Gary Lineker told to step back from presenting Match of the Day

Scott

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Let me see "All Jews must be exterminated and wiped off the face of the Earth" and "We must stop people risking their lifes by sailing across the sea in small boats "

Not similar at all 

I suggest you do some research.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This is a thread about Gary Lineker and illegal immigrants , its not a thread about Conservatives and Labour and which one is the best 

You should direct that comment to the person to whom I was replying.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't need to do any research .

I am correct about the Nazis policies towards Jews and I am aware of the UK Govs policies towards immigrants and thus no need for me to research anything 

I meant research about what Lineker tweeted.  He referred to the language used in Germany in the 30s - not specifically any government. 

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I meant research about what Lineker tweeted.  He referred to the language used in Germany in the 30s - not specifically any government. 

Lineker's tweet was a clear reference to Nazi Germany , comparing the language the Nazis used towards the Jews and others and the UK Govs language about illegal immigrants 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Lineker's tweet was a clear reference to Nazi Germany , comparing the language the Nazis used towards the Jews and others and the UK Govs language about illegal immigrants 

Well, that's your interpretation.  I think he made a very apt point about the language of intolerance and scapegoating minorities. Are you saying there are no similarities?

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't need to do any research .

I am correct about the Nazis policies towards Jews and I am aware of the UK Govs policies towards immigrants and thus no need for me to research anything 

You might want to research how it was that singling out a minority group escalated into crimes against humanity and how the question came to be asked ‘Why didn’t anyone speak up against this before it was too late?’. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kwilco said:

The BBC has been under the government's thumb since 2015. It is no longar an independent organisation but now little more than a government mouth piece.

Just look at the scandal of the loan to Boris Johnson

That loan is also making big news the guy, Richard Sharp is only Chairman of the BBC, and he did declare that he facilitated the loan during the appointment prosses, and he has given money to the Tory party in the past, that is being looked in to, but do not hold your breath on any outcome.

Note. A lot of BBC Radio 5 programs are off the air this afternoon, presenters coming out in sympathy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Well, that's your interpretation.  I think he made a very apt point about the language of intolerance and scapegoating minorities. Are you saying there are no similarities?

Keep it in perspective  , the U.K are talking measures to stop illegal immigration and I don't recall Hitler ever making a speech about stopping illegal immigration , his speeches were more about wiping out certain German citizens and Germany taking over the World etc.

I cannot see any similarities between Rishi Sunak speeches  and Adolf Hitlers speeches   myself

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, James105 said:

In all fairness this would be an ideal opportunity for the BBC to pluck some fresh talent from YouTube.   There are some excellent football channels out there that create better content than what is served by MOTD.  

It's about time the BBC realised that presenting highlights of football matches does not require the services of someone on £1.5 million per year and can be presented by fresher, better talent for a tenth of that cost.    A win for the BBC who save a bit of cash, a win for the MOTD audience who get better presenters, and a win for Lineker who can use his free time to enter politics and/or do his ranting on Twitter without consequence.   This would be a Win/Win/Win situation.   

Talk on the radio today, with no presenters and pundits on MOTD ,what happens if audience figures go up, this might happen as a one off, what happens if it continues.

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Keep it in perspective  , the U.K are talking measures to stop illegal immigration and I don't recall Hitler ever making a speech about stopping illegal immigration , his speeches were more about wiping out certain German citizens and Germany taking over the World etc.

I cannot see any similarities between Rishi Sunak speeches  and Adolf Hitlers speeches   myself

We know you can’t see the similarities, we got that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kickstart said:

That loan is also making big news the guy, Richard Sharp is only Chairman of the BBC, and he did declare that he facilitated the loan during the appointment prosses, and he has given money to the Tory party in the past, that is being looked in to, but do not hold your breath on any outcome.

Note. A lot of BBC Radio 5 programs are off the air this afternoon, presenters coming out in sympathy. 

Yes I know

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That's what they are relying on.....

BtW were you alive in the 1930s?

• Like 1

You realise that they arent "illegal immigrants"?

However the UK government is trying to legislate they are.

Just as Hilter legislated against the Jews and others.

Concentration camps were LEGAL, it's governments that makes laws

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Ture, but the football related programs and a boxing program are off the air. 

Live Football is on Sky TV these days ., the BBC just have the highlights later in the evening and which boxing program are off air, because nothing comes up with a websearch

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Its the "illegal immigrants" from Albania who are the reason why the U.K has clamped down on asylum seekers .

Tens of thousands of illegal  Albanian immigrants were posing as asylum seekers .

Dont worry, the U.K will not be putting the people into concertation camps and killing them and I wasn't born in 1930

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

Tony Blair stated in 2005 So we've legislated to make it an offence to enter the UK without a valid passport

So if you attempt to enter the UK without any paperwork you are illegal 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/risks-of-illegal-migration-to-the-uk#:~:text=Penalties and jail sentences&text=It will be a criminal,country if you arrive illegally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

what are Albanians coming over in boats and claiming asylum when they are not even entitled to, if not illegal immigrant's? Never mind others pretending to be from countries they cannot even spell and lying about their ages. People left Germany to get away from the Nazi's, they were not putting Jews up in 5 star hotels were they. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kwilco said:

They aren't illegal though..You are rolling out the same demonising cliches that authoritarian governments love... you are expressing views exactly the same as those encouraged by the Nazis. The sad thing is that neither they then nor yourself now seem to understand this. Perfect for dictatorial governments...you are the fodder on which they exist.

Do stop all this deflective Nazi comparisons .

You are just avoiding the subject .

Many of the people coming across in boats are attempting to enter the UK illegally without a visa or permission , these are typically Albanian people who want a better life in the U.K

They are attempting to avoid UK immigration  and sneak into to the UK through the back door 

• Like 2