Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

UPDATE: Thousands of Russians flee for Thailand to avoid Ukraine war call-up as they ‘take over’ top resorts

webfact

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

i was reading a while back that these putins soldiers were only eating from 7 / 11....and in my resort they were really all day at the pool and sauna....maybe they went for some veggies to market....but the girls from bars said they never seen them there...so I think the money is low....

on the beach they come with this huge bags....they changed clothes and then do it again after they go home....like they lived in some kind of homeless shelter....did not have motorbike, nothing....just came with these huge bags on the bach

also they open these weed companies a lot....they opened 2 in the appartment block where I stayed....what a <deleted> pest

I always think back to a pal of mine who had a concession on a small bar/snack bar in a hotel in Naklua. The Russians had no problem scrounging a free fill from his hot water thermos for the pot noodles they got from the 7-11. His wife could not say no to them. And another time there was a ruckus on Walking St as a young Russian had been removing the tabs from his cup in a GGB, screwing them up and tossing under the table. If they are going to travel, they should learn some manners. 

1 hour ago, Menken said:

Why can't they apply for retirement visa? Those 50+

800,000 baht in the bank.

Right now my bank won't open a new account for a foreigner unless they can provide the receipt from immigration that they have registered their address, which means a lease and a notary release from the landlord.  At least that is what the sign says at the teller desk.

Kind of hard if you are here on a 45 day tourist visa.  But not impossible.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, parafareno said:

come one, they make borsht from what they buy in 7/11, the rest they dont have money....

i went to see an appartment i wanted to buy, and of course there was this russian woman as realtor trying to sell it to me....so there was this thai cleaner in next appartment and she thought we wanted something....you should see the attitute on this stalin bitch towards the thai girl....like she is a lower caste or something.....i was so shocked...this stalin bitch thought thailand is hers for god sake and thai people are below her....<deleted> that bitch

but on the other hand, Russians are still a lesser evil than other western nationalities I think....can pinpoint anybody besides nasty loud germans, because the diversity of the rest of the population is huge, besides of russkies of course....who walk in clusters of several families....will eat your ears of with that nasty russian language....

i was in jomtien and i was sorrounded from all sides by russians....and of course few came with the huge bags...where they keep their whole belongings and few dead cats that they will eat with borscht later on

I didn't really read your screed. All I'm pointing out as someone who has been to Russia and has Russian friends and back university my best friend parents of Russian immigrants - they have issues with East Asians dating back centuries. Generally speaking most Russians do not find Asian women with or without penises attractive. They prefer the blonde bombshell types as most of the world.

So, your observation is weak at best.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:21 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Its not from western news, read the source links, its from Russian media

read the origin of that source, unless of course you actually believe Russia started mobilisation in secret, which you obviously do.

There is no mention in Russian media of any kind but from a Russian service of Radio Free Europe, Europe being the operative word, with offices in US and Czech and people to contact Victoria Benner or Karin Maree or Martins Zvaners, a real Russian names????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

read the origin of that source, unless of course you actually believe Russia started mobilisation in secret, which you obviously do.

There is no mention in Russian media of any kind but from a Russian service of Radio Free Europe, Europe being the operative word, with offices in US and Czech and people to contact Victoria Benner or Karin Maree or Martins Zvaners, a real Russian names????

That's not the original source though, the original source is in the Russian links provided within the Russian article that is linked to the Yahoo page:

https://www.svoboda.org/a/smi-v-rossii-nachinaetsya-novyy-nabor-kontraktnikov-tselj---400-tysyach-chelovek/32318394.html

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 2:43 PM, Srikcir said:

If Putin enacts another national mobilization, no one who leaves Russia will be safe from conscription without his permission.

He can simply declare the fleeing conscription-qualified person(s) as escaping their patriotic duty to protect the Motherland, charge with some military crime, cancel passport and request Thailand deport them back to Russia for their "crimes."

What would Thailand do? At best unpredictable. 

At worst, 'hasta la vista' in exchange for a barrel of crude oil per deportee?

There'll be no more "national mobilizations". Putin is not stupid. Any further recruitments will be stealthy so as not to create panic and another mass exodus.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:54 PM, parafareno said:

less russians the better, where are the days where you see russians every few days....i went to sauna in my condo...there were <deleted> 10 russian men inside like a freaking perestrojka....disgusting.....

i mean they behave better then for example other nationalities for example rotten teeth brits....or loud speaking germans...but still it is annoying like you come to russian and not pattaya

You're the definition of a sanctimonious, self-righteous person. I think I'd prefer to be around the Russians than judgemental people like you who feel they are superior.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2023 at 8:32 AM, daveAustin said:

Not my fav martians, but can’t blame them… bed down in a freezing wet ditch, slay your neighbours and very likely be killed or lead a charming existence amid myriad pretties in sunny Thailand. 

