Poll shows most oppose liberalisation of alcohol, e-cigarettes, cannabis and gambling

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Not that it matters but in my opinion results of polls like this are worthless without publishing the questions which were used.

And these sorts of stories should not be published without some link to those questions.

You can make a poll lean any way you want......Walk into a bar and poll everyone if they think not being able to buy  beer  at  7-11 in the afternoon is a good idea....lol.......100% no...Then ask the same in a church...

Edited by redwood1

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

You can make a poll lean any way you want......Walk into a bar and poll everyone if they think not being able to buy  beer  at  7-11 in the afternoon is a good idea....lol.......100% no...Then ask the same in a church...

Thank you for sharing your valuable insight. lol.

One needs to see the exact wording of the questions, and of course the sample characteristics, before you can judge the relevance and accuracy.

Otherwise the poll is about as useful as your comment.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Depends on the church, but yeah. 

23 hours ago, robblok said:

I wonder where you go and so on because i never see them. I do see a lot of drunks and car crashes involving alcohol. If they want to ban something alcohol would be better to ban.

You can sometimes recognize if someone is stoned by their eyes. Its much harder to see then a drunk person as it impairs movement. Do you look up close in their eyes or ?

I don't believe you see "a lot " of car crashes with your own eyes that involve alcohol. How many have you seen?  How would you know if a crash you " saw" involved alcohol? I don't see stoned people as you mentioned but the " car crashes" you see I think are a bit exaggerated. I drive all over Thailand and the few fender benders I've seen could easily NOT involve alcohol. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being right-wing , and anybody supporting the "woke agenda" Is by definition a wrong person,   That is exactly what has happened here.

Where did I say there was anything wrong with being right-wing?....to be fair there's lots, you have to be one of two Ms, but I never said there was in my comment.

32 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I don't believe you see "a lot " of car crashes with your own eyes that involve alcohol. How many have you seen?  How would you know if a crash you " saw" involved alcohol? I don't see stoned people as you mentioned but the " car crashes" you see I think are a bit exaggerated. I drive all over Thailand and the few fender benders I've seen could easily NOT involve alcohol. 

Even complete tea totallers are amongst the horrendous road toll in Thailand. The common cause reckless driving at high speed.

21 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Lets put it differently i dont see many car crashed but i read about them and many involve alcohol. I do see a lot drunks and they are easily recognizable unlike people who are stoned. Stoned is in general harder to recognize especially from cannabis. Yabaa has more tells. Canabis i could be stoned and walking around you would never know as it does not impair movement. Also no slurring of speech ect. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lets put it differently i dont see many car crashed but i read about them and many involve alcohol. I do see a lot drunks and they are easily recognizable unlike people who are stoned. Stoned is in general harder to recognize especially from cannabis. Yabaa has more tells. Canabis i could be stoned and walking around you would never know as it does not impair movement. Also no slurring of speech ect. 

What percentage of accidents do you think you read about? It would guess it would probably take all day to keep up with reading 1% reading full time. Drunk drivers killing people make much better news than drivers that are not drunk killing people. 

I think it's easier to spot someone that's burned one than to spot someone that's had a few drinks, and I see people I think are buzzing pretty regularly lately. 

Yes, hammered-down drunks are very easy to spot, but I almost never see them except the occasional bum outside of seven or whatnot. That said, I don't doubt if I went to bar area at night I would see plenty. 

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What percentage of accidents do you think you read about? It would guess it would probably take all day to keep up with reading 1% reading full time. Drunk drivers killing people make much better news than drivers that are not drunk killing people. 

I think it's easier to spot someone that's burned one than to spot someone that's had a few drinks, and I see people I think are buzzing pretty regularly lately. 

Yes, hammered-down drunks are very easy to spot, but I almost never see them except the occasional bum outside of seven or whatnot. That said, I don't doubt if I went to bar area at night I would see plenty. 

Lets agree to disagree (not about the accident part as its clear that a drunk driver makes a better story. However most deadly accidents are reported)

How do you spot someone that is burned ? I think it really depends like how burned someone is. But most people who are burned are not walking around. They are relaxing somewhere. (we are taking cannabis here not other drugs).

Canabis users in general and I know many do it in a relaxed surrounding. Usually ones own home. Because unlike people drinking in most places your not allowed to smoke.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lets agree to disagree (not about the accident part as its clear that a drunk driver makes a better story. However most deadly accidents are reported)

Okay, how many road deaths and how many articles do you read? 

How do you spot someone that is burned ?

They look stoned. Eyes, facial expression and whatnot. Can't spot them all, and some you think are blazingbe  might not be, but it's not that tough. 

I think it really depends like how burned someone is. But most people who are burned are not walking around.

No, but they are often sitting around looking high. 

They are relaxing somewhere. (we are taking cannabis here not other drugs).

Canabis users in general and I know many do it in a relaxed surrounding. Usually ones own home. Because unlike people drinking in most places your not allowed to smoke.

Yeah, but they do have to brave the outdoors to re-up on snacks and whatnot. 

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Okay, how many road deaths and how many articles do you read? 

They look stoned. Eyes, facial expression and whatnot. Can't spot them all, and some you think are blazingbe  might not be, but it's not that tough. 

No, but they are often sitting around looking high. 

Yeah, but they do have to brave the outdoors to re-up on snacks and whatnot. 

