Immigration announce latest arrests of foreign criminals in Thailand - fraudsters, extortionists, drug dealers and rapist

webfact

21 hours ago, userabcd said:

So you want to inconvenience and subject extra costs and time wasted for 10 to 40 million mostly innocent visitors to Thailand on behalf a few criminals in the world who come to hide in Thailand.

On Interpol website atm there is listed

"Total number of public Red Notices in circulation: 7016" in the whole world.

Let the law enforcement and existing laws and treaties and agreements between countries do their lawful jobs they are paid for.

You mean like with Red Bull Boss?

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2023 at 3:35 AM, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, Visa Exempt entering scheme should be abolished for most countries ...

Here's an idea:  How about visa exempt BUT one has to notify Thailand when they plan to come a certain time ahead.  That might reduce the number of crooks who have to get out of town fast.  In addition, the authorities could perhaps do random background checks on a few, just because.  Sort of an informal visa but without charge. 

On 3/20/2023 at 3:35 AM, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, Visa Exempt entering scheme should be abolished for most countries including France, China, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and some other countries. These are the countries most criminals and fugitives are coming from and finding a save heaven in Thailand! Extensive police record checks are required before allowing them to enter Thailand.

I am a retired U.S. Federal agent.   I have had three background investigations for security clearances in the United States.  The first investigation only took 7 month, because it was a high priority and was done by the FBI.  The The second back ground investigation took 18 months and was also done by the FBI.   

The last background investigation took 2 years and 9 months before it was completed, because I married a Thai woman.  The last investigation was done by an American government agency investigating me and the Royal Thai Police who did a background investigation of my wife .   All the background investigations go back years to when I was born.   

Do I need to have an extensive police records check before I can enter Thailand?

On 3/21/2023 at 8:51 PM, radiochaser said:

I am a retired U.S. Federal agent.   I have had three background investigations for security clearances in the United States.  The first investigation only took 7 month, because it was a high priority and was done by the FBI.  The The second back ground investigation took 18 months and was also done by the FBI.   

The last background investigation took 2 years and 9 months before it was completed, because I married a Thai woman.  The last investigation was done by an American government agency investigating me and the Royal Thai Police who did a background investigation of my wife .   All the background investigations go back years to when I was born.   

Do I need to have an extensive police records check before I can enter Thailand?

What you describe  are real investigations similar for actual US security clearances. I can get a FBI check at a place in a mall fingerprint shop in 48 hours. Required for OA visa. Should be required for all  from USA to identify  these  American  lowlifes who have long rap sheets for assault, fraud, theft, drug dealing, etc.,  and the anti-social behaviors what define a criminal lifestyle.  These men  are  near guaranteed to re-offend after entering Thailand.

Nobody should care if you "ran a red light" but what if you have  DUIs? Maybe let you in but not allow a vehicle rental or driving license.

Let the Thai authorities decide. 

Edited by Captain Monday

On 3/23/2023 at 9:24 PM, Captain Monday said:

What you describe  are real investigations similar for actual US security clearances. I can get a FBI check at a place in a mall fingerprint shop in 48 hours. Required for OA visa. Should be required for all  from USA to identify  these  American  lowlifes who have long rap sheets for assault, fraud, theft, drug dealing, etc.,  and the anti-social behaviors what define a criminal lifestyle.  These men  are  near guaranteed to re-offend after entering Thailand.

Nobody should care if you "ran a red light" but what if you have  DUIs? Maybe let you in but not allow a vehicle rental or driving license.

Let the Thai authorities decide. 

If I had run 5 red lights, I would not have passed any of my background investigations for a security clearance!  Ditto for DUI's!

The background investigations were not "similar for actual US security clearances".  They were actual investigations for actual Federal Government security clearances.    I am wondering if you sort of, misspoke, when you wrote that.  Aspects of my work were and still are, for some parts of it, classified. 

Went to a place local to me for a TSA precheck. I was told the FBI does the check so that I can pass through security faster.   Wife wanted to, otherwise I would not have done it.   

Edited by radiochaser

On 3/20/2023 at 8:57 AM, Captain Monday said:

The whole immigration system needs reform and home country criminal checks should be mandated for most travelers prior to flying to Thailand.

The Thai Police will not be granted access to that information, and rightly so, as they cannot be trusted, but they could of course make it a requirement to enter, with checks being performed on visa application or even on entry. What a mess that would be. 

Police background checks are already mandatory for PR and citizenship applications, with the onus on the applicant to provide this evidence from their home country.

On 3/20/2023 at 7:18 AM, webfact said:

They were picked up on warrants and overstay in Phuket, Pattaya and in the  Bangkok area where they were living without a care....until immigration came calling.

There were Chinese, Taiwanese and French nationals taken off the Thai streets.

But questions remain how they were allowed entry into the kingdom in the first place, what with the IB's swanky yet controversial 2 billion baht "biometrics" system.

Yesterday's Bangkok Post reported that the Phuket governor met with the consuls of 23 countries about the crime their citizens were committing. According to the same article (just google "Russians Top Crimes Foreigners Bangkok Post"), the people responsible came, in order, from Russia, UK, France, China, and Germany. What is it about people from these countries that when they get to Thailand they act like wild animals? Some are worse than others, granted, and others' crimes may amount to more like safety violations and being loud while drunk. But some come here and go on a violent binge of intimidation, fighting, stealing, money laundering, online scams, and blackmail/extortion. I know that pretty much for me, most of these tourist zones have become No Go Areas. And I'm really starting to think that the days of Covid lockdowns weren't so bad after all.

• Thumbs Up 1