"Reefer Madness": Thai media continue to attack marijuana use blaming it for violence/addiction

webfact

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This is the source of A's problems.  He's a kid who has fallen through the cracks, is desperate for a father figure and has fallen in with a bad crowd as a result.

You would think that he might have some sort of relationship with a male teacher and actually want to go to school.

I wouldn't be surprised if his "friends" were older than him and simply want to mess his life up because they can.

(Also he's under age so any weed he buys is illegal weed anyway.)

I think alot of what you mentioned is correct,  if he had a mama & papa family upbringing ....  papa would give him a clip under the ear for smoking,  he would ban him from mixing with the pot head kids and he would make sure he attended school.  

Not sure the 'friends'  would really do it deliberately, I think it's just a hang out ... chill out type of thing and '  I don't care about school or anything '  attitude. 

I think boredom causes alot of this,  as when kids are bored they get into mischief.  If they don't experience boredom as in ... play sports, go jogging,  get a hobby or whatever .... then they don't have time for drugs or drug kids.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing to do with weed. But, my ex GF of many years had a son that did not know she was his mom until the age of 10.  Dumped him at he mom's house to work in BKK. All of her sisters had a close relation with their children. Strange

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, IamNoone88 said:

There is no need to be concerned in Phuket with the PSI index from the annual burning in Indonesia as it drifts across. The island is awash with pot shops and the pungent smell of weed on the beach and in the bars which can be an unbearable thick haze. Personally, I don't care if people want to trip out the stuff ... just don't subject me and my like minded friends to the same pungent smoke .... <deleted> off outside and smoke yer joints.

In December we went on Vacation to Phuket from Issan!

Just so you know I used all kinds of mind altering drugs in the past except for meth/ice.

I did notice a huge presence of pot

establishments in Patong and thought that they would over take the massage shops, as far as commercial establishments!

What was concerning to me was watching the parasailing staff on the beach smoking blunts and carrying on.imop

That being said many Thai children aren’t supervised properly ! The grans let these kids do as they please while the mother is off working!

I don’t want cannabis being used willy nilly especially when kids have

access to it!

Phuket is a fun place but beware!

Thai culture isn’t ready for a cannabis society !Maybe the tourists spots but not everywhere in Thailand!

Just my opinion.

Edited by riclag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

In December we went on Vacation to Phuket from Issan!

Just so you know I used all kinds of mind altering drugs in the past except for meth/ice.

I did notice a huge presence of pot

establishments in Patong and thought that they would over take the massage shops, as far as commercial establishments!

What was concerning to me was watching the parasailing staff on the beach smoking blunts and carrying on.imop

That being said many Thai children aren’t supervised properly ! The grans let these kids do as they please while the mother is off working!

I don’t want cannabis being used willy nilly especially when kids have

access to it!

Phuket is a fun place but beware!

Thai culture isn’t ready for a cannabis society !Maybe the tourists spots but not everywhere in Thailand!

Just my opinion.

I have a business in Isaan and find it refreshingly pleasant to visit. Not a blunt in sight and genuinely nice people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerno said:

Incidents of violent crime are fewer! 

Even IF the "Incidents of violent crime are fewer" where is the correlation to state that related to drugs or whatever the cause is and where is the link to that case(s) study?

Just more unprovable BS from weeders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Underage children will find ways to buy weed, the same way as they do for cigarettes. 

Whilst a number of drunks will fall over when they are legless. Those high on weed are less likely to be legless and more likely to be a violent danger to others, if their emotion become intense.

Legalised weed; next is the legalisation of prostitution. Is Thailand so desperate for tourism that it needs to turn it into the world's number one depraved state to cater for it.

Politicians in most countries are expected to improve society with the laws they create. Not decline it by pandering to a small minority.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1