Savannakhet Multi Entry Non-O Visa having Thai wife, the facts..

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

Congratulations you have the ability to read ( and understand ) - impressive.

So you took a copy of your pink card and yellow book when not required.......is that right ???? ( and a brolly ).

btw - the new hotel across from the embassy has a camera set up out the front so that you can start to see the queue forming in the morning and dash accross the road, very handy. Comfy beds too.

I take everything, for a trouble free visit, and the feel good factor for any immigration officer looking at me...

I don't need to sit in a room looking at the Consulate, that sounds incredibly boring.

I'd rather stay at a hotel on the river bank, sitting on a terrace with a cold one, but each to their own,, eh....????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I take everything, for a trouble free visit, and the feel good factor for any immigration officer looking at me...

I don't need to sit in a room looking at the Consulate, that sounds incredibly boring.

I'd rather stay at a hotel on the river bank, sitting on a terrace with a cold one, but each to their own,, eh....????

Thats the worst bit lol
the nicest hotel is the furthest away from the consulate

3 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Thats the worst bit lol
the nicest hotel is the furthest away from the consulate

Mine is not that far, hidden away on the river, American, Mexican and Indian food menu, can't get much better than that.....:licklips:

13 hours ago, patman30 said:

you take a copy of Pink ID when the officer has your passport
you take a copy of your yellow book, when the officer has a copy of your wife's blue book

same energy
Just saying ????

The pink ID is not my passport, the yellow book confirms my address, but as I said before, read my OP very carefully...????

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

Certainly doesn't sound like it....

Now I don't normally do this, but in your case I am quite willing to go through my OP line by line for you, as you seem to be a bit confused by it.

How does that sound...?    :stoner:

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Now I don't normally do this, but in your case I am quite willing to go through my OP line by line for you, as you seem to be a bit confused by it.

How does that sound...?    :stoner:

It sounds stupid to me.

I went in mid december and posted a report with what was actually 'required'. My list of 'requirements' was not from a make believe world that gives you the warm fuzzy feeling that you seem to want.

How does that sound...?

Just now, PJ71 said:

It sounds stupid to me.

I went in mid december and posted a report with what was actually 'required'. My list of 'requirements' was not from a make believe world that gives you the warm fuzzy feeling that you seem to want.

How does that sound...?

It sounds like you've been trolling, but whilst you are here, who told you to get a copy of your Laos visa......?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

It sounds like you've been trolling, but whilst you are here, who told you to get a copy of your Laos visa......?

Not trolling, calling you out for fear mongering by mentioning unnecessary documents.

I've been asked to provide copy of Laos visa before, albeit a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Not trolling, calling you out for fear mongering by mentioning unnecessary documents.

I've been asked to provide copy of Laos visa before, albeit a few years ago.

Show me a link.......Please....

My OP, which you 100% do NOT understand, is my thread on what I DO for a painless LAOS visa trip...If you look at the "likes", you will see some members appreciate my read.

I have even quoted you don't need a couple of items I take, but why I do.

I am sorry you cannot read English too well, but I have offered to explain it to you.

Now show me a link about the Laos visa copy YOU hand over to the Laos Thai Consulate, or is it scaremongering, we all know it is not needed....???? 

1 hour ago, transam said:

Show me a link.......Please....

My OP, which you 100% do NOT understand, is my thread on what I DO for a painless LAOS visa trip...If you look at the "likes", you will see some members appreciate my read.

I have even quoted you don't need a couple of items I take, but why I do.

I am sorry you cannot read English too well, but I have offered to explain it to you.

Now show me a link about the Laos visa copy YOU hand over to the Laos Thai Consulate, or is it scaremongering, we all know it is not needed....???? 

Sorry i've been away banging my head against a wall, it's less painful than conversing with you.

At the end of the day Savankhet remains the easiest place in the region to obtain Non O based on marriage, end of.

• Haha 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

Sorry i've been away banging my head against a wall, it's less painful than conversing with you.

At the end of the day Savankhet remains the easiest place in the region to obtain Non O based on marriage, end of.

Nobody here is saying different, just a few that state you need a copy of your wife's passport and your Laos visa, which is misinformation, one by you.  ????

If I were you, I would stop digging a bigger hole...:coffee1:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

The pink ID is not my passport, the yellow book confirms my address, but as I said before, read my OP very carefully...????

not sure why you replied to this again
i already stated i read the OP
i was not replying to the OP but

your comment mocking someone else for taking documents they do not need when you do exactly the same
you provide a copy of pink ID card
when they have your passport which is your ID
you provide copy of yellow book to show your address
when you already provided your wifes blue book which would show your address as you live with your wife
otherwise you would need to provide a lease etc.

i too could write a post such as yours
explaining how hassle free and easy my trip to savanakhet was,

as my trips always have been
BUT
i can leave out the bits about yellow book and pink ID
for 2 reasons
1. i don't have them
2. they are not required.

