Mosquitoes in the car

superal

Every time I get in the car , at any time of the day or night , there are always a few mosquitoes flying around . My lady spends 15 minutes clapping her hands trying to kill them . Question , is there something on the market to either attract and kill them , that can be used in the car ? The car is only 4 years old and has  no obvious gaps anywhere .  

just take the roof down, let them fly out and then put it back up again....

but seriously - they shouldn't even get in to the car if the windows are closed - maybe something in your air conditioning system is awry

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

just take the roof down, let them fly out and then put it back up again....

but seriously - they shouldn't even get in to the car if the windows are closed - maybe something in your air conditioning system is awry

Nothing wrong with the cars air-con . Also a friend has the same problem and has a newish Toyota Fortuner .

28 minutes ago, superal said:

Nothing wrong with the cars air-con . Also a friend has the same problem and has a newish Toyota Fortuner .

I wasn't suggesting your air con is not working - I am suggesting this might be their entry point. They have to get in somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

You could try camphor - 100 grams for about 50 Baht at Lazada. I put it 1 hour in my bathroom where I had many ants and all were gone - not killed but disappeared and they never came back. Helps against mosquitoes too. 

But if you want to use it you have to understand some things. If you eat 4 grams it can kill you. Put it in a box with lid and close it when you use the car. Let fresh air into the car before you use it. The smell is great but avoid it for a longer time. More information below. I was very worried at this time. In the meantime I love it. But I always use gloves. Now there is not 1 ant or other insect in my condo anymore. Somehow I miss them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 7:20 AM, pedro01 said:

I wasn't suggesting your air con is not working - I am suggesting this might be their entry point. They have to get in somewhere. 

They can not get in true the aircon, that system has a filter. They get in when you open the doors, or windows.