"Reefer Madness": Thai media continue to attack marijuana use blaming it for violence/addiction

webfact

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

they have a built a weed farm,

Not so across the border here in Cambodia:

1 During an investigation into a suspected marijuana plantation, police seized and destroyed 300 marijuana plants.

2 National Authority for Combating Drugs, said yesterday that authorities found 32 cases of marijuana cultivation and arrested five Cambodian growers.

3 Provincial Gendarmerie cracked down on 10 marijuana plantations in the province and cut and destroyed the illegal crops.

4 The National Authority for Combating Drugs (NACD) yesterday warned that anyone who cultivates marijuana, processes it for any form of business, or abuses it will be punished in accordance with the Anti-Drug Law.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/?s=marijuana

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

This despite huge investment in the marijuana industry

explains everything, would be interesting to see who is connected to these "huge investments" - individuals, families, businesses, I am pretty sure about one in particular and we all know who

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Yet you can purchase alcohol under age in Thailand and people kill people with drunk driving and they pay money and it all goes away !!?? 
Personally the Thai government is making revenue from these weed shops , Talk about shooting yourself in the foot if you make it illegal again !! And destroying peoples lively hoods instead it won’t be covid it will be your own government if you allow it VOTE  !!

KNOW WHO YOU VOTE FOR TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES THAILAND !! 

As far as I know there is no tax on selling cannabis albeit you have apply for a licence to grow or sell so how is the Thai government making money from it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

There is no need to be concerned in Phuket with the PSI index from the annual burning in Indonesia as it drifts across. The island is awash with pot shops and the pungent smell of weed on the beach and in the bars which can be an unbearable thick haze. Personally, I don't care if people want to trip out the stuff ... just don't subject me and my like minded friends to the same pungent smoke .... <deleted> off outside and smoke yer joints.

I'd have thought the cops would have been all over that cash cow of weed smell in public....follow their nose to a spot fine....strange stuff.