rabas said:

You bought an Apple computer designed in the US, made with US chips manufactured in the free world but chips themselves are the tip of a technology iceberg, little of which comes from China.  So what companies dominate this iceberg?

Do you see China in the list? I seriously doubt either country would  dare start a technology war but if they did, China would be deader.

Legitimate competition and trade are a benefit for everyone, which was understood in the 60s. The problem has been teaching the CCP the meaning of legitimate.

What part of that post indicates that Apple could manufacture their computers outside of China anytime soon. The mainboards are manufactured in China as well  as other parts. Tesla is on the same boat.

52 minutes ago, rabas said:

Most chips are made on a substrate of polysilicon

image.png.69d4099da4dd01f8f05886455fca68c0.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1334952/solar-polysilicon-manufacturing-capacity-share-by-country-or-region/#:~:text=In 2021%2C China accounted for,worldwide%2C at around 79.4 percent.

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

"Most chips are made on a substrate of polysilicon"

Not IC chips, which I was discussing. Nearly all IC chips require single crystal silicon otherwise they won't work. They also require a massive Western based technology pyramid as I explained. Neither is true of solar cells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monocrystalline_silicon

"A single continuous crystal is critical for electronics, since grain boundaries, impurities, and crystallographic defects can significantly impact the local electronic properties of the material, which in turn affects the functionality, performance, and reliability of semiconductor devices by interfering with their proper operation."

Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

U.S. intel on China considering lethal aid for Putin's war was gleaned from Russian officials

Initial U.S. intelligence suggesting that China is considering supplying lethal aid to Russia for its war in Ukraine was gleaned from Russian government officials, according to one current and one former U.S. official familiar with the intelligence.

U.S. officials then spent weeks corroborating the information from other sources of intelligence, the current and former officials said, and with allies who also brought additional streams of information. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/us-intel-china-considering-lethal-aid-putins-war-was-gleaned-russian-o-rcna72994

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So will China help Muscovy in this way or not?

China is trying to build it's good guy image with soft power in the global south.

The global south is not joining the western coalition to help Ukraine, but I don't think it would help China's image to be explicitly arming an invading and genocidal nation (Muscovy).