The Staff At Banks And Government Offices.

Hi there, six months ago I had to cancel auto debits for power and water accounts. After visiting 3 banks by the same name and speaking to 6 different people over a 3 months period they finally got it right. Today I needed to update my passport number, my phone number and my email address. This time I visited 2 different banks spoke to 4 different people, including the banks call centre all gave me different ways to complete this most arduous task. They then referred me to download a form online, enter my details and everything will be fine. The website they referred me to doesn't even work properly. Thai banks and Government offices are the main offenders when it come to total stuff ups. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Every year I go to get the letter from the same bank for immigration extension. To make it easy I show then a copy of last years, normally the first one stares at it as if it's in Chinese, then passes it on. Often 3-4 workers look at it before someone senior knows what to do for another one! When I wanted to get the bank app working it took them over 2 hours and several tries, that's not an exaggeration. Anything other than deposit and withdrawal is a puzzle for most.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How good is your Thai?

I see this often with farangers. They only talk and dont listen to or totally understand the answers. And the staff dont understand what the faranger wants.

Then Faranger gets all worked up and puts his faranger face on which doesnt help.

Bank staff in all countries are usually lazy halfwits who happened to go to a reasonably good school. If they were smart they wouldnt be working in a bank.

Similar to Government office workers who often get their job because of family connections.

So if you are illiterate in Thai and you are dealing with halfwits what do you think is going to happen?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Haven't had a problem, been with local Kasikorn 12yrs, there's two staff who seem to be responsible for assisting overseas clients and I'm always sent in their direction; we've done general banking, overseas transfers, investments and insurance through them without issue, when i had a traffic accident resulting in hospital and dental they were great in sorting out my reimbursements through the accident insurance scheme.

It's not all bad.

And not all staff are 'halfwits'.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Goat said:

How good is your Thai?

I see this often with farangers. They only talk and dont listen to or totally understand the answers. And the staff dont understand what the faranger wants.

Then Faranger gets all worked up and puts his faranger face on which doesnt help.

Bank staff in all countries are usually lazy halfwits who happened to go to a reasonably good school. If they were smart they wouldnt be working in a bank.

Similar to Government office workers who often get their job because of family connections.

So if you are illiterate in Thai and you are dealing with halfwits what do you think is going to happen?

Oh really.

Dont know what banks exept thais you visited.

Been working in norwegian bank for 41 years and most people are average smart and guess 95 % speak english more or less fluently :-)

cheers :-)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Olav Seglem said:

Oh really.

Dont know what banks exept thais you visited.

Been working in norwegian bank for 41 years and most people are average smart and guess 95 % speak english more or less fluently ????

cheers ????

41 years eh.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I think the staff need to be moved on too.

Hi there, I was up at 4am this morning so I could contact my Aussie bank online at 8am. I updated my phone number, it took 8 minutes including waiting time. I then logged on to my bank to check that everything was updated and my net code unlocked, everything was ok. It makes me wonder why Thai banks do some much paper work. I hate the offices here where you need advice and you get 3 or 4 versions, all contradicting each other. I didn't misunderstand anything as my wife was my interptetor. Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, I was up at 4am this morning so I could contact my Aussie bank online at 8am. I updated my phone number, it took 8 minutes including waiting time. I then logged on to my bank to check that everything was updated and my net code unlocked, everything was ok. It makes me wonder why Thai banks do some much paper work. I hate the offices here where you need advice and you get 3 or 4 versions, all contradicting each other. I didn't misunderstand anything as my wife was my interptetor. Cheers.

My order of good banks (1) UK with their card readers, (2) Thai banks, (3) Oz banks the worst in the world IMO and experience.

39 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My order of good banks (1) UK with their card readers, (2) Thai banks, (3) Oz banks the worst in the world IMO and experience.

Yes. There is little competition in the Oz banking industry.