China considers sending Russia artillery shells, US officials say

Scott

China in Pictures: 23 Beautiful Places to Photograph ...

China is considering sending Russia lethal military aid in the form of artillery shells as President Vladimir Putin's army rapidly depletes its supply of ammunition a year into his invasion of Ukraine, U.S. officials said, a prospect that has alarmed those in the Biden administration who believe Beijing has the ability to transform the war's trajectory.

There is no evidence that any weapons transfers have occurred, these officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the U.S. government's assessment. But if China does move ahead, it would mark the first time Beijing has provided lethal aid in the conflict despite repeated warnings by the United States not to provide such support. 

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/2023-02-24/china-artillery-shells-russia-9245174.html

Stars and Stripes

Personally I think China doesent want to kill injure or <deleted> off the golden goose (western markets for their products)at least for the time being definitely perilous times best case in my personal opinion is for the Russians people to take mister Putin flying without the benefit of an airplane if you catch my drift 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 10:03 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Well you end up by saying you cannot wait for the next headlines. Personally I cannot wait for your next post of false information.

There were 200,000 Russian troops amassed on Ukraine borders when they invaded, then reinforced with an additional 300,000 mobilized troops and further multiple thousands from Wagner and its murderers from prisons.

Russia has lost over 50% of the land it took when it first invaded so its certainly not winning the war.

No there aren't 60-100 rockets hitting Ukraine daily, the mass missile strikes are few and far between due to them having run out of the drones they got from Iran and a shortage of the cruise missiles they are experiencing.

No-one has said China has been supplying actual weapons and the OP is clearly saying it is considering.

Always enjoy reading MSM regurgitates rubbish

Flash news, MSM was reporting 100 000 troops at the border showing pics from as far as 10 years ago

Russia mobilized in  September, while reported losses were before mobilization.

Yes there are 60-100 rockets daily hitting Ukraine and yes its daily occurence

Once again, little less MSM bs and more little factual information

But following your news sources, MSM claims Russia even loosing support from China with Chinese new 12 step peace plan, while at the same time claiming China planning to provide military support to Russia. 

Can it get anymore pathetic? thankfully to people like you, who believe and incapable of logical thinking, it can and no doubt will.????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Always enjoy reading MSM regurgitates rubbish

Flash news, MSM was reporting 100 000 troops at the border showing pics from as far as 10 years ago

Yes there are 60-100 rockets daily hitting Ukraine and yes its daily occurence

Once again, little less MSM bs and more little factual information

But following your news sources, MSM claims Russia even loosing support from China with Chinese new 12 step peace plan, while at the same time claiming China planning to provide military support to Russia. 

Can it get anymore pathetic? thankfully to people like you, who believe and incapable of logical thinking, it can and no doubt will.????

Your not making sense, first you post and make this claim, msm reported 100,000 Russian soldiers killed 2 months ago.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:30 PM, BestB said:

12 months ago they were telling is Russia amasssed 100 000 troops to invade Ukraine, and 2 months ago they told us over 100 000 russian troops were killed, I guess it is the ghosts fighting

Now you're claiming that those 100,000 Russian troops were killed before Sept which is over 5 months ago. So which is it...................

1 hour ago, BestB said:

I won't bother with the rest of your claims until you sort out this little inconsistency with a link.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

yes i can see you struggling , its ok, keep tuning into MSM and all will be explained for you. If you lucky enough they will also tell you what to do, not only what to think

But just on a side note, some historical facts

US Claimed 100 000 russian troops amassed on the border and ready to invade, all pics they provided from a decade ago of russian army movement

I think what you're trading in here is not historical facts but historical fiction. Actually, the Biden Administration estimated the original Russian invasion force at 196000 troops. Which, just in case you don't have a calculator at hand,, is almost twice as many as the 100,000 you claimed.

Nearly all of Russia’s initial invasion forces now in Ukraine, Pentagon says

Nearly all of the Russian troops that were amassed on Ukraine’s border are now fighting inside the country, a senior Pentagon official said Monday.

