A Recent Report from Soi Cowboy - ? what do you fellows closer to the scene think ?

Mark mark

35 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

I was there 30 Years ago. ! ... Not in the Pool, but around the Place, ... Where were you ? with all due respect ? ... and just out of Interest ?  ... 

35 years ago I lived on soi 4 Nana. In a nice townhouse next to the then governor of Bangkoks house. Just down the soi from TTM. I moved up from Samui to that house.  The Nana was a dump and whore central back then. 1 year was enough. Then o 

36 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

out to the "hinterlands" of Ekkamai back then, ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marin said:

35 years ago I lived on soi 4 Nana. In a nice townhouse next to the then governor of Bangkoks house. Just down the soi from TTM. I moved up from Samui to that house.  The Nana was a dump and whore central back then. 1 year was enough. Then o 

out to the "hinterlands" of Ekkamai back then, ????

Well the Nana Hotel ? … I like the Place, Nana, Old world Charm. (Though I am not that keen on the street, the bars there, OR the Plaza !!! –

But my Thai friend could not believe that I stayed there, calling it a "Post Vietnam R and R" Place, ... But I still like it, … as well, it IS, a Post Vietnam R and R place !!! … Though the Old men that are dying, all around the Place, this is a bit of an Eye sore, like Wow !!! … Have you seen their Great Breakfast crowd ! Like the average age Must be about 75 I think ??? 

… But hey ! The Brave New world ! … So what are we going to do with all of our Old men ? right ? …  ??? Like I will probably end up there if I lose my Wife ! ... Better then Dyeing under Neath the Railway station back in Adelaide Australia right ???

Though well all the dyeing crowd there !!! Possibly just a bit less bad to look at than the lady Boys out on the car park I suppose ??? ...Right ???

I take my Young Boy (6 years old) there for a swim or two, and to Cheer the staff and some of the old fellows up also, ... Just to be able to see some Real Children again ! ? … and it works. !

Yes my Old Thai friend used to live on Sukhumvit and in Ekamai. And I know Bangkok well, and have lived in many Places there … Gotham City !!!  … You know Batman’s City !!! Like with the Sky Train running Down the main Boulovards !!!  … and well I do still think that it STILL Is that. ..And I still love it.

I drive my Car on GPS around there now, and Like Varrrrr ! 67, and I still have not given up yet !!!

Yes the Nana, like they CAN be a bit Snootie, like when I was a back packer they did actually kick me out I think ??? …. They used to have a Disco there you know. … But well I am an Aging Family man now, and they love me Now.

The only hotel that I know that gives the Woman that you picked up with last night, a Free Breakfast, if they are still there !!! Right !!! … Like HOW liberal is That Fellows ??? …

Like, Know any other Places in the world that do that !!! ???

1 hour ago, charmonman said:

Midnight bar has been getting a bad reputation for ripping people off. Happened to a friend of mine who is in no way naive or inexperienced. Read the reviews of the place on trip advisor and it sounds like more than an isolated experience.

Cowboy is full of hordes of tourists walking around videoing everything with their smartphones, young tourist women posing everywhere for selfies, even families dragging the small children with them like it’s Disneyland. 
As someone who loved the place 35, 25, even 15 years ago, I now find it almost intolerable. I wouldn’t mind if they took a bulldozer to the whole thing at this point.

So looking on Google maps ? That bar Midnight, used to be Milano ? didn't it ? ... or was that turned in to Tilak Bar ? ...

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

So looking on Google maps ? That bar Midnight, used to be Milano ? didn't it ? ... or was that turned in to Tilak Bar ? ...

Ah the Tilac gogo has happy memories for me from before it went glitzy and horrid, back when the farang owner and his mates played cards or something while the bikini clad dancers shuffled above them. One could actually have a conversation and the music was pleasant back then.

My first long time BG experience was with a girl from there and my 4 year relationship was with a girl from there. Happy days back then when there really was a Thai smile.

However, everything ends and I discovered paradise on Soi 4. Then things got even better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah the Tilac gogo has happy memories for me from before it went glitzy and horrid, back when the farang owner and his mates played cards or something while the bikini clad dancers shuffled above them. One could actually have a conversation and the music was pleasant back then.

My first long time BG experience was with a girl from there and my 4 year relationship was with a girl from there. Happy days back then when there really was a Thai smile.

However, everything ends and I discovered paradise on Soi 4. Then things got even better.

Soi 4?

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, I have ended up Using the Nana on Soi 4, (For better or worse ? So they say ... But well it seems like the BETTER for me !) ... as a Holiday Place now, as it has a nice swimming pool for the Kids, and the Old fellows in it, ARE actually pretty good with them also, ... Like Free meting "White, usually fat,  Old Folang Farts" Training for them .... Hard to find in some places around the world right ???

...  And I like attacking the Bacon Bay Marie at Breakfast time. ...

Yes, Soi 4 is OK I think. And well I was in Soi 22 but have moved to Nana also now, …. though well I have Heard of some people that do not like the Trannies in the Nana's Parking lot to much ? ... ???

… Yes been to Tilak and well Yes !!! it was very OK, and I liked the see through dance Floor above your Head !!! Very Innovative ! … Like the Thai's ARE a very Innovative People you know.

Yes I looked on Thai360 as advised by the poster above who HAD pretty well got it right I think ??? … To Google "The Arab" ... ostensibly the one Responsible for the Americanization and Glitz ? … “Bling” in UK slang ! I guess ? ... of Cowboy. ... (And some over charging, to get their investments back ??? maybe ???) ...

