Gary Lineker told to step back from presenting Match of the Day

Scott

3 minutes ago, transam said:

No.............:ermm:

Most are spongers anyhooo...:1zgarz5:

LOL Transam I see you are in full on troll mode tonight.  I've come to appreciate your comments once more.  I will leave you and your fellow traveller to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Slip said:

LOL Transam I see you are in full on troll mode tonight.  I've come to appreciate your comments once more.  I will leave you and your fellow traveller to it.

Not in a rubber dinghy, I hope.....????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You know what I meant... Nobody got in a boat in Tartus & sailed to the UK...

You posted that Syria was land-locked, which is not correct. If you meant something else, please explain what you meant because I cannot read your mind. If you made a mistake, it is no big deal to admit it.  

I did not respond to the part of your post about getting into boats in Syria. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asf6 said:

You posted that Syria was land-locked, which is not correct. If you meant something else, please explain what you meant because I cannot read your mind. If you made a mistake, it is no big deal to admit it.  

I did not respond to the part of your post about getting into boats in Syria. 

You are correct... Instead of saying "Syria is a Land Locked country" (Which I said for effect), I should have said that nobody is getting boats to the UK from there (Which I should have said for fact).  

Apologies. 

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

So people in war torn countries can just pop into their local British Embassy, pay the fee, apply for the visa and Bob's your Uncle? You really think it works like that? You are deluded.

How many war torn countries folk are in the rubber boats. I read that the UK are taking folk from Ukraine, but they will want to go back home...?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That wouldn't stop people from sailing across, now would it .

If they got refused a UK visa  in Calais , they would still sail across

It would also encourage people to head for Calais to get processed or to apply .

But it would provide a verifiable legal basis for return.

Rather than the proposed (illegal) blanket refusal to consider asylum applications on a case by case basis.

• Like 1

Is France at war ?

Is Albania at war ?

Yawn, you keep banging on about Albania, have you not got another record you can play?

So all the asylum seekers are Albanian and French then? Can we just please discuss asylum policy as that is a blanket policy - it is only you who keeps bringing Albanians into it.

Is our asylum policy compassionate, just and fair? Have the Tories done a good job of managing it? Has Brexit had an impact? Have the boat crossings increased massively post Brexit and have they increased massively under the Tory government? Leave your pet Albanians out of it an answer those questions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I have no idea who is in the boats, do you? (Not Daily Mail or Farage evidence, actual evidence). 

Dont you read the news ?

Its been widely publicised in numerous news sources .

Last year there were 13 000 boat people from Albania , which is 1/3 rd of the 46 000 boat people in total 

Is France at war ?

Is Albania at war ?

The usual criteria to be a refugee is that you face persecution.  The country does not have to be at war.  If you recall, according to Putin, he is not at war, he is involved in a special military operation.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Dont you read the news ?

Its been widely publicised in numerous news sources .

Last year there were 13 000 boat people from Albania , which is 1/3 rd of the 46 000 boat people in total 

"Boat people", nice to see you sucking up the dehumanising language of the government and Farage - they are not asylum seekers, refugees, just "boat people".

Did you miss my other questions?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yawn, you keep banging on about Albania, have you not got another record you can play?

So all the asylum seekers are Albanian and French then? Can we just please discuss asylum policy as that is a blanket policy - it is only you who keeps bringing Albanians into it.

Is our asylum policy compassionate, just and fair? Have the Tories done a good job of managing it? Has Brexit had an impact? Have the boat crossings increased massively post Brexit and have they increased massively under the Tory government? Leave your pet Albanians out of it an answer those questions.

Its the recent huge surge in Albanians coming across by boat which has forced the Government to take action , Albanians are not fleeing persecution or war or anything, they are economic migrants who cannot get a work visa .

They are coming from France and France is a safe Country .

The U.K should help genuine refugees from places like Ukraine and Hong Kong , people fleeing persecution , rather the economic migrants staying in hotels at a cost of 5 Million quid a day .

Our asylum policy is a farce , we are housing and helping bogus asylum seekers and we should be helping Ukrainians fleeing war

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

"Boat people", nice to see you sucking up the dehumanising language of the government and Farage - they are not asylum seekers, refugees, just "boat people".

Did you miss my other questions?

Every time I think of a word to describe them, someone gets upset and tells me to stop using that word .

What is the accepted descriptive  term ?

13 hours ago, James105 said:

https://www.dw.com/en/new-german-migration-official-aims-to-send-refugees-to-africa/a-64667296

I wonder if our Gary would be brave enough to compare 2020s Germany to 1930s Germany with this kind of thinking.  Looking forward to him tweeting about it now that he has got his freedom of speech back.   

I guess it would depend on whether the language being used in 2020s Germany was not dissimilar to the language used in 1930s Germany.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I have no idea who is in the boats, do you? (Not Daily Mail or Farage evidence, actual evidence). 

I posted this link a few pages back. You must have conveniently missed it. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/factsheet-small-boat-crossings-since-july-2022/factsheet-small-boat-crossings-since-july-2022

42% from Albania. Who are they at war with?

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I posted this link a few pages back. You must have conveniently missed it. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/factsheet-small-boat-crossings-since-july-2022/factsheet-small-boat-crossings-since-july-2022

42% from Albania. Who are they at war with?

Albanians are returned to Albania.

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-63473022

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes it is true, transam, when did I ever claim otherwise?

Thank you, so these people are costing you and UK folk money for dealing with the spongers...

Enoch was right...

Plus, have a listen to what the sports guru Barry Hearn has to say about your Gary....

Oooh, I forgot, you don't watch videos, never mind the others can listen....

16 hours ago, Scott said:

The usual criteria to be a refugee is that you face persecution.  The country does not have to be at war.  

That's correct. 

This is the the UK's position on eligibility. 

https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum/eligibility

To stay in the UK as a refugee you must be unable to live safely in any part of your own country because you fear persecution there.

This persecution must be because of:

• your race
  • your religion
  • your nationality
  • your political opinion
  • anything else that puts you at risk because of the social, cultural, religious or political situation in your country, for example, your gender, gender identity or sexual orientation

You must have failed to get protection from authorities in your own country.