Emirates ticket problem

proton

Probably wrong forum, apologies. got slight name error on flight ticket, says perer instead of peter on first name. Contacted them on chat they said fill in online form upload PP pic and it would be done in 72 hours, $30 charge. 2 days later get an email, I cannot reply to, saying they don't change names like that, chat no longer connects says go to manage my booking but cannot do it there. Could I just forget it and still use the ticket or does it have to be changed? Thought they were better than this.

• Sad 1

Most disappointing (and frustrating). Terrible customer service. At check-in if the agent has any common sense they sould recognise what has happened and put it down to a typo. However, unless someone has had exactly the same experience with Emirates it's difficult to be sure. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, proton said:

Could I just forget it and still use the ticket or does it have to be changed?

Yes, not so much the ticket, the name on the boarding card has to match the name in the passport.

You can only get away with it if the airline does not use boarding cards.

Usually the airline puts a warning for the traveler to be sure the name on the tickets are correct before getting to the end of the purchase.

What do the ticket T&C say about that?

https://www.emirates.com/english/help/faq-topics/booking-with-emirates/faq/what-is-the-maximum-number-of-travellers-for-whom-i-can-make-an-online-reservation/

You can correct the name on your ticket (subject to fees) if your name is misspelled on the ticket. This must be done before the first flight of your itinerary.

If you have legally changed your name you may do this at any time throughout your journey.

Emirates does not allow transfer of ticket to someone else, by changing the name on your ticket to another person.

We may request further evidence from you in respect of any request to change the name on your ticket.

Is there a fee to correct my name on an Emirates ticket?

If your name is misspelled on the ticket, you may be able to get it changed. Here is an overview of fees:

All markets (excluding UK, India and Brazil):

USD30 per ticket for direct bookings (i.e. Emirates website, ticket offices or contact centres) and bookings made through a travel agent (or non‑Emirates website).

UK:

GBP10.00 per ticket for direct bookings (i.e. Emirates website, ticket offices or contact centres)

GBP20.00 per ticket for bookings made through a travel agent (or non‑Emirates website).

Brazil:

No charges apply where the point of sale and the point of origin for your journey is Brazil.

India:

No charges apply where the point of sale is India.

How do I request a name change for my ticket?

For direct bookings, this must be done at least two hours before the departure of your flight. Passengers are required to contact Emirates either via our contact centre or one of our ticket offices.

For bookings made through a travel agent, you will need to make the request with the travel agent.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Usually the airline puts a warning for the traveler to be sure the name on the tickets are correct before getting to the end of the purchase.

What do the ticket T&C say about that?

https://www.emirates.com/english/help/faq-topics/booking-with-emirates/faq/what-is-the-maximum-number-of-travellers-for-whom-i-can-make-an-online-reservation/

You can correct the name on your ticket (subject to fees) if your name is misspelled on the ticket. This must be done before the first flight of your itinerary.

If you have legally changed your name you may do this at any time throughout your journey.

Emirates does not allow transfer of ticket to someone else, by changing the name on your ticket to another person.

We may request further evidence from you in respect of any request to change the name on your ticket.

Is there a fee to correct my name on an Emirates ticket?

If your name is misspelled on the ticket, you may be able to get it changed. Here is an overview of fees:

All markets (excluding UK, India and Brazil):

USD30 per ticket for direct bookings (i.e. Emirates website, ticket offices or contact centres) and bookings made through a travel agent (or non‑Emirates website).

UK:

GBP10.00 per ticket for direct bookings (i.e. Emirates website, ticket offices or contact centres)

GBP20.00 per ticket for bookings made through a travel agent (or non‑Emirates website).

Brazil:

No charges apply where the point of sale and the point of origin for your journey is Brazil.

India:

No charges apply where the point of sale is India.

How do I request a name change for my ticket?

For direct bookings, this must be done at least two hours before the departure of your flight. Passengers are required to contact Emirates either via our contact centre or one of our ticket offices.

For bookings made through a travel agent, you will need to make the request with the travel agent.

Thanks, if only it was that easy and they gave you the correct way of doing it! 

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Thanks, if only it was that easy and they gave you the correct way of doing it! 

I would recommend, if possible, going into their ticket office to get it corrected.

Ticket Office - Bangkok

Address

2/F, B.B.Building, 54 Asoke Road 10110

+6627873387

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

I would recommend, if possible, going into their ticket office to get it corrected.

Ticket Office - Bangkok

Address

2/F, B.B.Building, 54 Asoke Road 10110

+6627873387

will do I know where it is, thanks

• Like 1

Spent a couple of hours on chat, some useless, say will transfer then goes dead. Claim they never got passport which I uploaded twice already. In the end get somebody who seems to know what they are doing who finds the passport jpeg, they call, take 1060 baht on card and change name, or say so, takes 20 minutes to get that done. Waiting for new tickets. Not really impressed with them, but not as bad as Qatar or TG. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, proton said:

Spent a couple of hours on chat, some useless, say will transfer then goes dead. Claim they never got passport which I uploaded twice already. In the end get somebody who seems to know what they are doing who finds the passport jpeg, they call, take 1060 baht on card and change name, or say so, takes 20 minutes to get that done. Waiting for new tickets. Not really impressed with them, but not as bad as Qatar or TG. 

Thanks for taking the trouble to report back! Expensive and aggravating (for what it is) but could have been worse. Anyway, when new tickets available you will have peace of mind which is the most important thing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...