Health Insurance - Long Stay Insurance v Standard Plans

hammered

I am just coming about to purchase some health insurance that I would like to keep until my demise! I have been looking at Pacific Cross premier and LMG equivalent plans, but a broker also mentioned the fixed deductible long stay visa options by Axa and LMG. I do not need these for visa purposes. However, the total cover on these plans is significantly higher than the the similarly priced standard plans. I wondered if anyone in this community has any experience or knowledge in whether the long stay visa plans or the standard plans would be best?

I am 60 and in good health with no pre-existing conditions and really only need insurance covering Thailand.

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.

1 hour ago, proton said:

I almost took out with PC 5 years ago, to date have saved 350k baht. I will not bother now for 2 reasons, you never know if they will pay out fully, and you never know if they will go bust.

Hard pass for me too. I canceled my Thai insurance 2 months ago after they denied the claim on two different occasions.

Even if they eventually pay up after I take them to court, the stress of waiting is not worth it. I have saved more than enough for emergencies. My wife has connections with some hospitals which is better than insurance itself.

• Thanks 1

I would stay away from any Thai insurer, there is no independent adjudicator or ombudsman,  i am of similar age been with the insurer about 5 years, made a small outpatient claim about 15000 baht, at renewal it went up 82% , they tried saying this was a result of going up an age bracket, case closed to them.  this was just a back up insurance for my visa, they wanted 85 000 baht for the 40 000 outpatient cover and 400 000 in patient cover and added a load of exclusions. get a decent insurance from your home country or at least an international policy from an overseas company

• Thanks 1