Trump again lashes out at Pence, blames him for Jan. 6 riot

Scott

Aug 15, 2020, AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND: Illustration of American president and vice president for US election Republican Donald Trump and Mike Pence ticket in words Trump Pence 2020 Keep America Great.

Former President Trump told reporters on Monday that "in many ways you can blame" former Vice President Mike Pence for the U.S. Capitol riot, per the Washington Post.

The big picture: It's the latest in a long-running feud that began after Pence resisted pressure from Trump and certified the 2020 election results.

Driving the news: Trump's latest comments were in response to Pence's remarks over the weekend that "history will hold" Trump "accountable" for the insurrection — marking the former vice president's sharpest rebuke yet on the matter.

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/14/trump-pence-jan-6-riot-blame

Axios logo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's true, it is only more evidence that Trump shouldn't be the next POTUS, and needs to step aside so a Republican can win the big chair next year.

Trump step aside?

He will take the GOP down with him rather than step aside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump step aside?

Se one of his super PAC's legally challenging DeSantis.

Edited by stevenl

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's true, it is only more evidence that Trump shouldn't be the next POTUS, and needs to step aside so a Republican can win the big chair next year.

Infamous words from the orange buffon when told to step aside after explicit foul language video.

"I never withdraw. I've never withdrawn in my life". He doesn't play by any rule and a snowball chance in hell that he will step aside for party sake. It will be a bitter Republican Party primaries  like no one has ever seen. The party will probably will never be the same after this primaries. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump step aside?

I rarely agree with you, but on this I do.

At the moment, IMO, he is the most likely reason the Dems will keep the presidency next year.

I can only hope that he either doesn't get the financing needed or fails in the primaries.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I rarely agree with you, but on this I do.

At the moment, IMO, he is the most likely reason the Dems will keep the presidency next year.

I can only hope that he either doesn't get the financing needed or fails in the primaries.

For once I agree with you so far Imo it’s shaping up for a dem sweep in 2024 imo I don’t think trump will talk down the USA with him but he has done grevious injury to us and the world for that matter 

• Like 1