But well it ended up as a discussion on Real-estate Prices in Bangkok !!! ... But well the Intelligent answer I think is Like you say !!! ... Everything Changes !!! ... And a Piece of Land, Owned by Local Chinese family, who will not sell it, right, … Right by the MRT stations, … in the center of town !!! WILL always go Up I think .... And lead to Higher Lease Prices, ... Will always lead to Larger Bars, ... and more Bling I guess.

… So well possibly it is a good idea to get MORE trannies in to Soi 4 ! … To terrorize the Inexperienced or Prissy Punters ! … And STOP the place becoming Sanitized (Like Cowboy ?) …  with a bit of Stealing from the Innocent thrown in Now, … by the seams of it ???)

Thanks Mate and keep an Eye out for me on the Nana end of Sukhumvit ! I will be the Worn out looking fellow, with a 6 Year old Leading the charge, … in his Superman Costume ! .... Like waking dean Sukhumvit, … with a 6 Year old Superman ! … And actually not to bad I thought, !  last time I had to do it ! ... No one else has a 6 Year old who thinks that he IS Superman ! Right ? …

… Like never say Die ! right Mark mark.

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Or Loretta's ? Another one of Cowboys Daughters I think ??? ... ... Some very interesting stuff if you Google this guy also ! ...

Like we all are only Stiffs in the Box in the end ! ? ... but well, for better or Worse, ... some battlers Like Cowboy, ARE the Real winners i think, for better or worse !!! ... Like he got the street names after him you didn't he !!! .... Like a Black, American Service Man, ex Vietnam vet !!!  So well ... as with other Black men that taught me a lesson or two, ... when I slowed down enough to Hear them !!! ... ... And some Muslims as well !!! ..... Cowboy is the One that Made it !!! ... "The Arab" (Actually an American Iranian so it seems) ... is Just capitalizing on Cowboys success ? .... I think ???  ... (And just F'ng it up ? so it seems ??? ) ???

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

When is your book coming out? 

:coffee1:

Yes Tubby ! … Oh ? Probably when my Great grand Children finish School ??? ... and well, we all know when that will be don't we !!! After I am Dead !!! Right ? ... ... ...

… Though Wellll !!!! ???? .... Maybe I ought to put a bit of <deleted> together, a bit before that ? Right ??? ... Though well, I really do not know where I would put it ? …. Like just more Junk to clean out when they have to clean out my House after I die ??? ... Like my Grandfathers Slides of the Old Lenswood Colds store from back in the 50's !!! When no one else in Town had a camera !!!

... But Yes, ... Thanks Greatly Mate, … for this Hint !!! ... YES maybe I should have a go at it ? … Like I have enough stories to write about ten books !!! … Though well as with here !!! ... I do not know how they would be received.

I have a Link to an interview with Behrouz Boochani, The Iranian Write who spent over 6 years in the Manus Island, one of Australia's Offshore Detention center, for all boat arrivals since ? Well when they DID actually stop them coming !!! ??? Like it or not. ....

Like a pretty smart Writer that guy ? ... And 6 Years in Manus Island, and two Boat escaped from Indonesia to write about !!! ... One where he nearly drowned, ... Well Yes, HE does have some subject matter there I think !!!  .... And he is Obviously smart enough to do it also ... AND ! Had the time. He wrote a lot of his first book by sending text messages from the Boat, … and then continued it on Manus Island while in detention !!! ....

He told the Australian Immigration Security that he was “An Iranian Journalist” when he arrived and they all just Laughed at him !!! … God Bless our Great Bogan based ??? Police system in Our own Country.

So I might put a link to it, on, and under, Roosters Column Next week. 

(Yes I really loved it when he said that the Australian Peoples consideration before the last Election, … which he lost convincingly, !!! ... of how much of a Liar, Mr. Happy Clapper (A so called Evangelistic Christian) Morrison was !!! ... ... When he said that all of the refugees detained on Manus Island, … all Knew how much of a, Liar he really was for 10 ? or 15 Years ? before that !!! ??? … Har Har ???)

Well, <Deleted> it !  (As Police Captain Monkey (Ling) in my Local, Immigration center actually seems to like humorously saying about the regulations on ocasion) ... I will put it here now any way.

https://www.unisa.edu.au/connect/hawke-centre/events-and-exhibitions/events/2023/freedom-only-freedom/

And fast forward to the info on Interviewer (A Former Journalist that was Detained by the new Regime in Egypt previously) at the 17.46 minuet mark, and then the interview itself of Behrouz Boochani, Iranian writer, and 6 Year detainee on Manus island.

Yes I am going to wind up my writing here well write an end to it now, and just say Thanks mates, Mark. – Yes the original subject of the Pretty major Theft, and Cheating in Cowboy HAS been solved here I think, and Thanks for Mr. Buick for putting me on to the track of it !!! … and then Mr. Chatmonman for telling it as well ? … Now ! …. And those two posts answered the Whole thing for me at least. ?

So Thanks Mates !!

Mark mark

Edited by Mark mark
updating it.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:43 AM, Mark mark said:

No Mate ! Just a quite Recalcitrant Australian, who got a U for English in Matriculation, Like Unacceptable !!! .... with a comment of "We just threw your paper in to the rubbish bin" attached ...But I got an A+ for Geography, ... so I was able to go on to Uni and eventually !!! ... Graduate as a Surveyor, for free ... and well devote the rest of my Life ! ? To getting those Bastards that threw my English Paper in the bin, Back !!! .... Right ?

