Anyone with 3BB can they open POFerries.com

MJCM

This is only for members who have 3BB

When I open with my 3BB connection

https://www.poferries.com/en

I get this

po.JPG.a628e8a615c017851df51e80ac7835af.JPG

I have tried it with Firefox and Microsoft Edge and I did a tracert and it started timing after hop 19 (which is  ae106-0.icr04.lon22.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.32.19])

I connected my phone to my PC and using that Internet connection it works (Phone use AIS).

Thx

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

same with a bunch of photos as you scroll down:

using chrome

its the site design

yes.

seems poferries has a technical problem in the part of their front end.

maybe they wanted to block foreign traffic (evil) but implemented the block in their frontend instead of properly doing it on script level, so part of the content generated by the backend still displays but no template is loaded.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

yes.

seems poferries has a technical problem in the part of their front end.

maybe they wanted to block foreign traffic (evil) but implemented the block in their frontend instead of properly doing it on script level, so part of the content generated by the backend still displays but no template is loaded.

Not sure about the tech jargon but my eBay frequently launches similarly unformatted and unworkable. So it's either a cookie purge or VPN job to get it usable again: neither method guarantees success. A few times though, it launches OK without the faffing about.

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

3BB using Brave browser.

Image1.jpg

I find it very strange that Brave can show the whole site.

This is a  tracert to the site and you can see it starts timing out after Hop 19 and (IMHO) it should do the same with Brave Browser. Unless Brave has some VPN on board that bypasses it.  Can anyone explain this?

d:\>tracert www.poferries.com

Tracing route to poecomprodwaf.uksouth.cloudapp.azure.com [51.104.223.220]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  <removed>
  2     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  <removed>
  3     7 ms     5 ms     5 ms  <removed>
  4     6 ms     5 ms     5 ms  <removed>
  5     9 ms     9 ms     9 ms  10.33.44.23
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     9 ms     9 ms     8 ms  10.33.45.25
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10    17 ms    18 ms     9 ms  mx-ll-110.164.0-6.static.3bb.co.th [110.164.0.6]
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12    34 ms    34 ms    34 ms  jastel.ier03.sin30.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.44.99]
 13    36 ms    36 ms    35 ms  ae26-0.ear01.sin30.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.239.145]
 14     *      184 ms   184 ms  be-20-0.ibr01.sin30.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.33.123]
 15   185 ms   185 ms   185 ms  be-19-0.ibr01.mrs20.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.28.185]
 16   186 ms   191 ms   185 ms  be-26-0.ibr01.par21.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.29.50]
 17   185 ms   185 ms   185 ms  be-11-0.ibr01.lon24.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.29.15]
 18   185 ms   185 ms   185 ms  be-1-0.ibr01.lon22.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.16.55]
 19   186 ms   186 ms   184 ms  ae106-0.icr04.lon22.ntwk.msn.net [104.44.32.19]
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Edit: With VPN on it times out at the same HOP ???? but the page loads

Edited by MJCM

@Mutt Daeng

What kind of add-ons did you load in Brave Browser? For example any that mask your location?

Edit: I guess one of the members who posted above is correct in suggesting that it is "country blockade" but they are doing it wrong, instead of giving a "not allowed" or something they are given you a Botched Site.

Edit 2:

They should have done it like this

denied.JPG.a06a57cbd5afb86caf50e10e0c8b6a4e.JPG

Edited by MJCM

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

I find it very strange that Brave can show the whole site.

This is a  tracert to the site and you can see it starts timing out after Hop 19 and (IMHO) it should do the same with Brave Browser. Unless Brave has some VPN on board that bypasses it.  Can anyone explain this?

Edit: With VPN on it times out at the same HOP ???? but the page loads

I can explain it. The tracert is not a tool to be used here. If site loads, it loads, nothing wrong here and nothing tracert can find. The problem is that some external resources like css or js files is being loaded from other 3rd party site https://poprodcdn93.azureedge.net/styles/bootstrap.min.css?v=84

which is blocking access for 3bb network for some reason likely not intentional, probably badly setup firewall.

Write them an email with explanation, they might fix it.

