British personal trainer needs £250,000 to get home from Thailand after falling from third-storey balcony and suffering horrific injuries while on holiday

webfact

image.jpeg
Kieran, reported to be of Castleford, West Yorkshire, fell three storeys from a hotel balcony

◼︎Kieran, of Castleford, West Yorkshire, fell three storeys from a hotel balcony 
◼︎His return to the UK could cost £170,000-£250,000 without insurance help

By LAUREN HAUGHEY

A Brit holidaying in Thailand fell three storeys from a hotel balcony and now desperately needs £250,000 to get home for urgent surgery.

A couple's 'dream holiday' has now 'turned into a nightmare' after Kieran suffered internal bleeding and fractured his pelvis.

Since a speed boat rushed the 23-year-old to Bangkok Phuket Hospital for life-saving surgery, the couple's medical bills have piled up. 

Kieran, reported to be from Yorkshire by The Mirror, 'cannot move from a laying down position' and urgently needs another surgery as part of his recovery in learning how to walk again. 

Doctors advised that Kieran is flown back to the UK for the procedure, but this could cost between £170,000-£250,000 'without any help from the insurance'.

His heartbroken girlfriend - also on the trip - said she 'wouldn’t wish this on [her] worst enemy', adding that their best efforts are 'falling short'. 

Full story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11797483/Brit-needs-250-000-home-Thailand-falling-storey-balcony-holiday.html

image.jpeg

-- © Copyright Daily Mail 2023-02-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why would they mean 420 ?

No proof of any real expenditure - no invoices/receipts from the care, nothing to substantiate any urgent need for re-patriation - seems the couple are fighting over the maximums written in the policies - so :stoner:    

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you read the linked article, it seems they have Travel Insurance  "Eleven days after the incident, Shauna said they were still in an 'exhaustive and tiring fight' with the insurance company."

Was alcohol involved as this may have invalidated the policy 

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I'm going to guess that there's some kind of exclusion involving either an unsafe building or alcohol consumption.

I'm hoping it's due to the balcony not being high enough, at least there might be someone to sue.

I've heard that some insurance policies will deny any claim if you've got any detectable alcohol in your blood.

Considering a lot of people like a drink or two when on holiday that kind of negates the usefulness of the policy for what might be a large percentage of the persons stay. One glass of wine might be enough to negate your insurance. Buyer beware.

Time will tell I guess.

Exactly what i was thinking . In fact all insurance companies i know off have this in their statements. Drugs and alcohol are always a red line.

• Like 2