Donald Trump running for president if indicted would be absurd but legal

onthedarkside

image.png.3157af719661846f6469c876d57101c9.png

Donald Trump said over the weekend that he won’t drop out of the 2024 presidential race if he’s indicted. It's a hypothetical but likely scenario — and it's one that would be completely legal.

Indeed, there are three requirements to run for president under the Constitution, and none of them refer to criminal charges. Article II, Section 1 reads:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/deadline-legal-blog/trump-running-if-indicted-rcna73557

image.png.612b0cd7d35b7c7bb272f67cc69818cd.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Sued for what? Everyone knows that the Jan.6 committee was set up to get Mr. Trump so let's stop with the BS as MR. Trump will be the next President in 2024.

I watched that Newsmax  James Rosen interview  with 45  at Cpac,when he asked about this ! I sometimes wonder if they ( Rosen and Trump)discuss the  interview questions before they start recording! 

Im not allowed  to source the interview ( forum rules )but the interview brings up a Great question for 45 campaign donors who are concerned about the weaponization of the doj and donating to the president’s campaign ! I predict his donations after Cpac , the  Rosen interview ,his speech on his new agenda will result in a huge bump in contributions and supporters imop.
I think the Gop did a great service to America First efforts to help 45 and expose the doj/ fbi ,by forming the weaponization of government house committees 

“The subcommittee could delve into any number of legal issues swirling around Trump”.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3805643-gops-weaponization-panel-would-have-power-to-review-those-probing-trump

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, riclag said:

I watched that Newsmax  James Rosen interview  with 45  at Cpac,when he asked about this ! I sometimes wonder if they ( Rosen and Trump)discuss the  interview questions before they start recording! 

Im not allowed  to source the interview ( forum rules )but the interview brings up a Great question for 45 campaign donors who are concerned about the weaponization of the doj and donating to the president’s campaign ! I predict his donations after Cpac , the  Rosen interview ,his speech on his new agenda will result in a huge bump in contributions and supporters imop.
I think the Gop did a great service to America First efforts to help 45 and expose the doj/ fbi ,by forming the weaponization of government house committees 

“The subcommittee could delve into any number of legal issues swirling around Trump”.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3805643-gops-weaponization-panel-would-have-power-to-review-those-probing-trump

The subcommitte is not going too well so far................

https://aseannow.com/topic/1288207-judiciary-democrats-go-after-gop-‘whistleblowers’-in-fbi-probes

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Just keep giving him money, he needs it and apparently you don't.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Sued for what? Everyone knows that the Jan.6 committee was set up to get Mr. Trump so let's stop with the BS as MR. Trump will be the next President in 2024.

Ha ha!wouldent you and the government you support just love to see trump wrecking America again don’t think so personally I think we are witnessing the demise of the MAGA movement and hopefully the fake fox/news max innuendo News perhaps a new way to hold them accountable as well

• Confused 1

So long as he's running something he has something to base his donations pleas on, and the ________ will keep sending him money.

Oh wait . . .

“He doesn’t need their money,” Trump Jr. said on Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) when asked about his father’s appeal to the grassroots vs. the corporate interests.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

My bet is Liz Cheney will split the Republican vote, Trump is running on fumes. 

You really are out of touch with the what Republicans believe. About 70% believe the 2020 election was stolen. Do't think too many of those people will vote for Cheney.  So that leaves 30%, And I can't predict what percentage of that 30% would vote for Trump anyway. At any rate, I doubt Cheney is politically suicidal.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

You really are out of touch with the what Republicans believe. About 70% believe the 2020 election was stolen. Do't think too many of those people will vote for Cheney.  So that leaves 30%, And I can't predict what percentage of that 30% would vote for Trump anyway. At any rate, I doubt Cheney is politically suicidal.

Cheney ended her career in the eyes of MAGA when she joined the J6 Congressional Committee.

But don’t be so quick to write her off.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Cheney ended her career in the eyes of MAGA when she joined the J6 Congressional Committee.

But don’t be so quick to write her off.

Her voting record is extremely right wing. And she still defends the US invasion of Iraq. 

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Her voting record is extremely right wing. And she still defends the US invasion of Iraq. 

I don’t dispute that.

But she has been categorical in her statements about Trump and the White House.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

On 3/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, riclag said:

It looks like at least one weaponization committee is falling on its sword.

Jim Jordan's Credibility Questioned Over Whistleblowers' Testimony

https://www.newsweek.com/jim-jordan-fbi-whistleblowers-weaponization-committee-1785259

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But she has been categorical in her statements about Trump and the White House.

The enemy of your enemy is your friend. Until your enemy is vanquished.

Liz may not be MAGA but she is quite the stiff-necked conservative, "pioneer stock" as they say in that part of the country.  Yeah, we know who her dad is, but I've heard a few times that ma is no slouch either. 

Kinzinger may come off as an Opie, but I hope he does not get back into public office.  He's no less conservative than Liz.

Edited by bendejo