Finnish Ex-pat Found Dead in Sattahip With Slit Throat, Wife Says He Died By Suicide

snoop1130

If there was no note left, and the girlfriend stood to benefit from his passing I would be very suspicious. But just because a suicide seems odd does not automatically mean foul play. I remember a depressed guy living near me hung himself with his hands tied behind his back(presumably to stop him changing his mind) which caused outrage online but it was just suicide.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Iron Tongue said:

If you think hanging is any better, it isn't.

But since we are here to discuss it, none of us have that level of depression/mental illness to understand what would motivate someone to do that.

You still thrash about no matter how it's done. I don't have that level of mental illness or depression as you say  but as a mental health professional and former LEO I have dealt with the final chapter like this. May his soul RIP now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SenorTashi said:

It's hilarious that some people are actually debating this.

Having just left my wife, I can confirm that Thai women are indeed very difficult to live with

and it wouldn't have surprised me much if her family had turned up to kill me.

Yep, 'The Taming of the Shrew' got nothing on this lot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You still thrash about no matter how it's done. 

I believe the goal with hanging is to fall far enough that your body weight snaps your neck, making it a quick death but if you're trying to hang yourself off a doorknob or some other short drop, it will be more of a strangulation type thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

suicide!! no way! even a magician would not succeed in such a suicide

Someone determined to die could do it. Years ago, while taking a medical course, the class was taken to a room where a mad (I meant man not mad, but you could say he was a mad man i.e. crazy) lie dead of self inflicted knife wounds to his chest.   He stabbed himself several time until he was able to stab himself in the heart!    If a person could stab themselves in the chest multiple times, then someone could cut their own throat. 

Before you believe the guy did not stab himself ... he did it in a bus station in front of more than 50 people waiting for their bus and several police.  It happened very quickly, before the police could stop him.  

Edited by radiochaser

1 hour ago, SenorTashi said:

I believe the goal with hanging is to fall far enough that your body weight snaps your neck, making it a quick death but if you're trying to hang yourself off a doorknob or some other short drop, it will be more of a strangulation type thing.

There is a science to hanging to assure that the neck breaks correctly.  Years ago I read about it.   

You need at least a 12 foot drop before the rope stops the person from falling and the person must weigh over 150 pounds.   If the person weighs less than 150 pounds or you cannot facilitate a 12 foot drop, then add weight to bags tied to the feet of the hangee!  I think there is a formula to determine how much weight to add. 

1 minute ago, radiochaser said:

There is a science to hanging to assure that the neck breaks correctly.  Years ago I read about it.   

You need at least a 12 foot drop before the rope stops the person from falling and the person must weigh over 150 pounds.   If the person weighs less than 150 pounds or you cannot facilitate a 12 foot drop, then add weight to bags tied to the feet of the hangee!  I think there is a formula to determine how much weight to add. 

Yeah I read or watched something about it years ago too. Couldn't remember the details but i think if you get it wrong the head comes right off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Forget about him slitting his own throat. Of course that is possible, but how could he do that AND  then somehow stabbed or cleaved himself in the chest with the chopping knife.

naa bud the knife was found ON his chest NOT in his chest