Edited by ArturGorbachev
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ArturGorbachev said:

I can explain it. The tracert is not a tool to be used here. If site loads, it loads, nothing wrong here and nothing tracert can find. The problem is that some external resources like css or js files is being loaded from other 3rd party site https://poprodcdn93.azureedge.net/styles/bootstrap.min.css?v=84

which is blocking access for 3bb network for some reason likely not intentional, probably badly setup firewall.

Write them an email with explanation, they might fix it.

Thx Komrad :thumbsup:

Makes perfect sense, but can you then explain why Brave (on 3BB) loads it and for example Firefox (on 3BB) doesn't.

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thx Komrad :thumbsup:

Makes perfect sense, but can you then explain why Brave (on 3BB) loads it and for example Firefox (on 3BB) doesn't.

Probably because it loads these files not directly using 3bb network but through its own resources, like some kind of gateway,

see "Anonymized network routing (Tor mode)" option

brave.png

Edited by ArturGorbachev
  • Thumbs Up 1

The problem here is that a lot of the page resource requests are returning HTTP/403 - Forbidden.  This is almost certainly a result of geoblocking - they've decided that because you're in Thailand they won't load for you.  The only way I know of getting around this is to use a proxy that will make you appear to be in the UK.

@Foxx

But then why does it work via my Mobile AIS connection?

See Post #1 (and that was not through a VPN) this seems to be a problem with 3BB and IMHO not geoblocking

Edited by MJCM
added: seems to be

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

@Foxx

But then why does it work via my Mobile AIS connection?

See Post #1 (and that was not through a VPN) this a problem with 3BB and IMHO not geoblocking

I don't know why mobile AIS works.

It's not just a 3BB problem.  I get the same issues using AIS, both with Chrome and with Brave, and the console log clearly shows 403s which mean "Forbidden".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I don't know why mobile AIS works.

It's not just a 3BB problem.  I get the same issues using AIS, both with Chrome and with Brave, and the console log clearly shows 403s which mean "Forbidden".

Then strange, I used the Internet connection of my Phone and connected to the PC, disable the LAN card on the PC and used then Internet via the Phone and it connects fine.

And more strange then why in your Case BRAVE doesn't work.

Instead of TiT we have a case of TiC (this is computers 55555555555)

10 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Then strange, I used the Internet connection of my Phone and connected to the PC, disable the LAN card on the PC and used then Internet via the Phone and it connects fine.

And more strange then why in your Case BRAVE doesn't work.

Instead of TiT we have a case of TiC (this is computers 55555555555)

I am pretty sure the site that contains css style files https://poprodcdn93.azureedge.net/ has a firewall text template rule (used for ddos protection or bot protection) that reacts to 3bb ISP description "Triple T Broadband Public Company Limited dynamic.3bb.in.th" (the server can see what isp people use to access) and this explains why other providers work. Maybe there was a case they were attacked from some ip address "3bb.in.th" or similar looking one so they decided to block it as a whole, without thinking too much and by coincidence block whole 3bb network

Edited by ArturGorbachev
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ArturGorbachev said:

I am pretty sure the site that contains css style files https://poprodcdn93.azureedge.net/ has a firewall text template rule (used for ddos protection or bot protection) that reacts to 3bb ISP description "Triple T Broadband Public Company Limited dynamic.3bb.in.th" (the server can see what isp people use to access) and this explains why other providers work. Maybe there was a case they were attacked from some ip address "3bb.in.th"  from this network so they decided to block it as a whole, without thinking too much.

A lot of the IP addresses I get with 3BB I have to do the captcha verification. (on google for example)

I haven't asked for a dedicated IP address yet, but doubt I can get it as I am behind CGNAT so they must be really running out of ip addresses.

Edited by MJCM
Added: some words

20 hours ago, MJCM said:

@Mutt Daeng

What kind of add-ons did you load in Brave Browser? For example any that mask your location?

Edit: I guess one of the members who posted above is correct in suggesting that it is "country blockade" but they are doing it wrong, instead of giving a "not allowed" or something they are given you a Botched Site.

Edit 2:

They should have done it like this

denied.JPG.a06a57cbd5afb86caf50e10e0c8b6a4e.JPG

Sorry @MJCM, I should have indicated that I was using a VPN. (Connected to Singapore) With the VPN off, I get the same result as you. My bad.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1