Edited by patman30

2 hours ago, patman30 said:

not sure why you replied to this again
i already stated i read the OP
i was not replying to the OP but

your comment mocking someone else for taking documents they do not need when you do exactly the same
you provide a copy of pink ID card
when they have your passport which is your ID
you provide copy of yellow book to show your address
when you already provided your wifes blue book which would show your address as you live with your wife
otherwise you would need to provide a lease etc.

i too could write a post such as yours
explaining how hassle free and easy my trip to savanakhet was,

as my trips always have been
BUT
i can leave out the bits about yellow book and pink ID
for 2 reasons
1. i don't have them
2. they are not required.

As I said in my OP, "I take a copy of yellow book and pink card for the positive feel...????, if you have'nt got them it doesn't matter".

Now is that too hard to understand....?

In previous Sav. visa threads it was stated you need a copy of wife's passport and Laos visa, which is false information for the reader, hence my OP, which clearly points out is false information, the rest in my OP is what I take for a trouble free visit, now is that too hard to understand.

But, perhaps you can tell me why immigration always give me back one copy of marriage cert and one KR2, but they keep the copy of yellow book and ID card, do you think they hang them on the wall for decoration for that feel good thingy.........????...............????

13 hours ago, transam said:

As I said in my OP, "I take a copy of yellow book and pink card for the positive feel...????, if you have'nt got them it doesn't matter".

Now is that too hard to understand....?

In previous Sav. visa threads it was stated you need a copy of wife's passport and Laos visa, which is false information for the reader, hence my OP, which clearly points out is false information, the rest in my OP is what I take for a trouble free visit, now is that too hard to understand.

But, perhaps you can tell me why immigration always give me back one copy of marriage cert and one KR2, but they keep the copy of yellow book and ID card, do you think they hang them on the wall for decoration for that feel good thingy.........????...............????

you troll others for doing as you do
take unrequired documents
i was just pointing out the irony

2 hours ago, patman30 said:

you troll others for doing as you do
take unrequired documents
i was just pointing out the irony

I know what you were pointing out, but the fact remains you do not understand my OP, but that's OK, crack on chap.......:intheclub:

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I know what you were pointing out, but the fact remains you do not understand my OP, but that's OK, crack on chap.......:intheclub:

understood it fully
i also understood you trolling someone else for doing just the same as you do,
albeit different unrequired documents
not sure why you replied to my comment twice
its like you ran out of people to argue with.....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, perconrad said:

Come to Sisaket, this IO only have friendly officers.

Most are, if you supply all the right docs. asked for, but some people will get angry  with them when told, they don't have the right ones, bcoz THEY have not checked what is needed from them, then they accuse the IO of being grumpy or whatever.  

52 minutes ago, patman30 said:

understood it fully
i also understood you trolling someone else for doing just the same as you do,
albeit different unrequired documents
not sure why you replied to my comment twice

Not at all, there is always a selection..........:clap2:

And no, you still don't understand, but that's OK, as long as the majority did..........????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Most are, if you supply all the right docs. asked for, but some people will get angry  with them when told, they don't have the right ones, bcoz THEY have not checked what is needed from them, then they accuse the IO of being grumpy or whatever.  

What I used to find really annoying was the constant and completely unnecessary changes to requirements, which were never advertised anywhere that I could find. Things like having to complete the forms in black ink one year then blue ink the next or demanding photos with white backgrounds one year and light blues ones the next. All designed merely to frustrate and obstruct applicants who already had to wait hours in a queue just to be seen.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, patman30 said:

Not sure why you are bothering arguing with someone who spent 2.5 hours in a queue with an unbrella?????

On 3/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, transam said:

If you look at the "likes", you will see some members appreciate my read.

Hmmmm

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

Not sure why you are bothering arguing with someone who spent 2.5 hours in a queue with an unbrella?????

Hmmmm

Have you something against folk who are sensible enough to take precautions for any eventuality....?

Oh, I did return it to Mrs.T......????

15 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

What I used to find really annoying was the constant and completely unnecessary changes to requirements, which were never advertised anywhere that I could find. Things like having to complete the forms in black ink one year then blue ink the next or demanding photos with white backgrounds one year and light blues ones the next. All designed merely to frustrate and obstruct applicants who already had to wait hours in a queue just to be seen.

I have never known any changes in docs needed for at least 10yrs, except money in the bank changes. all forms i fill out in their office with their pens, the photo shop nearby knows what photos are needed. what really annoys me are people who come in without the correct docs. then argue with the IO who then hands them the list of required Docs. pointing them out extending my wait at the office bcoz of them. 

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Update: bailed up at the Consulate in Savannakhet this morning, ninth body in a queue of ten (including couples). I produced EXACTLY the same documents as the OP and was on my way in less than a couple of minutes, striding past couples that had been in the queue ahead of me but had been knocked back and were frantically filling in extra paperwork and playing 'phone a friend'. The only question I got was, "Where's your wife?" which was answered with a polite อยู่บ้าน

Downloaded my forms from the IO website....pdf...........filled in on the laptop, super neat, double checked.......got to the desk......do again, you used the wrong form.....????

• Haha 1

@transam I used to ride my bike up from the Deep South every year, one year I hit bad weather/ spent an extra day with mechanical issues and ended up at the consulate on Friday morning - If you think Tue/Wed will be the best, try a Friday, I was the only westerner in the queue, this is when Laos nationals apply - I dropped off my passport and returned a week later to pick up the visa.