The 5 ‘Fs’ of Soft Power touted by Tourism Minister

webfact

35 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Wonder where clean air fits into all that soft power.

It's a hard problem with soft enforcement so..... fire, fire, fire, fire, fire - and smoke.

Just because “soft power” worked for S. Korea does not mean “lightning will strike twice”.  We all know about K-POP(never understood why it is so popular), Korean Movies and TV shows but let’s not forget about Hyundai, Kia or Samsung. One can even add Korean Airlines to the mix of Korean Soft P:owner.   S. Korea’s global reach actually started in the 1960’s when thousands of Korean workers went overseas in large numbers.  Korean Nurses went to Germany in the 1960’s, Korean workers have been in out of the Middle East for decades.  I just don’t think the Thai version of Soft Power will have a large impact.  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Here I was thinking the old "Find 'em, F*** 'em, Forget 'em" and wondered what the other two were.

Turns out they meant:  "food, film, fashion, fighting, and festival".  Imagine that.  :whistling:

You missed out feel 'em

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Here I was thinking the old "Find 'em, F*** 'em, Forget 'em" and wondered what the other two were.

Turns out they meant:  "food, film, fashion, fighting, and festival".  Imagine that.  :whistling:

**** that

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 1:36 PM, kimamey said:

When I go back to the UK I spend a couple of days feeling naked in shops and other buildings and looking for my mask before I go out.

Just to clarify the 'couple of days' refers to feeling naked, not looking for my mask.  I'm not that senile. Well not yet anyway.