Well, my Father used to be the Head Master on all of the Primary Schools that I went to. !!!

Like do any of you Know what it is Like ? and How it sets up the "Just play the white Mans Card" routine, in you head, ... after just being the "Schoolies Son" ... for every minuet of the day, ... 7 says a week and 52 weeks a Year !!! ... For 7 of your formative years !!! ... (And well after then, he had Influence in My High schools also !!!

Like No big Deal, you got to just deal with what you get in life I think. Though just be kind though. ? .... And He WAS a very Moral man, and kind !!! and he really REALLY helped me, in other ways, and taught me other things, that I just might not have learnt from any one else I think ???

... Though well, my intent on messing up the English Language ? ( Or well Improving it ??? - Right ??? ) ... might also be my Rebellion of always having to play the Schoolies Son's Card !!! ... 

Any way I live in Asia now, and play the White Mans Card in stead. ...

16 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Yes been to Tilak and well Yes !!! it was very OK, and I liked the see through dance Floor above your Head !!! Very Innovative ! … Like the Thai's ARE a very Innovative People you know.

Since when has Tilac had an upper level?

IMO confusing it with a different gogo.

If anyone wants to invent stories about Soi Cowboy they need to make sure they get the facts right, and not just read some stuff on the internet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

Yes Tubby ! … Oh ? Probably when my Great grand Children finish School ??? ... and well, we all know when that will be don't we !!! After I am Dead !!! Right ? ... ... ...

… Though Wellll !!!! ???? .... Maybe I ought to put a bit of <deleted> together, a bit before that ? Right ??? ... Though well, I really do not know where I would put it ? …. Like just more Junk to clean out when they have to clean out my House after I die ??? ... Like my Grandfathers Slides of the Old Lenswood Colds store from back in the 50's !!! When no one else in Town had a camera !!!

... But Yes, ... Thanks Greatly Mate, … for this Hint !!! ... YES maybe I should have a go at it ? … Like I have enough stories to write about ten books !!! … Though well as with here !!! ... I do not know how they would be received.

I have a Link to an interview with Behrouz Boochani, The Iranian Write who spent over 6 years in the Manus Island, one of Australia's Offshore Detention center, for all boat arrivals since ? Well when they DID actually stop them coming !!! ??? Like it or not. ....

Like a pretty smart Writer that guy ? ... And 6 Years in Manus Island, and two Boat escaped from Indonesia to write about !!! ... One where he nearly drowned, ... Well Yes, HE does have some subject matter there I think !!!  .... And he is Obviously smart enough to do it also ... AND ! Had the time. He wrote a lot of his first book by sending text messages from the Boat, … and then continued it on Manus Island while in detention !!! ....

He told the Australian Immigration Security that he was “An Iranian Journalist” when he arrived and they all just Laughed at him !!! … God Bless our Great Bogan based ??? Police system in Our own Country.

So I might put a link to it, on, and under, Roosters Column Next week. 

(Yes I really loved it when he said that the Australian Peoples consideration before the last Election, … which he lost convincingly, !!! ... of how much of a Liar, Mr. Happy Clapper (A so called Evangelistic Christian) Morrison was !!! ... ... When he said that all of the refugees detained on Manus Island, … all Knew how much of a, Liar he really was for 10 ? or 15 Years ? before that !!! ??? … Har Har ???)

Well, <Deleted> it !  (As Police Captain Monkey (Ling) in my Local, Immigration center actually seems to like humorously saying about the regulations on ocasion) ... I will put it here now any way.

https://www.unisa.edu.au/connect/hawke-centre/events-and-exhibitions/events/2023/freedom-only-freedom/

And fast forward to the info on Interviewer (A Former Journalist that was Detained by the new Regime in Egypt previously) at the 17.46 minuet mark, and then the interview itself of Behrouz Boochani, Iranian writer, and 6 Year detainee on Manus island.

Yes I am going to wind up my writing here well write an end to it now, and just say Thanks mates, Mark. – Yes the original subject of the Pretty major Theft, and Cheating in Cowboy HAS been solved here I think, and Thanks for Mr. Buick for putting me on to the track of it !!! … and then Mr. Chatmonman for telling it as well ? … Now ! …. And those two posts answered the Whole thing for me at least. ?

So Thanks Mates !!

Mark mark

LOL. Methinks someone has been smoking something!

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Since when has Tilac had an upper level?

IMO confusing it with a different gogo.

If anyone wants to invent stories about Soi Cowboy they need to make sure they get the facts right, and not just read some stuff on the internet.

Yes, I was just wrong. I was thinking of another Place ... With a second floor dance Floor with the Glass Floor ??? ... Which one was it, ??? It was a small place I think ???

And I remember Tilak now met another ... More Challenged American service man (From the Afghanistan war) there, ...

Yes I am not Really a writer, I do not make any thing up, all my stories are just recounts of what actually happened.  But the Opinions,, ???  yes I do think of them my self though.

Well Thanks Greatly fellows !!! … The First Thread that I posted myself and well, up to the third page of Replies now ! … Like Varrrr ! …

(Well 50% of them just Criticism of my Grammar and the way that I write English, … and NO, … I am Not stoned.) …. But I would have never have believed that it would get so many ! … Just a simple story about meting a Good American fellow in the swimming pool at Nana, who told me about being Pick Pocketed of 10,000 B … and then ripped off 6,000 for Company / Ladies Drinks ? ... by the Bar staff, there in some Bar ? in Cowboy, the night before.

