"Reefer Madness": Thai media continue to attack marijuana use blaming it for violence/addiction

webfact

On 3/21/2023 at 3:21 AM, sidneybear said:

It's amazing how powerful the big dope lobby is. Who would have thought that Thailand would have legalised it? Fact is that dope causes mental illness in some of its users.

The word "dope" goes way back.  It can refer to intoxicating substances or merely stupidity.  Now, let stupid people revel in intoxicating substances and what do you get?

Ganja has been around Thailand forever.  But the new hype brought about by dreams of profits ("medical marijuana") isn't so good with impressionable youngsters who could do without it.  Why walk around in a fog unless you're stuck on a farm 100 kilometers from nowhere?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2023 at 12:36 PM, webfact said:

Da said she had looked after her grandson since birth as his parents couldn't care less.

The underlying reason is more related to "why don't my deadbeat parents love and care for me like other kids I see?"

..good luck kid

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 6:07 PM, William C F Pierce said:

Underage children will find ways to buy weed, the same way as they do for cigarettes. 

Whilst a number of drunks will fall over when they are legless. Those high on weed are less likely to be legless and more likely to be a violent danger to others, if their emotion become intense.

Legalised weed; next is the legalisation of prostitution. Is Thailand so desperate for tourism that it needs to turn it into the world's number one depraved state to cater for it.

Politicians in most countries are expected to improve society with the laws they create. Not decline it by pandering to a small minority.

Probably one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on here.     However, I do almost agree with your last sentence,  politicians  SHOULD be expected to improve society (but rarely do they ever, )    

You don't like to see governments appeasing minorities ?   Your time would be better spent trolling on a gay or LGBT website  give it a try and see how you get on.   They might not be as reserved as me in their opinion of you

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Correct. I don't drink, smoke, shoot, snort or pop anything these days that alters my mind. I do drink coffee and even it makes me a bit nervous if I take too much. You can't get arrested for drunk driving if you haven't been drinking. At least in the USA.

I'm fine with myself. I don't need a drug like alcohol, THC, cocaine or anything else to be comfortable and feel OK. I want to be present and have all my faculties available for LIFE!! I don't want to numb myself through what few years I have left. I probably have about 20 years left on this earth. I want to be present and "all there" mentally for every minute.

Habitual drinking and alcohol abuse can be even worse the cannabis use. Drunk, one is even more impaired.

me neither.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:01 PM, kwilco said:

All recreational drug use has problems and casualties, but the most dangerous of all is alcohol  causing depression, anxiety, psychosis, and antisocial behaviour,....just read som the answers on this thread.

Alcohol is dangerous as well as Heroin, Cocaine, Meth etc. Cannabis comes with it's own set of dangers especially for young developing minds. It's all <deleted> peddled to people who have problems to begin with and want to ingest a substance to feel better about themselves, life, the world around them etc. It's all a lie though. None of these things are an answer to unhappiness, depression, self-consciousnesses, anxiety etc.

IMHO the problem is the MARKET. Why are there people who feel the need to alter their minds with any of these substances? THE DEMAND is the problem and then the ensuing addiction. Once addicted the individuals life goes down the toilet and they become a burden on society. Criminal, homeless etc.

The problem with decriminalization and legalization is the availability to children. Mark my words. Now that pot is legal in most states in the USA many more children will able to try it than ever before. It's just not good for building a healthy society.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Ah ok you don't want it so therefore nobody else should .. a common way of thinking

As opposed to the 'I want it so everyone else can get lost'? 

I expect politics has to decide what is best for society generally. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As opposed to the 'I want it so everyone else can get lost'? 

I expect politics has to decide what is best for society generally. 

No , everybody else is free to choose,   its not compulsory to partake 

And since when has "what is best for society" ever been the aim of politics, especially here

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Alcohol is dangerous as well as Heroin, Cocaine, Meth etc. Cannabis comes with it's own set of dangers especially for young developing minds. It's all <deleted> peddled to people who have problems to begin with and want to ingest a substance to feel better about themselves, life, the world around them etc. It's all a lie though. None of these things are an answer to unhappiness, depression, self-consciousnesses, anxiety etc.

IMHO the problem is the MARKET. Why are there people who feel the need to alter their minds with any of these substances? THE DEMAND is the problem and then the ensuing addiction. Once addicted the individuals life goes down the toilet and they become a burden on society. Criminal, homeless etc.

The problem with decriminalization and legalization is the availability to children. Mark my words. Now that pot is legal in most states in the USA many more children will able to try it than ever before. It's just not good for building a healthy society.

Standard uninformed rhetoric from the 1930's    

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Anyone want to help me make "SAY NO TO DRUGS" T-Shirts?

Been tried before,  complete waste of time. lol  you would end up looking like one of those retards with "the end of the world is nigh, repent now ! emblazoned on their shirt,  Better you personally refrain, and allow others to make their own choice

• Thumbs Up 1