I just the Bangkok post, but lets just keep the drunk driving out of it. We all know it happens a lot and that science says alcohol has more bad effects on driving then cannabis (but both should be send to jail if they offend IMHO)

You must get pretty close to people to see facial expressions like that. I wonder about your concept of personal space. I can see red eyes for instance from further then a meter or so. Facial expression that is new one as you have no idea what their standard expression is so i call a bit of BS on this. Unless your idea of personal space is off. I also wonder where you see those people sitting. I mean the drunks i see are usually of course in recreational areas of bkk not really on the normal streets. But you can see and hear it from a distance. No need to invade personal space.

As for going out to get their stuff conflicts with that you see them sitting. They would be walking. But in Bangkok you can get it by delivery already within half an hour. So people dont need to go out. 

Im call a bit of BS on your story especially the facial expression and red eyes are even harder to spot (just checked the mirror to see how my eyes looked its hard to see and then im staring from 1.5 meter and really staring. 

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

I just the Bangkok post, but lets just keep the drunk driving out of it. We all know it happens a lot and that science says alcohol has more bad effects on driving then cannabis (but both should be send to jail if they offend IMHO)

You must get pretty close to people to see facial expressions like that. I wonder about your concept of personal space. I can see red eyes for instance from further then a meter or so. Facial expression that is new one as you have no idea what their standard expression is so i call a bit of BS on this. Unless your idea of personal space is off. I also wonder where you see those people sitting. I mean the drunks i see are usually of course in recreational areas of bkk not really on the normal streets. But you can see and hear it from a distance. No need to invade personal space.

As for going out to get their stuff conflicts with that you see them sitting. They would be walking. But in Bangkok you can get it by delivery already within half an hour. So people dont need to go out. 

Im call a bit of BS on your story especially the facial expression and red eyes are even harder to spot (just checked the mirror to see how my eyes looked its hard to see and then im staring from 1.5 meter and really staring. 

I said eyes, not red eyes. Were you never a pot-head? It's really not that hard to spot. At least people smoking, I can't speak to edibles and whatnot. 

The having to go out for snacks and whatnot was a munchies/cottonmouth joke. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

I said eyes, not red eyes. Were you never a pot-head? It's really not that hard to spot. At least people smoking, I can't speak to edibles and whatnot. 

The having to go out for snacks and whatnot was a munchies/cottonmouth joke. 

I smoke cannabis and the GF does not even see it when i do. She knows i smoke. She can only see it with close inspection. So I am amazed at your detective skills.  Also going out to get stuff for muchies, you never heard of grab. Oh you did not hear of canabis being able to get it delivered either. So you probably also dont know you can get all your muchies by grab if you want too. 

Now i wont say there wont be people going out but if your high your usually lazy going for the easy choice and that is have things delivered. But you change your story a lot first it is going out to buy it.. now its the muchies. And as someone using it who could walk past you without you ever knowing i have my suspicions. As unlike stuff like XTC and speed where people chew with cannabis its hard to see facial expressions unless they are totally baked. 

Me thinks your exaggerating a bit about frequency and how easy it is to spot. What i as a user know of people who use. I know others too is that most get he cannabis delivered. Also going out to get it and being high at that moment is a bit strange as you need to get it before getting high. Plus you can get it delivered so easy. Then the munchies (IMHO the worst thing about cannabis) the people i know all use grab for that once high they dont want to go anywhere.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I bring Visine from the States with me here. It "gets the red out" as they say ????. I certainly don't stumble around on pot. It's just not that intoxicating like a lot of booze.  

I smoke cannabis and the GF does not even see it when i do. She knows i smoke. She can only see it with close inspection. So I am amazed at your detective skills.  Also going out to get stuff for muchies, you never heard of grab. Oh you did not hear of canabis being able to get it delivered either. So you probably also dont know you can get all your muchies by grab if you want too. 

Are you high now? I said the going out for snacks was a munchies/cottonmouth joke, did you miss that? 

Now i wont say there wont be people going out but if your high your usually lazy going for the easy choice and that is have things delivered. But you change your story a lot first it is going out to buy it.. now its the muchies. And as someone using it who could walk past you without you ever knowing i have my suspicions. As unlike stuff like XTC and speed where people chew with cannabis its hard to see facial expressions unless they are totally baked. 

You claim you get high, are you lazy and laying around all day? I used drugs for over twenty years, and pretty much worked every day. Smoked weed during the day, drank and did other drugs at night. 

Me thinks your exaggerating a bit about frequency and how easy it is to spot. What i as a user know of people who use. I know others too is that most get he cannabis delivered. Also going out to get it and being high at that moment is a bit strange as you need to get it before getting high. Plus you can get it delivered so easy. Then the munchies (IMHO the worst thing about cannabis) the people i know all use grab for that once high they dont want to go anywhere.

And methinks you're a far from the street. 

• Like 1

I will repeat this AGAIN.....

Weed effect people very differently....

Some people can smoke for decades and function just fine....

Other people can function just fine for years before the negitives start creeping in...

Other people it makes them lazy and stupid and makes their mind dull and slow...And it happens pretty fast.....

For some weed is fine.....

And for others its a horrible and nasty drug that will wreck their lives.....

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 5:37 AM, alex8912 said:

I bring Visine from the States with me here. It "gets the red out" as they say ????. I certainly don't stumble around on pot. It's just not that intoxicating like a lot of booze.  

In the Uk 20 years ago we used to buy these eye drops  called "eye dew" it would turn the whites of your eyes whiter than Donny Osmonds teeth.   Not exactly sure what was in it although something called "witch hazel"  was involved.

I heard rumours that Visine can help beat a urine test,( not by ingestion)  anybody else heard that?

Edited by Bday Prang