UPDATE: Thousands of Russians flee for Thailand to avoid Ukraine war call-up as they ‘take over’ top resorts

webfact

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Surprising that there isn't numerous Russian business set up already like restaurants, real estate, visa agents and alike, but i know they will come very soon.

According to many press reports, Russians are taking over many businesses in Phuket.  Also renting every villa available, many now at more than B100K/Mo. and sub-renting to other Russians.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

less russians the better, where are the days where you see russians every few days....i went to sauna in my condo...there were <deleted> 10 russian men inside like a freaking perestrojka....disgusting.....

i mean they behave better then for example other nationalities for example rotten teeth brits....or loud speaking germans...but still it is annoying like you come to russian and not pattaya

Edited by parafareno
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, Henryford said:

I doubt the guy in the first photo would be much use on the front line.  How can under 50s stay for any extended period.

In answer to your first question. He doubles as a tank. To the second. Elite visa. I did. Not the tank bit mind you

1 hour ago, Shocked farang said:

You are most probably overweight yourself, this guy just served as a mirror. Well my friend, it is possible to lose weight and become slim. 

6ft tall, 76k. Overweight????

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

My main gripe is why does he not wear a shirt in public especially being so overweight and exposing big titties. It is disgusting, there is no other word for it.

That’s his body. It should not matter if it’s disgusting. It’s not your body.

Why does it bother you when it’s not your body?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

Surprising that there isn't numerous Russian business set up already like restaurants, real estate, visa agents and alike, but i know they will come very soon.

Years ago when the first Russian masses came, there were many many tour companies set up.  You would see the buses all over Pattaya.  I think one was "Pegus".  A cruder version presumably of the Greek Pegasus.  At that time Thailand started cracking down on foreign so called tour guides as many if not most were working illegally and without proper work permits.   I would expect more Russian "service girls" to use a nice word patrolling walking street and handing out fliers and pamphlets.  Tsk tsk.  Need a work permit

I remember when the Russian lettering started showing up on restaurant menus in Pattaya years ago.  At first I thought it was not good, then I stepped back and reconsidered.  Why should English be so special in addition to the nominal Thai?  Or for that matter German or Swiss or other western languages?  Well, none of those groups tried to take over Pattaya.  They opened a French or German or whatever restaurant which was great.  I have stayed in several hotels that were started by German owners.

I don't see that with the Russians.  I see them sticking together.  I never saw or heard a lot of Russians in many of the Thai eateries I went in to over the years.  So I presume the owners had Russian backing otherwise why spend the money on Russian signage?

Edited by gk10012001
  • Like 1

If I was in the situation that many Russian men are in, I am sure I would be considering to relocate, if I had the resources.

What about the young men from poor backgrounds who have no option but stay in Russia ?

They have not chosen their political leaders.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, parafareno said:

less russians the better, where are the days where you see russians every few days....i went to sauna in my condo...there were <deleted> 10 russian men inside like a freaking perestrojka....disgusting.....

i mean they behave better then for example other nationalities for example rotten teeth brits....or loud speaking germans...but still it is annoying like you come to russian and not pattaya

Ten like you might be their worst fear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1