And I DO think that I have got the general answer, and it came from a couple of the posts here also ! To thanks to those two or guys Greatly !!! 

And thanks for your replies Fellows !!! ( And I had better get this last One ????? in before the thread is Closed I guess ??? )

Yes I am going to wind up my writing here, well write an end to it now, here, and just say Thanks Fellas, … From Mark mark.

Yes the theory about the probable cause of the 16,000 theft and rip off in Cowboy,  HAS been solved here pretty well I think, so thanks to all, AND Thanks for Mr. Buick for putting me on to the track of it ! … … and then Mr. Chatmonman for telling it as it IS Now ! ? in Cowboy I guess. …. Like those two posts, pretty well answered the Whole thing, for me at least. ?

Yes maybe I should just start off another Thread, entitled  “<Deleted> Walking Streets” here ???

Yes Mr. Buick put me on to the start of it, and suggested I Google “The Arab”… And well I found a lot of that story on line (In Thai360, a Competitor of AN, so you will just have to find that link yourself I think ?) … Just Google … Midnight  bar owner ? Soi Cowboy ? … or “The Arab” Soi Cowboy ? or variations of these themes, and you should get the whole story, well up to 2010 !!! Like that is as far as I could chase it up ? …

So well THAT was what was happening , then ( 13 Years ago now ) and well it had pretty much <Deleting> up Soi cowboy up to then, …. and Thanks Greatly Buick for pushing me in that direction, ... and well it Was the beginning of the truth I think. …. Although what I was reading, did decay in to a discussion on Real-estate Prices in Bangkok, ... but well, this also was part of poor old Soi Cowboys demise I think my self also. 

Like I remember writing about having a REAL party, with some girls from Old Dingdongs in the back of a Suberoo outside it, in the Road, back in the early 80’s, … like back “When it was a Real Street”, with Traffic !!! …. YES this is also the beginning of the Resulting Change happening there ! … It had the good old Neighborhood / Community stuff happening ! … But ! In a Red Light district to make it VERY Interesting ! …. Street Boys racing up and down the street on their motor bikes ?  The Suberoo taking groups of Girls off for “Special Missions” in big Hotels ? …. Well no motor bike racing I think, but they all were parking their Speedy Little rice Burners outside the bars, and well some Chinese Business were still operating their shops there also, … amongst the Bars ! …. Like the Chinese hard ware store where I used to buy the Half bottle of Whiskey with the Ding Dong girls !!!

A Real, and … LIVE street ! …. AND then they made it a <Deleted> "Walking Street" ! <Deleted> … Sanitized it ! … Gave the New Age (Greedy Rich) bar owners more Money ! … and a better View of their Victims ! … And just started screwing us ordanary People who Just Liked Cowboy. ... The Chinese Business closed, as they had no more day time traffic then ! ? ( I guess ? )

And well Yes ! ... I think that this was the moment that the whole place was just Gutted … The, Too Many Rats in the Box tourists, and their families taking Selfies with their Children, in their new Cloths from Robinsons !!! <Deleted> and the Rich Businessmen just taking their money in Far more <Deleted> circumstances at night ! ... Well "Small Time" business men I think that we should say. ( With out wanting to say any thing Ruder ? )

And as Charmonman reported when he said that it all might as well be Bulldozed, as far as he was Concerned.

... Like I have decided never to go back there now, … ? … ( Though well I should just walk down it, at 9 pm one night, with my 6 Year old Great Grand Son, in his Superman Costume right ??? )

( Which Well, talking about costumes, but I do not want to get off topic to much, but do any of you remember the just Exact reincarnation of Zorro ? … Who used to frequent the Old Chinese Shop house doorways down there in Kotta Baru ?  … He was a Malaysian Secret Police man apparently, the Good Tout Boys told me, on his Mission of Picking up Foreign Drug addicts ! ? ... Well, he MUST have been a Local Cop !!! ? Mustn't he ? .... Well pick up, any one so out of their minds, that they would follow a Character dressed up in a perfect image of Zorro, as he ran up a decrepit old Chinese Shop house stairway !!!

… Like this one REALLY pretty well sums up the Whole West Malaysian Police, and Political system there I think my self !)

… So well Let's make it a “Walking Street” Right, and exterminate all of the Old Dirt ! Like me. … More Money for the Rich ! … But ruin it ! For the Locals ? … This is the end Problem, … Like after the Arab” started this Process, over 13 Years before I think ?

And I am sure that they have done this in Kota Baru as well !  … And then just watch the Money rolling it ! ? like In most cities in the world. ... Like why don’t we make the whole town just a walking street ! For the Rich Business men to Capitalize on the Rats in the Box, on ? and just leave enough Express ways, so that you can get your car in to and out of town. ?

… Well some people might think that more Money for the Rich IS Improving things ? … But well, I do not.

So Well see you Later Fellows ! Right (If you will Believe me in that ! Har Har …) … But not in a “<Deleted> Walking Street” Right ! ? … ???

Cowboy,  but Nana has held out though thank God, and still is a let it all Rip, traffic street at least !) … Pat Pong ? … And Singapore must have many as well may cities in the world must have !!! …

Yes Commerce Folks ... Let’s Create all Plastic and concrete … Precincts ! ?  … So the Rats in the Box, trying to find a better place to be !!! … Can spend all of their money there easier !!! … and allegedly in the Maximum of comfort ?