Yes but many want to leave for good and options for stable permanent residency are very limited for most Russians. So many are stressed about that, finances, and leaving their friends/ family/property back in Z-land. Also their government has said some very nasty things about them and some of their friends and family likely agree with that. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Menken said:

Russians are not keen on Asians. There is a historical, cultural and racial bias.

Your observation is meaningless. Russians are not in cheap beer bar drooling over chunky, dark Issan mom's 35+. Well, me neither

They don’t seem keen on anyone really. I lived in Pratumnak for awhile near the Russian market. They avoid eye contact and I could pass as Russian just from appearance.

There was something about the Russians that was very stand-offish.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

In fairness, Russians know they are a pariah nation now to westerners. Thailand is more or less neutral on the war, but I would guess Russians will be even more insular here than before. Even if they're anti Putin, to westerners, they are Russians, and we don't know what they are.

• Like 1

Hey sorry if this has been covered but Russians and Ukrainians are probably getting their 
VOA revoked for Indonesia as they are being over run by them and they are over staying because, understandably, they don't want to go back to war.  

Ta.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In fairness, Russians know they are a pariah nation now to westerners. Thailand is more or less neutral on the war, but I would guess Russians will be even more insular here than before. Even if they're anti Putin, to westerners, they are Russians, and we don't know what they are.

A Pariah nation to westerners and knowingly abuse Thai Immigration laws and the non-confrontational culture here, soon to change I would guess...... 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

They don’t seem keen on anyone really. I lived in Pratumnak for awhile near the Russian market. They avoid eye contact and I could pass as Russian just from appearance.

There was something about the Russians that was very stand-offish.

Well, I'm sure they're a bit sheepish because of the war as well.

Russians also have an odd mixed inferiority superiority complex like Koreans

3 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Hey sorry if this has been covered but Russians and Ukrainians are probably getting their 
VOA revoked for Indonesia as they are being over run by them and they are over staying because, understandably, they don't want to go back to war.  

Ta.

Total speculation

• Confused 1

On 3/21/2023 at 6:21 AM, Menken said:

Russians are not keen on Asians. There is a historical, cultural and racial bias.

Your observation is meaningless. Russians are not in cheap beer bar drooling over chunky, dark Issan mom's 35+. Well, me neither

Oh I see Komrade. You are allowed to make sweeping, unflattering generalisations towards Thai women but the rest of us are not allowed to dish out the same towards botox filled, sour looking Russian women, something like that Komrade Menken?

Never mind the fact that these working class women who don't speak Thai or English or have any legitimate marketable skill somehow managed to acquire a work permit and associated VISA in Thailand......Somehow I think most of these women fall under the category of "hostess" or "masseuse"  or "model". You aren't even ashamed of it. I see recruitment ads all the time for this on Facebook.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Not only that, the majority of Russian girls/women I have seen here, apart from never smiling, have the pouty/rubber plunger lips, so perhaps that is why they don't smile, or can't smile perhaps!

I don't find them attractive at all.

You aren't alone. I find them terribly unappealing. The sour look goes perfectly with the sour attitude. When exactly people with heads like busted sausages became supermodels is a mystery to me.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dogsredrocket said:

Oh I see Komrade. You are allowed to make sweeping, unflattering generalisations towards Thai women but the rest of us are not allowed to dish out the same towards botox filled, sour looking Russian women, something like that Komrade Menken?

Never mind the fact that these working class women who don't speak Thai or English or have any legitimate marketable skill somehow managed to acquire a work permit and associated VISA in Thailand......Somehow I think most of these women fall under the category of "hostess" or "masseuse"  or "model". You aren't even ashamed of it. I see recruitment ads all the time for this on Facebook.

I happen to know a bit about Russia and Russians.

It's you that is jumping to all sorts of wild ideas and conclusions. Did I ever state they were not keen on Thais? No, I stated East Asians. This is cultural it dates back to the Mongol hordes to the Russo Japanese war and then as recently as the 80-90s. Soviets and Vietnam. That was a last gasp boondoggle before the empire fell.

There also seems to be hard preference for their own kind here on holiday. I'm sure many of the Russian girls are hostesses or online and offline entertainers. I don't think judging by what ethnicity Russians pair with that they are interested in Asians or in this case Thai romantically or aesthetically

28 minutes ago, Menken said:

There also seems to be hard preference for their own kind here on holiday

I agree. That much is blatantly obvious to me as someone who lives here and used to make a considerable effort with everyone in my development.  Other whites who aren't Russian are not to be trusted. The Thais are nothing more than a servant class. That is the way Komrade.

• Thumbs Up 1