Tourist attack: Former English teacher settles case for 50,000 baht - bouncers/manager sacked

webfact

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It has not been hushed up, following media reports it's a subject here and in other publications, for God's sake, and, if it had been hushed up, it wouldn't be in the press that the American has announced the ongoing legal action against the attacker.   How could you know that the sackings were just appeasement?

I forgot how much you like to quibble.

Do you see the name of the establishment? No. Do you see the name of the owner or manager? No. Do you see any names of those involved other than the person attacked. No. Do you see any names of the collection of other local business owners who have rallied around to close this n matter down quickly? No. 

The media got a sniff of the matter but don't have these details because they have been kept quiet. Shhh. 

So just leave it, eh? 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, markclover said:

50,000 baht is worthless.  One month's rent and some groceries.  Might as well use it for toilet paper.

So you are a TEFLer and pay 50k a month rent when you earn 40k a month? 

9 hours ago, Speedhump said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It has not been hushed up, following media reports it's a subject here and in other publications, for God's sake, and, if it had been hushed up, it wouldn't be in the press that the American has announced the ongoing legal action against the attacker.   How could you know that the sackings were just appeasement?

Expand  

I forgot how much you like to quibble.

My commenting with facts is not "quibbling".

The club was the "Club Khaosan", that was reported.

The guards involved were Thongchai Saengchan and Krissada Chotechan, that was reported also.

The name of the owner, that was not published, is irrelevant and I don't know the name of the cleaner who was on duty that day either.

There has been no hushing-up of the incident.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Club owner or owners should have been jailed or fined heavily, for the employees misconduct. Hiring young uneducated staff to police the public within their club has its issues. Hired young door thugs 90% no training,front many clubs in Thailand, so thing like this are bound to happen.