Classic Cars in South East Asia

I would love to bring my E36 325TDS Estate - always planned to and CKD it but even that looked like a deliberately difficult path - import tax and general hassle.

Now the've completely banned the importation of secondhand cars - sadly there will be no further imports of classics.

It would be nice (and good for business) if they made a tax free exception for vehicles over say 25 years old - especially those in need of restoration.

I doubt everyone would suddenly decide to import 25 year old motors so I don't see the harm. I do see the good.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I would love to bring my E36 325TDS Estate - always planned to and CKD it but even that looked like a deliberately difficult path - import tax and general hassle.

Now the've completely banned the importation of secondhand cars - sadly there will be no further imports of classics.

It would be nice (and good for business) if they made a tax free exception for vehicles over say 25 years old - especially those in need of restoration.

I doubt everyone would suddenly decide to import 25 year old motors so I don't see the harm. I do see the good.

What's car is that. 

Well here I first saw a Ford Thunderbird, in front of it was a VW bus. Probably in driving condition as some time later they were gone.

But i saw even an older VW bus with about 13 windows. and a very old Mazda , once used as songtaew, mintgreen, i guess the 70 ties. Standing idle under a roof.