Like this all makes me think of the Great “Buggis St” in Singapore where the Australian Navy Blokes used to get up on to the Toilet Roof there, stick Rolled newspapers up there <Deleteds> … bend over, and set them on Fire !!! … and then dance around on the roof, … like Wiled Red Indians Whooping !!! .. Like the Great dances of the flaming <deleted> ! … In Buggis St Singapore !!! Right. 

Which are no more … We do not want to risk, setting the Plastic shop fronts, and painted Concrete imitations, of the newly Reconstructed, ... Old street on Fire do we.

Well enough of that, … but yes, … I think that Cowboy went down, just like Pat Pong … When they made it a walking street. … Like I wonder when they will get Chulia St. in Penang ! ?

Still, in my aging years now, I can just walk down Soi Cowboy, … and as I get almost to the Sio 23 end, … I just Imagine the Temple Crematorium … Figuratively, Just around the Cornerfor me ! Right   ( Just in My Imagination right ) … Where they will push my Body in to the new Diesel powered Oven !!! … As the Bulldozers start Demolishing the Old Cowboy Buildings behind me, …  starting off from Down the Soi Asok end !!! … Slowly making room for the new ? JP Morgan Tower ? … or something like that. … “Improving Our Lives” ! ? Right ??? Har Har … Well “NOT” at all if you ask me Right ?

Yes I will not actually be there I hope, … I will be just floating on my back in the Nana Hotel Pool, looking up at the 300 story JP Marriot there, … that now overlooks the whole place. ! ? …  Right ? … The eye sore ? … Well it does make you proud of how smart some Humans can be, in constructing something so tall ! … That does NOT actually fall down ! … ( Well, Not Yet ? )

… Yes I can just wait there Until I have a heart attack while trying to get that second beckon sandwich in at their Great Breakfast !!! … Or the JP Marriot falls down on me, while I am Floating in the Pool !!! … And takes out the whole Nana Hotel, ... the Pool, and the car park under it !!! … As well as quite a few Trannies Hiding out there in the street side car park, as well most likely ! ?

… But well better get off of this, before I get Pulled also.

Thanks Fellows for the truthful answers. … Both Good ones and well let’s just say, … “The other advice”.

Mark mark, … Just an Old Schoolies Son, who still has it in for that System !

( NO, You do NOT bash ME over the Knuckles  with your rulers you .... !!! )

… YES, I Must go to Hillarie’s on Soi 4 ! Next time in Bangkok, … LIVE a bit !!! …  Stager in, try not to get any Minor “Binn” Cheating ? and see if they have those Great bands there any more !!!

… And thanks also, And for ALL of your help as well, to get me there ! ? ...

27 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Well Thanks Greatly fellows !!! … The First Thread that I posted myself and well, up to the third page of Replies now ! … Like Varrrr ! …

(Well 50% of them just Criticism of my Grammar and the way that I write English, … and NO, … I am Not stoned.) …. But I would have never have believed that it would get so many ! … Just a simple story about meting a Good American fellow in the swimming pool at Nana, who told me about being Pick Pocketed of 10,000 B … and then ripped off 6,000 for Company / Ladies Drinks ? ... by the Bar staff, there in some Bar ? in Cowboy, the night before.

And I DO think that I have got the general answer, and it came from a couple of the posts here also ! To thanks to those two or guys Greatly !!! 

And thanks for your replies Fellows !!! ( And I had better get this last One ????? in before the thread is Closed I guess ??? )

Yes I am going to wind up my writing here, well write an end to it now, here, and just say Thanks Fellas, … From Mark mark.

Yes the theory about the probable cause of the 16,000 theft and rip off in Cowboy,  HAS been solved here pretty well I think, so thanks to all, AND Thanks for Mr. Buick for putting me on to the track of it ! … … and then Mr. Chatmonman for telling it as it IS Now ! ? in Cowboy I guess. …. Like those two posts, pretty well answered the Whole thing, for me at least. ?

Yes maybe I should just start off another Thread, entitled  “<Deleted> Walking Streets” here ???

Yes Mr. Buick put me on to the start of it, and suggested I Google “The Arab”… And well I found a lot of that story on line (In Thai360, a Competitor of AN, so you will just have to find that link yourself I think ?) … Just Google … Midnight  bar owner ? Soi Cowboy ? … or “The Arab” Soi Cowboy ? or variations of these themes, and you should get the whole story, well up to 2010 !!! Like that is as far as I could chase it up ? …

So well THAT was what was happening , then ( 13 Years ago now ) and well it had pretty much <Deleting> up Soi cowboy up to then, …. and Thanks Greatly Buick for pushing me in that direction, ... and well it Was the beginning of the truth I think. …. Although what I was reading, did decay in to a discussion on Real-estate Prices in Bangkok, ... but well, this also was part of poor old Soi Cowboys demise I think my self also. 

Like I remember writing about having a REAL party, with some girls from Old Dingdongs in the back of a Suberoo outside it, in the Road, back in the early 80’s, … like back “When it was a Real Street”, with Traffic !!! …. YES this is also the beginning of the Resulting Change happening there ! … It had the good old Neighborhood / Community stuff happening ! … But ! In a Red Light district to make it VERY Interesting ! …. Street Boys racing up and down the street on their motor bikes ?  The Suberoo taking groups of Girls off for “Special Missions” in big Hotels ? …. Well no motor bike racing I think, but they all were parking their Speedy Little rice Burners outside the bars, and well some Chinese Business were still operating their shops there also, … amongst the Bars ! …. Like the Chinese hard ware store where I used to buy the Half bottle of Whiskey with the Ding Dong girls !!!

