Chuwit right in the face of "marijuana mad" BJT as they rally in Bangkok

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But he had a parting shot adding that Anutin was backed by Buriram politcal heavyweight Newin Chidchob.

He is the relative of Saksayam Chidchob who was relieved of duties as transport minister amid investigations into company ownerships breaking ministerial rules.

Rogues rule the roost.

Time to topple the tree has come.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

i hope cannabis gets banned again 

everywhere this stinky smoke is a bother to normal people and their kids

it was supposed to be for medical use??

2.000.000 licenses for growing medical cannabis??

it certainly does not bring the quality tourist they are always blabbering about

i only see more and more bums with their eyes popping out off their heads

they certainly are not spending money on anything else

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

He's only carrying on ! maybe left out of pot ???? deals , 99% if he was , hear nothing . lets not forget was US who clamped down on Thailand early 80s in 1970s was first in Thailand no issue best Bud_ha pot Chang mai/rai area + later married local girl from farm grew pineapple normal produce  outside Hua-hin, her Dad smoked pot, Normal in his days + grew his own for personal use ! was only when & after US war on drugs in 80s stuffed Thailand up he stopped growing ended up on Mekong whisky  his down fall after US Clamped down on Thai Gov !  funny US Starts legalise pot years later ???????? all planned conspiracy theory who knows Gov can't trust ..

Edited by Mad mick
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

was only after US war on drugs in 80s stuffed Thailand up US Clamped down on the Thais,

I recall ganja being easy to get in the 80's. When things got stuffed up here was when the BiB realized they could milk money from both ends; the sellers, so they could sell, then squeeze a buyer or two for cash with threats of jail time. Tourists were the prime target. The US war on drugs was against Opium out of the triangle, little or nothing to do with ganja. 

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

I recall ganja being easy to get in the 80's. When things got stuffed up here was when the BiB realized they could milk money from both ends; the sellers, so they could sell, then squeeze a buyer or two for cash with threats of jail time. Tourists were the prime target. The US war on drugs was against Opium out of the triangle, little or nothing to do with ganja. 

Not all together true deffintly start of there war on drugs & plenty in US prison today for pot or ganga ! thats matter of opinions Yes Agree opium + coke US biggest  consumer of drugs ! I did work Laos at Gem mine company , l remember DEA Always coming to visit us being mining operations middle of no where jungle sorta area of  golden triangle Khun Sa Burma Shane army opium etc, finance there war against Burmese Jaunta we middle of Thai Burma Laos  Golden triangle our crossing from Thailand location Chang Kong long tail boats Mekong to Huay Xai Bokeo province 90s dangerous place those days ,Dea CIA would come for chat or 2 every now & again see what we may or may not know. Like faulty towers we knew nothing ! lf they " drug crew "  leave us alone we don't want know there business at all mutual understanding even though  our mine was heavily secured for obvious reasons not once did we have any major issue on record ????always sorted it out  misunderstandings , to be honest they looked after us in strange way , legitimised wealth of local people all rice paddy farmers  worked at mine site + paid 3 rice yields per year, strip mining there paddy fields via Lao Gov ! Blue sapphire mining operation ! knew nothing else 2 years on ,enough for me.. 

Edited by Mad mick

We have enough issues with alcohol but at least it’s regulated, Cannabis should be put back on the narcotics list until it’s regulated, currently it’s a free for all.

Also Back Packers who use Cannabis in Thailand need to realise that other countries they might be visiting have cannabis on the narcotics list. If they are in Bali say and have a test and it’s positive, they will be locked up.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Speak for yourself, man. We WANT it!!!

He was speaking for himself, as you are only speaking for yourself.

Who is "WE"?

I certainly don't want it and though I, like you, have no vote.

I do have an 18 year old son and I certainly don't want him using any illegal drugs, ganja included.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

We have enough issues with alcohol but at least it’s regulated, Cannabis should be put back on the narcotics list until it’s regulated, currently it’s a free for all.

Also Back Packers who use Cannabis in Thailand need to realise that other countries they might be visiting have cannabis on the narcotics list. If they are in Bali say and have a test and it’s positive, they will be locked up.

"We" actually refers to yourself doesn't it ?      Your first sentence indicates that regulation does not work very well. for you      What actual  issues do "We" have with cannabis ?    And please, please, do tell us all how reclassifying it as a narcotic would be of any benefit to anybody except illegal drug dealers and the criminal underworld generally

The last 100 or so years of prohibition have proved this to be the case.  you need to pay more attention.

You should leave backpackers to take care of themselves, they will all be more worldly wise than you for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A friend of mine is a Dutchman, and the Dutch know a thing or 10 about legal sales of weed. He told me that Thais are mixing in dried grass to enhance their profits. I have no idea if it's true as I have zero knowledge or interest in cannabis, but would anyone be surprised, knowing how 'enterprising' Thais can be.

