Wrong year on TM6 and passport

1 hour ago, daejung said:

It cannot be done in Chaengwattana?

That friend asked me to go to immigration with him lol

He entered on  visa exempt and Laski does do extensions etc for those entries.

The good news is that Laksi IT Mall is quite close to CW so if sent to the other it's not huge deal. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

All he has to do is plead that he didn't notice the error. If he leaves on time according to his original application then he hasn't committed an offence. Not his fault someone cocked up. He certainly didn't.

Actually, it is our own responsibility to check our stamps upon arrival. 

That said: If the Ops Laoation friend is planning on leaving within his legal entitled period of stay (i.e. on or before 6th April 23) then I see no issue, he’s not over staying any permission of stay, mistake or otherwise.

His passport will have his arrival stamp - so IMO this is somewhat of a non-issue. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Actually, it is our own responsibility to check our stamps upon arrival. 

That said: If the Ops Laoation friend is planning on leaving within his legal entitled period of stay (i.e. on or before 6th April 23) then I see no issue, he’s not over staying any permission of stay, mistake or otherwise.

His passport will have his arrival stamp - so IMO this is somewhat of a non-issue. 

This is what I thought and told him but he worries about immigration who might ask money

1 hour ago, daejung said:

This is what I thought and told him but he worries about immigration who might ask money

How much does he figure they'd ask him for? I think this is most likely a misunderstanding. If an immigration officer stamps you in for longer than you are actually allowed, having that erroneous stamp in your passport doesn't protect you from overstay penalties if you stay longer than you should. If your friend leaves within the time frame he's actually entitled to, on the other hand, chances are he'll get stamped out without a word being said. 

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

How much does he figure they'd ask him for? I think this is most likely a misunderstanding. If an immigration officer stamps you in for longer than you are actually allowed, having that erroneous stamp in your passport doesn't protect you from overstay penalties if you stay longer than you should. If your friend leaves within the time frame he's actually entitled to, on the other hand, chances are he'll get stamped out without a word being said. 

That's  what I told him but I cannot change the way he thinks

Edited by daejung

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

He entered on  visa exempt and Laski does do extensions etc for those entries.

The good news is that Laksi IT Mall is quite close to CW so if sent to the other it's not huge deal. 

Yes very close. When I search on Google Maps, the itinerary is MRT Blue LINE then SRT Red Line but it seems easier to go there with BTS Green line then get off at Wat Phra Sri Mahathat like when I go to Chaengwattana ????

6 minutes ago, daejung said:

Yes very close. When I search on Google Maps, the itinerary is MRT Blue LINE then SRT Red Line but it seems easier to go there with BTS Green line then get off at Wat Phra Sri Mahathat like when I go to Chaengwattana ????

Whatever.

Recent report of Laksi immigration very easy walk from Red line that runs from Bang Sue.

Work out what suits you.