Uniform electricity rate to be charged for domestic and non-domestic users

webfact

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I live in Rural Chiang Rai, used 140 units last month, always say a cheery hello to the meter reader and let the young lady in the local PEA office practice her English on me when I go to pay!

Not many people on this forum are going to see anything near 140 units. A few hours of a/c at night will put them near 300 easily. I didn't even use a/c last month but still pulled down 194 units. Mainly because of the refrigerator and the electric oven, I guess. I see some people paying 10,000 baht per month for electric. I can't imagine. They must live in a meat locker.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Not many people on this forum are going to see anything near 140 units. A few hours of a/c at night will put them near 300 easily. I didn't even use a/c last month but still pulled down 194 units. Mainly because of the refrigerator and the electric oven, I guess. I see some people paying 10,000 baht per month for electric. I can't imagine. They must live in a meat locker.

Well, I use a refrigerator with a small freezer compartment, as I said I cook using a microwave, halogen oven and an electric ring, washing machine, shower and pump to feed it from a tank. Computer and TV/DVD.  Ceiling mounted fan in bedroom, free standing fan in living room, normal domestic (LED) lighting. I don't have air-conditioning, to be honest I have never felt the need for it. I am pretty scrupulous about turning off lights and fans when not using them, but I don't live in sweaty darkness.

Big difference in the last couple of months is boiling water. I used to have one of those 2 liter water boilers. I switched it on when I got up and off when I went to bed. Now I drink a pot of tea in the morning, a cup of coffee mid morning, and another pot of tea at tea time (4pm). The pump arrangement on the water boiler died, and I started using a kettle instead. Now, rather than having a boiler going 16 hours a day I boil a kettle 3 times a day - I imagine that saves a lot!

Edited by herfiehandbag

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I don't have air-conditioning, to be honest I have never felt the need for it

Acclimatizing is important, here, I think. Staying in an air conditioned cubicle is not how I want to live. I, like many people in this thread, don't run the a/c during the day. But I do at night, if for no other reason than to reduce the humidity. I usually set the a/c at 30 or 31. Put a fan by the bed and you even need a blanket.