President Joe Biden has previously said Russia had 190,000 troops in military readiness.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/07/pentagon-says-nearly-100percent-of-pre-set-russian-troops-are-now-in-ukraine.html

PUBLISHED MON, MAR 7 20221:38 PM ESTUPDATED MON, MAR 7 20223:10 PM EST

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vandeventer said:

The world needs to stop buying Chinese goods if they do this,  As their pockets are almost empty now owing 52 trillion dollars, 20 trillion more than the USA.

US industry would grind to a halt. They use Chinese parts in many products. I just bought an Apple computer, it is being shipped from China. Apple would take a long time to tool up a factory to build these things in the US.

• Like 1

The world needs to stop buying Chinese goods if they do this,  As their pockets are almost empty now owing 52 trillion dollars, 20 trillion more than the USA.

It may be emotionally satisfying to call for such a boycott, but given how deeply integrated China is into the world economy, that's a recipe for economic suicide. For just one thing, most of the world's polysilicon is manufactured in China. Without that,  no chips. And I'm not referring to  the kind you eat with fish.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

US industry would grind to a halt. They use Chinese parts in many products. I just bought an Apple computer, it is being shipped from China. Apple would take a long time to tool up a factory to build these things in the US.

But it could be done, bit like EU gas supplies.....................:cowboy:

And that debt figure you're citing for China is a conflation of government and private debt. Whereas the figure  you provided for the US is only for govt debt. US total consolidated debt is close to 90 trillion dollars

image.png.af4f7926ff5f7e6f9007be1a66479dc2.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1083150/total-us-debt-across-all-sectors/

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No, it couldn't be done. Certainly not in months the way a basic raw material like gas where other sources were found or replacements were made. 

"No it couldn't be done", then "Certainly not in months"................????

Make up your mind............:cowboy:

Just now, transam said:

"No it couldn't be done", then "Certainly not in months"................????

Make up your mind............:cowboy:

Are you being purposefully obtuse?

The point being that it would take years to replace the all the crucial stuff that China manufactures. I pointed out polysilicon manufacture already. Just without that alone, the damage to the world economy would be immense. The world economy now runs on chips.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Are you being purposefully obtuse?

The point being that it would take years to replace the all the crucial stuff that China manufactures. I pointed out polysilicon manufacture already. Just without that alone, the damage to the world economy would be immense. The world economy now runs on chips.

Obtuse am I, try making a coherent post.................. 

You don't know what could be done in a timescale.......:unsure:

Just now, transam said:

Obtuse am I, try making a coherent post.................. 

You don't know what could be done in a timescale.......:unsure:

Maybe I don't. But there are those who do:

It takes around 24 months to build a polysilicon factory, however, and with the rapid surge in demand, manufacturers have so far been unable to respond, providing a hard cap on the amount of solar PV that can be installed worldwide – but only until mid-2023 when new factories will be operating in full swing.Feb 8, 2565 BE

https://www.powerengineeringint.com/solar/polysilicon-shortages-in-solar-pv-markets-to-end-within-18-months/#:~:text=It takes around 24 months,be operating in full swing.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Maybe I don't. But there are those who do:

It takes around 24 months to build a polysilicon factory, however, and with the rapid surge in demand, manufacturers have so far been unable to respond, providing a hard cap on the amount of solar PV that can be installed worldwide – but only until mid-2023 when new factories will be operating in full swing.Feb 8, 2565 BE

https://www.powerengineeringint.com/solar/polysilicon-shortages-in-solar-pv-markets-to-end-within-18-months/#:~:text=It takes around 24 months,be operating in full swing.

Yeh, yeh, yeh..................You still don't know what could be done.....:coffee1:

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Apple is already shifting to India.

https://www.outlookindia.com/business/apple-iphone-14-apple-to-shift-iphone-production-from-china-here-s-how-india-it-s-likely-to-benefit-india-news-242601

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

How do you know I am uninformed, more narcissistic guesswork.....:unsure:

Ridiculous....

Because what you claim goes against the judgments of creddible sources I have found.  Now if you could produce some credible sources that back up what you claim that would be a different matter. So please share with us links to these sources so we can know that you are not,after all, bloviating. Perhaps you have failed to recall the the rule in this form about providing links to credible sources to back up your claims? If you can't provide those links, then it's always open to you to say nothing at all.