Landlord never registered TM30!

Hello, I really hope someone can help.

I have just found out that my rental agency never registered me at my house. I have been staying there for a few years!  When I moved in they had said they contacted the landlord and is was all organized. But now the landlord has stopped using the agency and I am in direct contact with them , they have told me the agency never contacted them and they didn’t know they had to do anything! 

My employer has always dealt with 90 day reporting etc and they have never brought up any issues. They have been using my previous address. I now want to ensure everything is correct at immigration and make sure they have my correct address but I am unsure what to do or how serious it is that I have been unregistered for so long?

Any help/ advice with this matter at all would be really appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Liz E said:

My employer has always dealt with 90 day reporting etc and they have never brought up any issues

If your employer is using your current address for your 90 day reporting then do nothing..

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Do the TM 30 now.

It will depend on the immigration officer if they want to question anything.

Here, as long as there is a TM 30, immigration do not care - you are in the system

I am planning on doing it as soon as possible. However the visa staff at my employer are questioning what date I should put. Should I put the date I go to immigration and get my landlord to do a contract to match that date, or should I put the date I actually moved in (years ago). They seem to think I should put the actual date I moved in but I feel that this just draws attention to the issue and could cause more problems. The fine is not the big issue for me.

56 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Tell HR your new address, they will take care of it. I have never done a TM30 myself and moved around quite a few times.

HR at my employer? I am not sure they exist ???????? I spoke to the Visa assistant at my employer and they aren’t sure what to. They are questioning if on the TM30 I should put the present date or the actual date I moved in (years ago like I mentioned). 

Edited by Liz E
Unfinished

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If your employer is using your current address for your 90 day reporting then do nothing..

I will be changing visa soon and have been told I need to ensure my address is correct incase immigration contact me there (the visa agent has had this happen with other clients). 

44 minutes ago, Liz E said:

I am planning on doing it as soon as possible. However the visa staff at my employer are questioning what date I should put. Should I put the date I go to immigration and get my landlord to do a contract to match that date, or should I put the date I actually moved in (years ago). They seem to think I should put the actual date I moved in but I feel that this just draws attention to the issue and could cause more problems. The fine is not the big issue for me.

HR at my employer? I am not sure they exist ???????? I spoke to the Visa assistant at my employer and they aren’t sure what to. They are questioning if on the TM30 I should put the present date or the actual date I moved in (years ago like I mentioned). 

I would use the first of this month as they had another address for your last interaction with immigration.

Edited by FritsSikkink

On 3/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, Liz E said:

Why go to Immigration at all? Your landlord can submit the TM30 online either via browser or by using the Section38 app.

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why go to Immigration at all? Your landlord can submit the TM30 online either via browser or by using the Section38 app.

Some people just like to do  it the hard way.

The OP is renting the house which in turn makes the OP the housemaster and can submit TM30 him/herself.... Online as you say, it  takes maybe 5 mins !!

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Some people just like to do  it the hard way.

The OP is renting the house which in turn makes the OP the housemaster and can submit TM30 him/herself.... Online as you say, it  takes maybe 5 mins !!

if it was me I'd try and get the landlord to do it just so that I'm getting my money's worth ????

but you're right, doing it yourself is the simplest method. i'm not 100% sir but I don't think that a human will be checking the start date of the start (current date) against the lease's start date.

probably the only drawback is that the online options don't give a receipt so you have to know to take a screenshot.

Edited by Lemsta69

50 minutes ago, bradiston said:

What's the name of the app? It doesn't appear on my Android Play Store

It's called Section38 but it doesn't readily come up via a search. I guess the numpty that left the confused emoji on your post doesn't know that but that's part for the course in here, TIAN and all that.

Here's a link to the app...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

56 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

It's called Section38 but it doesn't readily come up via a search. I guess the numpty that left the confused emoji on your post doesn't know that but that's part for the course in here, TIAN and all that.

Here's a link to the app...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

Link doesn't work on my phone. I think maybe I'm set up in the wrong geographical zone, or whatever. Had this problem before with Mor Chana.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Link doesn't work on my phone. I think maybe I'm set up in the wrong geographical zone, or whatever. Had this problem before with Mor Chana.

good old geo-blocking. you'll probably have to add another account in the Play Store as described in the image below that I found from a random search (I'm no expert). Set the location to Thailand of course.

https://cybernews.com/how-to-use-vpn/change-google-play-country/#:~:text=Is Google Play Store locked,easily change the Store region.

Screenshot_20230313_182657_Brave.jpg

Edited by Lemsta69

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

good old geo-blocking. you'll probably have to add another account in the Play Store as described in the image below that I found from a random search (I'm no expert). Set the location to Thailand of course.

https://cybernews.com/how-to-use-vpn/change-google-play-country/#:~:text=Is Google Play Store locked,easily change the Store region.

Screenshot_20230313_182657_Brave.jpg

I checked my Google account. It's set up in Thailand so I don't know what the problem is. Feel a trip to Jomtien is in the offing.

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I checked my Google account. It's set up in Thailand so I don't know what the problem is. Feel a trip to Jomtien is in the offing.

if you're feeling adventurous you could download the APK file from apkpure(.)com and sideload the app.

Or use that godawful browser-based portal, "tm30 online". I've never used it myself but apparently it's a bit tricky and there are whole threads dedicated to it.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Edited by Lemsta69

8 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

if you're feeling adventurous you could download the APK file from apkpure(.)com and sideload the app.

Or use that godawful browser-based portal, "tm30 online". I've never used it myself but apparently it's a bit tricky and there are whole threads dedicated to it.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Yes, I took a shot at it and don't seem to have got anywhere. I'll try again though. Yes, it's not easy. It's such a long time since I used it, can't remember all the little gotchas and howtos.

59 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes, I took a shot at it and don't seem to have got anywhere. I'll try again though. Yes, it's not easy. It's such a long time since I used it, can't remember all the little gotchas and howtos.

Are you running an older version of Android? apkpure says it requires 6.0 and up. Anyway that's all the help I can give as I'm not a techie.

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Are you running an older version of Android? apkpure says it requires 6.0 and up. Anyway that's all the help I can give as I'm not a techie.

I'm running 12. The web site version is a complete joke and I can't get the app. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Many thanks for all your help. I finally cracked it. Googled the section 38 APK and downloaded it. Agreed to all the risk warnings about unknown sources, got it installed, and have completed the registration of my guest. Now just wait for approval. Thanks again!

15 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Many thanks for all your help. I finally cracked it. Googled the section 38 APK and downloaded it. Agreed to all the risk warnings about unknown sources, got it installed, and have completed the registration of my guest. Now just wait for approval. Thanks again!

No worries, glad you got it sorted.