A Real, and … LIVE street ! …. AND then they made it a <Deleted> "Walking Street" ! <Deleted> … Sanitized it ! … Gave the New Age (Greedy Rich) bar owners more Money ! … and a better View of their Victims ! … And just started screwing us ordanary People who Just Liked Cowboy. ... The Chinese Business closed, as they had no more day time traffic then ! ? ( I guess ? )

And well Yes ! ... I think that this was the moment that the whole place was just Gutted … The, Too Many Rats in the Box tourists, and their families taking Selfies with their Children, in their new Cloths from Robinsons !!! <Deleted> and the Rich Businessmen just taking their money in Far more <Deleted> circumstances at night ! ... Well "Small Time" business men I think that we should say. ( With out wanting to say any thing Ruder ? )

And as Charmonman reported when he said that it all might as well be Bulldozed, as far as he was Concerned.

... Like I have decided never to go back there now, … ? … ( Though well I should just walk down it, at 9 pm one night, with my 6 Year old Great Grand Son, in his Superman Costume right ??? )

( Which Well, talking about costumes, but I do not want to get off topic to much, but do any of you remember the just Exact reincarnation of Zorro ? … Who used to frequent the Old Chinese Shop house doorways down there in Kotta Baru ?  … He was a Malaysian Secret Police man apparently, the Good Tout Boys told me, on his Mission of Picking up Foreign Drug addicts ! ? ... Well, he MUST have been a Local Cop !!! ? Mustn't he ? .... Well pick up, any one so out of their minds, that they would follow a Character dressed up in a perfect image of Zorro, as he ran up a decrepit old Chinese Shop house stairway !!!

… Like this one REALLY pretty well sums up the Whole West Malaysian Police, and Political system there I think my self !)

… So well Let's make it a “Walking Street” Right, and exterminate all of the Old Dirt ! Like me. … More Money for the Rich ! … But ruin it ! For the Locals ? … This is the end Problem, … Like after the Arab” started this Process, over 13 Years before I think ?

And I am sure that they have done this in Kota Baru as well !  … And then just watch the Money rolling it ! ? like In most cities in the world. ... Like why don’t we make the whole town just a walking street ! For the Rich Business men to Capitalize on the Rats in the Box, on ? and just leave enough Express ways, so that you can get your car in to and out of town. ?

… Well some people might think that more Money for the Rich IS Improving things ? … But well, I do not.

So Well see you Later Fellows ! Right (If you will Believe me in that ! Har Har …) … But not in a “<Deleted> Walking Street” Right ! ? … ???

Cowboy,  but Nana has held out though thank God, and still is a let it all Rip, traffic street at least !) … Pat Pong ? … And Singapore must have many as well may cities in the world must have !!! …

Yes Commerce Folks ... Let’s Create all Plastic and concrete … Precincts ! ?  … So the Rats in the Box, trying to find a better place to be !!! … Can spend all of their money there easier !!! … and allegedly in the Maximum of comfort ?

Like this all makes me think of the Great “Buggis St” in Singapore where the Australian Navy Blokes used to get up on to the Toilet Roof there, stick Rolled newspapers up there <Deleteds> … bend over, and set them on Fire !!! … and then dance around on the roof, … like Wiled Red Indians Whooping !!! .. Like the Great dances of the flaming <deleted> ! … In Buggis St Singapore !!! Right. 

Which are no more … We do not want to risk, setting the Plastic shop fronts, and painted Concrete imitations, of the newly Reconstructed, ... Old street on Fire do we.

Well enough of that, … but yes, … I think that Cowboy went down, just like Pat Pong … When they made it a walking street. … Like I wonder when they will get Chulia St. in Penang ! ?

Still, in my aging years now, I can just walk down Soi Cowboy, … and as I get almost to the Sio 23 end, … I just Imagine the Temple Crematorium … Figuratively, Just around the Cornerfor me ! Right   ( Just in My Imagination right ) … Where they will push my Body in to the new Diesel powered Oven !!! … As the Bulldozers start Demolishing the Old Cowboy Buildings behind me, …  starting off from Down the Soi Asok end !!! … Slowly making room for the new ? JP Morgan Tower ? … or something like that. … “Improving Our Lives” ! ? Right ??? Har Har … Well “NOT” at all if you ask me Right ?

Yes I will not actually be there I hope, … I will be just floating on my back in the Nana Hotel Pool, looking up at the 300 story JP Marriot there, … that now overlooks the whole place. ! ? …  Right ? … The eye sore ? … Well it does make you proud of how smart some Humans can be, in constructing something so tall ! … That does NOT actually fall down ! … ( Well, Not Yet ? )

… Yes I can just wait there Until I have a heart attack while trying to get that second beckon sandwich in at their Great Breakfast !!! … Or the JP Marriot falls down on me, while I am Floating in the Pool !!! … And takes out the whole Nana Hotel, ... the Pool, and the car park under it !!! … As well as quite a few Trannies Hiding out there in the street side car park, as well most likely ! ?

… But well better get off of this, before I get Pulled also.

Thanks Fellows for the truthful answers. … Both Good ones and well let’s just say, … “The other advice”.

Mark mark, … Just an Old Schoolies Son, who still has it in for that System !

