New requirement or not?

A few days ago I went to Immigration in Korat for my Visa extension.

I had everything ready according to the latest requirements, but as always, i was expecting that something new would be required.

As the ladies from the immigration were going trough my application, they noticed that I had left the country  and did not report it.

I said that it was made clear to me by immigration at the demand of a re-entry permit that the TM6 was not anymore required and that I needed to do a 90-days report from the date of arrival.

WRONG!!!!!!

The lady told me that I was required to report my entry in the country and ask for a new "Notification of stay" every time I left Korat.

So, be prepared for this requirement.

Clipboard02.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly.

We are the puppets and immigration the puppet masters. 

When applying for my re-entry permit, the first thing she checked was my tm-30.  Her eyes lit up when she saw the tatty, aged piece of paper stapled in my passport.  So disappointed when I told her everything is up to date & done on-line.  Still made me go & get a new printout where 4 staff are working fulltime to deal with this unnecessary task.  

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

When applying for my re-entry permit, the first thing she checked was my tm-30.  Her eyes lit up when she saw the tatty, aged piece of paper stapled in my passport.  So disappointed when I told her everything is up to date & done on-line.  Still made me go & get a new printout where 4 staff are working fulltime to deal with this unnecessary task.  

Same in korat 

It seem that korat immigration put up a new state of the art office to handle this new requirement.

At my visit to immigration, somebody's id-card fall into the only printer and jammed it.

4 ladies working on the printer to get rid of the paper jam 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

They are referring to the TM30 and they are incorrect. For some years now, TMN30 has not been required when returning to the same address, even if you had left the country.

So NOT a new requirement, rather an old one and IO apparently did not get the memo when it changed.

But of course, that does not help you - many IOs invent/interpret  their own rules.  Don't even get me started on mine.......:(

Go tell the f****ing IO that 

Wish you succes with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The immigration officer is wrong.

Sadly not uncommon.

The reference is to TM30 requirements.

That was changed in June 2020.

Tell her to read 2.2 of the change in the rules. 

This thread explains revised requirements.

Sadly showing it to her will do nothing.

The whole loss of face rubbish.  

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

Or maybe tell that to "Big joke"?

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sadly not uncommon.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

But then she loses face (in her own head anyway) by admitting that she's wrong, which will just make her give you more problems, so best say nothing...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Confuscious said:

The lady told me that I was required to report my entry in the country and ask for a new "Notification of stay" every time I left Korat.

Absolute and utter codswallop. Unfortunately as someone previously said, they either misinterpret the rules or make their own up...!!! ???? I hear stories like this often. Fortunately where I am, never had a problem in 11 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same here.  Last year at Immigration Police home visit [Marriage extension] I got a small ticking off from the police for not doing a TM30 when I returned [to my registered address] from a trip to the UK.

Might not agree with it but a lot easier to do what they want than to try and argue.   

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They are referring to the TM30 and they are incorrect. For some years now, TMN30 has not been required when returning to the same address, even if you had left the country.

So NOT a new requirement, rather an old one and IO apparently did not get the memo when it changed.

But of course, that does not help you - many IOs invent/interpret  their own rules.  Don't even get me started on mine.......:(

So what happens when you stay in a hotel for one (or more) nights, and they lodge a TM30, before you return to your residence. Have just been through this, asked before departure what was needed and got two different answers. On reporting the TM30 they ended up giving me a new one but there was some confusion.

• Like 1

Can it be that you were leaving and entering Thailand via a landboarder??? I have heard here that TM6 is still in play there... Only entering via air they have taken this TM6 away....

You do not mention how you have entered Thailand, so can not reply in any other way..

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

This is so common. It takes 2 minutes to do the TM30 online,

You can do this online? CM immigration told me to come to them at immigration. I never filed this thing once in 10 years and they never bothered to check until just this last year (after paying a 1600/baht fine I think).

• Sad 1

Yes many government officials don't keep up with new rules/laws , stick to what they know, with that attitude of, you can't teach me my job i know everything. IO They have a get out clause as follows. Up to them init. :dry:

1540609947_num14othersasrequested.jpg.19faacf7419ef85dc10f5f499dba5e6a.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Why not just file a TM30 before each visit to immigration? It's not difficult. Even if you do it day of visit they'll likey be happy as it's just another box to tick. I know the "rules" say it's not needed in your case but good luck in getting anywhere with that - you cannot question their authority or competance.

If questioned, simply tell them you've been travelling around the country staying in hotels/guest houses/homestays/hostels or even camping in national parks. So long as it's filed before you go, job done. Worst outcome is 1,600 Baht fine before proceeding with your other I/O business.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sadly not uncommon.

The Thai differs from English translation.

When entering the information for the TM 30 there is a field for check-in date and a field for check-out date. According to my translation of the Thai if you do a TM30 somewhere then travel and return to the same place before the check-out date another TM30 is not required.

I do my own TM30 and leave the check-out date field blank.

I know there are forum rules about posting in another language but it is necessary here to make a point.

From 2.2 of the change in the rules:
คนต่างด้าวเดินทางไปพักแรมที่อื่นเป้นครั้งคราวและกลับเข้ามาพักอาศัยสถานที่เดิมภายใต้กรอบระยะเวลาการรับเข้าพักอาศัยที่ยังไม่สิ้นสุดลง เจ้าบ้าน เจ้าของหรือผู้ครอบครองเคหสถาน หรือผู้จัดการโรงแรมไม่ต้องแจ้งซ้ำอีก

Google translation:
An alien from time to time travels to another place to stay and returns to stay at the same place within the period of stay that has not expired. The host, owner or occupier of the dwelling Or the hotel manager does not have to inform again.

This is the key line in Thai:

ภายใต้กรอบระยะเวลาการรับเข้าพักอาศัยที่ยังไม่สิ้นสุดลง

Google translated:

Under the period of acceptance of residence that has not yet expired.