Chang Wattana Annual Extension - heads up guys. Important!

Well said Tubby Johnson. Loads of us turned up with a folder all prepared as for last year only to get caught out and send "er indoors" (who is far younger with very shapely and beautiful working legs) down for more copies. 

Yes - not millions, just a slight exageration but it is a serious amount of paper mostly repeated every year, and in the case of passport pages every 3 months with the posted 90-day report. Incidentally signed up for internet reporting in spite of the Royal Thai Embassy warning foreigners not to trust their internet  - sites nor software. I kid you not, they actually say that.

Immigration assert they posted the receipt last month, still waiting! They blame the postal service but even so it took them 2 months to post a reply as it arrived at CW on 22nd December 2022 (tracked) and to date the receipt has not arrived.

Back on topic - extension based on marriage Dr Jack, but if you think it won't also apply to one based on retirement do please let us know if you go to CW with only one copy of everything and get a "flea in your ear" huh?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Unnecessarily blindsided. But I would like to know if anybody else at CW today submitting for a retirement extension also had to provide two copies of all paperwork. I usually go in with two copies anyway (including bank book) but still it seems poorly thought out doing this without prior notification. Of course, today's turmoil could be what immigration considers "notification."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TaoNow said:

If OP is referring to an extension based on retirement with money in the bank, then the only forms I prepare are the following:

1. The application form with photo

2. A map to my home in Bangkok

3. A photocopy of my last 90-day report receipt

4. A photocopy of my passport photo page, and visa/latest extension pages

5. A photocopy of my updated fixed savings account bank book (pages dating back one year)

6. A bank letter verifying the balance, and

7.  A bank statement for the previous 12 months.

Not really "millions" of photocopies.

Indeed, I keep multiple copies of these documents on hand in any case when I visit Immo.

What's the problem?

Is that all?

We also have to provide photocopies of all passport pages, a hand drawn map (it seems the Google Maps one with GPS co-ordinates isn't enough), a medical certificate, and sign another form stating that we understand all the visa rules and the consequences for breaking them.

Oh! And all must be in portrait layout.

Plus they keep slightly changing the visa application form TM.7? and will refuse to accept any older versions. Makes it almost impossible to scan and keep as a .pdf to fill in on computer.

• Like 2

Thanks to @cliveshepfor this update. I use CW and will be going at end of March for 4th retirement extension so your notice is very useful. WhyTheF they want all this extra paper now? At least I can be prepared. Only issues before was when I got barked at by female IO for printing a scan of passport rather than a photocopy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I would wait for a post regarding extension based on retirement at CW.

The OP post was regarding extension based on marriage however that was not made clear. 

@DrJack54Thanks. The few times that I have seen any grief at CW L desks has always been marriage extensions. Seems the burdens are way too onerous. I really have never had any issues with retirement extension but live in fear (and hope for the best). ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, soi3eddie said:

@DrJack54Thanks. The few times that I have seen any grief at CW L desks has always been marriage extensions. Seems the burdens are way too onerous. I really have never had any issues with retirement extension but live in fear (and hope for the best). ???? 

Slightly off topic , but my last extension retirement at CW , Nov last year I was hassled regarding only providing bank book pages photocopies.

I use dedicated bank account and there were some months with zero activity. 

Almost was refused despite that being ok for 10 years.

They are bunch of A.H.

This year I will bring along bank statements.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Slightly off topic , but my last extension retirement at CW , Nov last year I was hassled regarding only providing bank book pages photocopies.

I use dedicated bank account and there were some months with zero activity. 

Almost was refused despite that being ok for 10 years.

They are bunch of A.H.

This year I will bring along bank statements.

I always have done 12 month bank statements as well. Switched to dedicated account for the 800K two years ago but that also has frequent deposits from overseas and then outflows to my main account for monthly expenses so no issues with dormancy. One thing for sure, we never know what nasty surprises they have in store for us until we get there. Part of the excitement of wanting to be here I suppose ???? I'll be doing double copies anyway this year just in case.

• Like 2

I did my extension a couple of weeks back and the IO wanted a receipt of my last 90 day report (which I didn't have with me) before handing my passport over. 

She did eventually give me my passport but warned me to have a printout for any future extensions - so just be aware that they might try to trip you up with that requirement.

Edited by Kaptain Asia

2 minutes ago, Kaptain Asia said:

I did my extension a couple of weeks back and the IO wanted a receipt of my last 90 day report (which I didn't have with me) before handing my passport over

That is correct.

My last extension retirement was Nov 2022 and first time ever the doc check chicks wanted my 90 day report TM47 receipt.

Just making up more rubbish.

The OP is reporting about 2 copies for documents. 

Was that a requirement for your extension based on retirement.

Guessing answer : NO

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is reporting about 2 copies for documents. 

Was that a requirement for your extension based on retirement.

Guessing answer : NO

No, I wasn't asked for duplicate docs but just giving a heads up as per the thread title.