Gary Lineker told to step back from presenting Match of the Day

Scott

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That's what happens when a corrupt government is allowed to appoint a right wing Tory stooge to run public broadcasting. But there you have it - siding with the UN refugee agency is no longer allowed if you want to keep your job.

When Andrew Neil was a senior political journalist at the BBC he regularly opined on Twitter without consequence. That he tended to side with the Nasty party was entirety coincidental of course...

Do you have any evidence that Andrew Neil made politically biased tweets or is this just something you have heard and presumed to be true due to your own biases?  

• Like 2

I don't know Lineker from a bar of soap but I think it is not totally unreasonable for high profile media personalities to be asked to limit expressing their private opinions on highly contentious issues. If I was boss I would limit it to those in the newsroom though, and not limit the ability of other hosts or entertainers such as those relating to soccer shows, to have their say. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Lineker’s remarks were made on his own personal social media account.

Nothing to do with anybody’s taxes.

Doesn't matter. Read the rules. I posted them already. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, James105 said:

Do you have any evidence that Andrew Neil made politically biased tweets or is this just something you have heard and presumed to be true due to your own biases?  

His tweets are there for all to see. Go look them up if you like. 

• Like 1