Non Imm O Expiring

Hi all, new to this forum.

I arrive 17 March 2023 at Suvarnabhumi. My Non-Imm O will expire 23 April 2023.

Will they 'stamp me in' for 90 days on 17 March, or only until 23 April 2023 ?

Thanking all in advance.

I suppose your visa is not yet used and it has been issued around the 23th of January.

As far as I know the visa validity for entering the country is three months (so you need to enter in Thailand before 90 days from the visa issuing) but they will give you 90 days more from the day you enter the country.

Edited by federicoP
error

Did you get a re-entry permit for your Non-Imm O before you left Thailand ?

If so you need to re-enter on your valid visa to maintain it; and you will need to re-new it by 23rd April

If not, I believe that visa will be cancelled on arrival, and you will have to start again. There are some visa experts on here that will correct me if I am wrong

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Did you get a re-entry permit for your Non-Imm O before you left Thailand ?

If so you need to re-enter on your valid visa to maintain it; and you will need to re-new it by 23rd April

If not, I believe that visa will be cancelled on arrival, and you will have to start again. There are some visa experts on here that will correct me if I am wrong

As long as he still has a valid visa he should be getting a 90 day permission to stay on his arrival

• Like 1

To be clear:

Is this a newly issued visa, not yet used, or a multi-entry visa, with visa expiration 23 April?

or

Have you already been in Thailand on this visa, and 23 April is the  expiration of your current permission of stay/last extension of stay? (In which case - did you get a re-entry permit before you left?)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, flexomike said:

As long as he still has a valid visa he should be getting a 90 day permission to stay on his arrival

Unless by visa he actually means permission of stay. Not unusual for people to refer to extensions of stay as visas.  OP needs to clarify.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, IvySuite said:

Sorry... I have a multiple re-entry permit. Non O visa which started 22 April 2022.

I arrive 17 March 2023 and want to stay about 85 days.

You will be stamped in until 22 April. Then you would need to apply for a  new extension of stay?

16 hours ago, IvySuite said:

Sorry... I have a multiple re-entry permit. Non O visa which started 22 April 2022.

I arrive 17 March 2023 and want to stay about 85 days.

16 hours ago, IvySuite said:

Its a visa issued by the Thai Embassy in Canberra, Australia.

For future reference, you can avoid confusion by only referring to visas as "visas" (even if your immigration office refers to every stamp in your passport as a "weezah"). You have not had a valid visa for over a year at minimum. The visa was used when you entered Thailand, and you have been in Thailand on a permission to stay that was most recently extended (based on retirement or marriage to a Thai) that expires April 22, 2023

Your question can be clearly expressed as:

"I have an extended permission to stay based on [retirement | marriage to a Thai] that expires April . 22, 2023. I have a re-entry permit to protect this extended permission to stay. What will happen when I enter Thailand by air on March 17?"

to which the correct answer is that you will receive a stamp that reinstates your permission to stay expiring April 22.

EDIT: I am assuming that you have a re-entry permit and not a multiple entry Non O visa. If you instead have a multiple entry Non O visa, you will receive a 90-day permission to stay starting March 17.

Edited by BritTim

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 6:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will be stamped in until 22 April. Then you would need to apply for a  new extension of stay?

I arrived at Suvarnabhumi today and was promptly stamped in until 14 June 2023, ninety days from now. What do you think? Can I just leave on say 13 June with no problems. Or will they stop me and say I've overstayed since 23 April 2023, the day my Non-Imm O (multi-entry), issued by the Thai Embassy in Canberra, Australia, expires.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, IvySuite said:

I arrived at Suvarnabhumi today and was promptly stamped in until 14 June 2023, ninety days from now. What do you think? Can I just leave on say 13 June with no problems. Or will they stop me and say I've overstayed since 23 April 2023, the day my Non-Imm O (multi-entry), issued by the Thai Embassy in Canberra, Australia, expires.

A multiple entry non-o visa allows unlimited 90 day entries up to the day it expires.

You could enter on April 23rd and get another 90 days.

13 hours ago, IvySuite said:

The expiry date of your permission to stay is not linked in any way to the expiry date of your visa.