( NO, You do NOT bash ME over the Knuckles  with your rulers you .... !!! )

… YES, I Must go to Hillarie’s on Soi 4 ! Next time in Bangkok, … LIVE a bit !!! …  Stager in, try not to get any Minor “Binn” Cheating ? and see if they have those Great bands there any more !!!

… And thanks also, And for ALL of your help as well, to get me there ! ? ...

Have you ever considered that "less is more".

I liked Soi Cowboy when i happened on it many, many years ago, and Tilac became my go to Gogo, my first long time ( 3 days ) was from there, my 4 years GF was from there. I wasn't really interested in other places, and I stayed in the Carlton Hotel around the corner. Then I discovered the Plaza about the time the GF got snarky, so moved on and stayed in the Dynasty Inn, a 30 second walk from the Plaza, a great place under the old owner - new owner made it into a "boutique hotel" put the price up and stopped us leaving "Thailand bags" indefinitely in the store room, so moved down to Honey hotel ( a wonderful Vietnam war era place with an interesting restaurant ) near Asoke, but not back to Soi Cowboy.

Times change, Tilac went flashy and unloveable, the street got too crowded, so I never missed it when the Plaza became the new paradise.

Does anyone remember Uncle Ray's hotel out the back of the Dynasty Inn? A cheap place in the heart of Bkk, but the cleanliness was a problem. That's gone, Tom's Quick ( a nice restaurant near Sukhumvit with a fearsome female manager ) has gone, Hollywood Royale has gone, the G Spot has gone, seems like most of the places I liked the most have gone. Still, as long as I have the photos I can remember the good times that may never return.

Happy days long ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you ever considered that "less is more".

I liked Soi Cowboy when i happened on it many, many years ago, and Tilac became my go to Gogo, my first long time ( 3 days ) was from there, my 4 years GF was from there. I wasn't really interested in other places, and I stayed in the Carlton Hotel around the corner. Then I discovered the Plaza about the time the GF got snarky, so moved on and stayed in the Dynasty Inn, a 30 second walk from the Plaza, a great place under the old owner - new owner made it into a "boutique hotel" put the price up and stopped us leaving "Thailand bags" indefinitely in the store room, so moved down to Honey hotel ( a wonderful Vietnam war era place with an interesting restaurant ) near Asoke, but not back to Soi Cowboy.

Times change, Tilac went flashy and unloveable, the street got too crowded, so I never missed it when the Plaza became the new paradise.

Does anyone remember Uncle Ray's hotel out the back of the Dynasty Inn? A cheap place in the heart of Bkk, but the cleanliness was a problem. That's gone, Tom's Quick ( a nice restaurant near Sukhumvit with a fearsome female manager ) has gone, Hollywood Royale has gone, the G Spot has gone, seems like most of the places I liked the most have gone. Still, as long as I have the photos I can remember the good times that may never return.

Happy days long ago.

Hey ThaiBeachLovers ! ... Good one and you got me there !!! ... Though well Less is More" Well we all know that and "Oh ? Errrr" Yes less is More, and well I do know this, ... But well just can not think of an Application to it now ? ... other than ... "Cowboy was less, ...  and it WAS More !!!  .... but now it is More !!! ... But it is less" ! ? ???

Yes stayed in Uncle Rays !!! ... and yes, just as you say, a bit run down but well, HEY what Great economy Accommodation ! AND friendly and in Soi 4 !!! Right next to the Plaza !!!

I have Been to Tilak I think ? it is a bigger double or triple fronted Place isn't it ... been there once I think only a few years ago ? .... and yes Nice girls and Honest (Well the Place, My Slightly Challenged, American Def Tech American "Contractor" (From the Afghanistan war) ... was not to lucky with his wife that he Pulled down of the Pole there ? though well a Gambler as so was her Mother, ... so say no more right ? ??? ... My Memories of the Place was ... "Blue Light" ? Right ? ??? I think ?

Yes know of the Honey some of my Girl Friend, House sharers from 269 Soi Din Tong Lan soi 22 used to go there with their boy friends quite a bit ! ?

... Yes seen a Great Show in G' spot, ... accidently took my Mother to it !!! "With a British Friend, !!! ... Like the British !!! Just Really Great <deleted> takers those Blokes, ... and well we found out why the last 4 seats together were not taken, !!! ... Like they were right in front of the Stage, and like Backs to ! the Soap show I think ? ... 3rd Floor down the back wasn't it ?

Yes ALL good Places, though well I looked a bit like a back packer when I went in to The Honey ! ? so well got the Hard answers that day !!! Right ?

... Do you remember the ??? Was it the Sukhumvit Crown ? ... South side of Sukhumvit, and between Soi 6 and 8 wasn't it ... Friendly, Very economic, nice bed side Mirrors, and OK, though struggling to gentrify it self I think ??? And well ??? Soi 8 !!! ??? ...

I will Google the Dynasty Inn. ...

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

3rd Floor down the back wasn't it ?

No, go down a floor.

I'll always regret not paying attention to the starkers DDG dancer sat next to me when she wasn't dancing, but I was too engrossed in what was on stage to notice. Is it normal to remember the ones that got away more than the ones we hooked?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, go down a floor.

I'll always regret not paying attention to the starkers DDG dancer sat next to me when she wasn't dancing, but I was too engrossed in what was on stage to notice. Is it normal to remember the ones that got away more than the ones we hooked?

Most certainly once married or long term.????????

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, go down a floor.