The Thais can indeed be "enterprising" and nothing surprises me anymore, but Somchai would have to come up with a slightly more sophisticated scam than that if he wanted to fool anyone but the most inexperienced of smokers. He wouldn't be getting any repeat business either so that must be a tourist only scam

One of the many benefits of deregulation is  that kind of scam and pretty much any other cannabis related scam  will  be very rare now.    There is now no reason for anybody  to buy dubious  weed from dodgy characters in dimly lit pub toilets. The new wave of neon lit shops proudly have their product on display and visual inspection is normally, welcomed

What is criminal, however is the price some of them are charging.   If they can get away with that , then the scam is a complete success already. They don't need to add grass,  no need to be greedy and risk exposure and loss of reputation 

As for those paying the exorbitant prices ?    Well it's what tourists do isn't it?    If I was  on holiday and treating myself,  I guess I wouldn't be too bothered wasting time, searching out the cheaper stuff either , as long as what i bought was ok I'd be happy

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

He was speaking for himself, as you are only speaking for yourself.

Who is "WE"?

I certainly don't want it and though I, like you, have no vote.

I do have an 18 year old son and I certainly don't want him using any illegal drugs, ganja included.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to use ganja, even though it is legal. I don't drink alcohol (legal) but I don't tell those who do that they shouldn't. As for your 18 yo son, well for HIM  it is illegal to consume ganja, but for anyone over 20 it is NOT illegal and that's how it should be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

i hope cannabis gets banned again 

everywhere this stinky smoke is a bother to normal people and their kids

it was supposed to be for medical use??

2.000.000 licenses for growing medical cannabis??

it certainly does not bring the quality tourist they are always blabbering about

i only see more and more bums with their eyes popping out off their heads

they certainly are not spending money on anything else

Cannabis makes your eyes pop out of your head? What planet are you from?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A friend of mine is a Dutchman, and the Dutch know a thing or 10 about legal sales of weed. He told me that Thais are mixing in dried grass to enhance their profits. I have no idea if it's true as I have zero knowledge or interest in cannabis, but would anyone be surprised, knowing how 'enterprising' Thais can be.

I say that is nonsense. All the shops have the product on display in jars and you are free to look at it, smell it, ask questions about it. Then they weigh it out in front of you and off you go.

Maybe if some dodgy bloke is selling pre-rolled somewhere but that is illegal anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

"We" actually refers to yourself doesn't it ?      Your first sentence indicates that regulation does not work very well. for you      What actual  issues do "We" have with cannabis ?    And please, please, do tell us all how reclassifying it as a narcotic would be of any benefit to anybody except illegal drug dealers and the criminal underworld generally

The last 100 or so years of prohibition have proved this to be the case.  you need to pay more attention.

You should leave backpackers to take care of themselves, they will all be more worldly wise than you for sure.

Obviously your understanding of grammar isn’t very good ‘we’ is a plural if it was me I would have said ‘I’, when I say ‘we’ I am referring to Thailand.

My issues with cannabis is the way it was removed from the narcotics list with out any discussion, it was an individual trying to make himself popular pre election. 
You don’t know me so why do you think I am not a bit more travelled and worldly wise than the average back packer ?

Looking at the time your post was written you had just come back from the bar, maybe you should wait to you sober up before writing a post which makes more sense instead of trolling me,

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/20/2023 at 1:23 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

But the train could be derailed as the opposition who are odds on to win the election oppose the Cannabis Bill in its present form.Whilst they don’t have a problem with using Cannabis for health issues they are opposed to the current free for all.

Where in the world has anyone legalized weed, then made it Criminal again?

The worrying thing is, this is just the kind of mad, illogical thing the Thai gov. is well known for. Hopefully money will win, it usually does here...

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Where in the world has anyone legalized weed, then made it Criminal again?

The worrying thing is, this is just the kind of mad, illogical thing the Thai gov. is well known for. Hopefully money will win, it usually does here...

No where but it needs to be regulated, it was legalised for medical purposes but now it’s a free for all.

Yes the Thai government is known for flip flopping so anything could happen after the next election. If one of the major companies in Thailand was behind all the shops selling cannabis money might talk but they are all independent.

The tobacco companies who are opposing E-cigarettes could also do the same with cannabis because currently it’s sold tax free.

32 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

No where but it needs to be regulated, it was legalised for medical purposes but now it’s a free for all.

Yes the Thai government is known for flip flopping so anything could happen after the next election. If one of the major companies in Thailand was behind all the shops selling cannabis money might talk but they are all independent.

The tobacco companies who are opposing E-cigarettes could also do the same with cannabis because currently it’s sold tax free.

Tax it, by all means, making it illegal again is insane...

• Thumbs Up 1