Or who Hooked Us !! ... Right ?

Yes 2nd Floor Like Ground, 1 and then 2 ? ...  or was it on the first ne up ? I forget I thi9nk that the Thais call the ground floor No. 1 ? so well must have bene the second ? ... but it was the one with a show at Midnight wasn't it ??? ..

There was another Bar over by the RHS (The Sough side) of the Entrance way which had Girls dancing with no Nickers on and was it up on a Glass Floor ? (I am Trading stocks now so well the Heads on fire a bit just now !!! ??? ... Sorry.)

1 minute ago, Mark mark said:

Or who Hooked Us !! ... Right ?

Yes 2nd Floor Like Ground, 1 and then 2 ? ...  or was it on the first ne up ? I forget I thi9nk that the Thais call the ground floor No. 1 ? so well must have bene the second ? ... but it was the one with a show at Midnight wasn't it ??? ..

There was another Bar over by the RHS (The Sough side) of the Entrance way which had Girls dancing with no Nickers on and was it up on a Glass Floor ? (I am Trading stocks now so well the Heads on fire a bit just now !!! ??? ... Sorry.)

LOL. Hooking a hooker.

Back in the day they danced in nothing except shoes in most of the bars. It was that <deleted> thaksin associate that stopped all that.

No glass floors in Nana back then. You must be thinking of somewhere else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Hooking a hooker.

Back in the day they danced in nothing except shoes in most of the bars. It was that <deleted> thaksin associate that stopped all that.

No glass floors in Nana back then. You must be thinking of somewhere else.

Yes ! ...Maybe it was just No Nickers ! ? which would have been a first, ... sort of back then for me, !!! as well I mostly spent my time in More Conservative at that time ? Soi "Eastern Farm Girl" !!! (Cowboy) With Burri Ram, Si Saket and Surin girls E.g. a LOT of ethnic Cambodian in them !!! ... Like fumy, ! And Nice !!! ... But kept their Nickers On ... Well, when in Public any way ! ? ... Yes, Preditory Woman !!!  ... I have always just Loved them !!!

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes me too, loved the vibe in those days, actually the Japanese guy that used to play dice with them is still around in Jomtien. Also, "Sam" is still involved with Tilac, really nice lady, known her for 35 years

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Here are a few from my archives. Both Plaza and Cowboy.

G SPOT.jpg

HOG'S BREATH.jpg

COWBOY.jpg

NANA BEFORE CENTER BARS.jpg

NANA PLAZA 1.jpg

NANA PLAZA 3.jpg

NANA PLAZA 2.jpg

NANA PLAZA 4.jpg

PLAYSKOOL SIGN.jpg

TILAC.jpg

VOODOO.jpg

WOODSTOCK.jpg

WOW ! ThaiBeachLover - How Great ! what year were they. ? ... Like very nice. I was off shore a lot about then I think, as I did not get to them that much any more back then, and Thanks for the Photos. ... I have down loaded them and Saved them. ...

... Yes like who could have forgotten Woodstock ! ... They used to serve Free Shots with the Beers didn't they Once ...

... And Carnival ? Like I am sure that on one of my ... Disappearances to Bangkok ... "For Business" or "To meet Friends" Women, tried to set fire to one of her friends Dancing Bikini's, Crutch, with her cabaret lighter, yes, at about, ... Hole level, should we say !!! ... While she was still dancing up on the stage !  ... Insinuating that there must have bene some Flammable gasses up there I think ??? ....

Yes a very Nice woman that one, though well ... Yaba !!! ... Unannounced Visitors all night, and a quite messed up looking Woman just siting on the floor in her Flat making an Old Nail polish bottle in to a Pipe !!! ...

... I Vomited (D/t Scotch, NOT Ya Ba) ... and I am sure that I heard the Thais in another room, ... over the other side of the Air gap, start laughing, and shout out loudly, ... "So How is it going Now Folang", ... as I nearly choked on my Own Vomit !!! ... Yes, So better not go on about that one.

I stopped trying to re find my Youth again, after that Day, or so's experience ?  In or Near the BDMS Nurses Quarters, off of Petchumbury near the Petu Narm Intersection I think ? ...

(Well they could have been BH's Nurses Quarters actually as I think that the BH Hospital Chain's Great probably former now, CEO Dr ? ??, ... used to be the one that always give their Nurses accommodation. ..and hence kept them, and on a Reasonable Pay scale also I do believe ?)

... And yes, My Wife found out !!! ... as she usually always did ... Tricked me in to giving the game away, by saying that My Friends Wife had already told her !!! ... When she had not !!! ...Yes quite Tricky Women these, even Fishermen's Daughters !!! ... or well they are probably are More street wise, than the rest of them I suspect, ?  ... After Nearly 40 Years with this one.  ...

Still they CAN get things Done. ... and I am looking after all of the extended Families Great Grand Children now, ... AND My 17 Year old Granddaughter as well !!! ... Which Well, ... basically requires a lot of Driving !!! ... Yes, the Sports School runs, ! ... like lest say 3 a day Minimum !!! But well, ... Better than Dyeing under the Port Adelaide Railway station ? ... Or in my Car, back home in Australia Now !!! Right ?

Ps, I hope that AN's software, deletes all of the Re Posted Photos above here !!! ??? And if not ..Thanks Moderators, I do not know how to do it ? ... but do NOT, want to clog up your system either.

Edited by Mark mark
It could have been Near BH's Nurses Quarters actually