How do I pay my electricity bill online?

Not sure if this is the right forum.

But the question is simple, how do I pay my electricity bill online?

I use Bangkok Bank and the Provincial Electrical Authority (PEA) does not appear to be listed.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks for the contributions. I've looked into them all and still none the wiser.
The list of payees on the Bangkok Bank website is huge, covering just about every possibility including court fines but with the glaring omission of the PEA.

So, as sammieuk1 suggests its 7/11 as before.

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, I can relate to your dilemma, bkk bank and trying to pay PEA. As you say, the banking software wont scan the QR code, PEA isn't listed as payee etc. At the moment I go through a ridiculous procedure using the PEA app, which takes me to a BKK bank login (doesn't log me in even though the app is on the same device), need find login details and enter, then it knows about PEA and the amount of the bill. And then the bkk bank insists on a OTP to pay the bill.

I have just setup truemoney wallet, so will start to use that next month.

Yes I was afraid it might be as complex as that, which is why I avoid using any Thai apps. From my experience, they are either ridiculously complicated or completely unusable. I'll have a look at true money.

20 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

Yes I was afraid it might be as complex as that, which is why I avoid using any Thai apps.

I use PEA app monthly to pay via Bangkok direct debit and it's not rocket science.

Of course I need to logon to Bangkok Bank like in similar online payments.

Why PEA is not on the list at Bangkok Bank while MEA is?

• Thumbs Up 1

If your banking app or on line account doesn't support PEA payments, (some do, some don't) the easiest way to pay your electricity bill is with a direct debit.

I have an account with BAAC which does support PEA payments. It takes me all of 5 minutes to pay our bill.

4 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Thanks for the contributions. I've looked into them all and still none the wiser.
The list of payees on the Bangkok Bank website is huge, covering just about every possibility including court fines but with the glaring omission of the PEA.

So, as sammieuk1 suggests its 7/11 as before.

Drop an email to BB with your inquiry. They do answer customer's emails in English. 

Let us know the results too!

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I have the same frustration with BKK bank's mobile app.  Kasikorn bank's mobile app makes it dead simple and that's one of the reasons I bothered to open an account there as well.

Unfortunately my local Kasikorn will not allow foreigners to open accounts.
Unless you have a work permit!
Idiots.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Just set up a direct debit with the BKB, and get an sms when paid, simple.

I tried to set up direct debit but it requires a "tax ID."

I tried various numbers on my electricity bill but none of them were recognised.

I finally managed to pay it by downloading the PEA app and entering far too many personal details with the possible exception of my inside leg measurement.

It's extremely cumbersome and it would have been just as easy to go to the 711 later this evening.

It looks like direct debit is by far the best way to do it but Bangkok Bank seems to want to make that difficult as well

1 hour ago, mrjohn said:

1 of the reasons I originally went with Bangkok Bank was because there telephone help service was very good. That was 18 years ago. Now you have absolutely no no chance of actually speaking to anybody human. The last time I sent them an email enquiry, I did get a reply but it was about 2 weeks later.

Nevertheless I will send another one to them on this topic and post the details if I manage to get a reply before the end of the decade.

Let's hope for the best!

The direct debit is a nuisance to set up, but once it's done and after a month you've checked that it's working, then you can forget about it. My water bill is payed the same way.

IIRC you go to the electricity company and get a form, take that to your bank, they stamp it and you take it back to the electricity company. Obviously ditto the water company.

3 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Unfortunately my local Kasikorn will not allow foreigners to open accounts.
Unless you have a work permit!
Idiots.

Perhaps you can try a Kasikorn branch in a larger city that should have more experience with retired foreigners.  I opened my account in Chiang Mai, where I live.  I needed to have a 12-month extension stamp in my passport and a residence certificate from Immigration.

11 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Perhaps you can try a Kasikorn branch in a larger city that should have more experience with retired foreigners.  I opened my account in Chiang Mai, where I live.  I needed to have a 12-month extension stamp in my passport and a residence certificate from Immigration.

what a carry on! why bother when you can just install and use the Bualuang mBanking app if you're a BBL customer?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

what a carry on! why bother when you can just install and use the Bualuang mBanking app if you're a BBL customer?

Since I live in CM, I drive by a Kasikorn branch many times a week.  Whenever I do a 90 day report, I can request a residence certificate which takes 10 minutes.  For a few minutes of sitting with service staff, I then have the convenience of easier utility payments for many years.  It seems you have a poor understanding of reward vs effort.  Bangkok bank mobile app sucks for ease of utility payments when compared to Kasikorn.

7 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Since I live in CM, I drive by a Kasikorn branch many times a week.  Whenever I do a 90 day report, I can request a residence certificate which takes 10 minutes.  For a few minutes of sitting with service staff, I then have the convenience of easier utility payments for many years.  It seems you have a poor understanding of reward vs effort.  Bangkok bank mobile app sucks for ease of utility payments when compared to Kasikorn.

the OP just wants to pay his electricity bill. apparently the PEA bills have a QR code (dunno, I'm MEA) so easiest thing for him to do is get the BBL app. 

It's not complicated at all, login to the app, press Scan and hold it over the QR code and hey presto! 

Banking with BBL and not use the Bualuang app is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

The Bangkok Banking App works great for MEA but does not work for PEA. You can scan the PEA bill with the app but then it gives you an error code.

Thanks for the extra detail that wasn't included in previous posts. Or I missed it LOL. I guess BBL are at war with the PEA.

OP should get the BBL app anyway, you gotta keep up with the times.

Edited by Lemsta69
remove auto-converted bold text

It is a little (!) non-sensical that we can pay PEA from BBL from inside the PEA App, but cannot do the same from inside the BBL app (or website).  Been doing it for ages, but DD would be simpler...

Anyone have a PDF copy of the PEA DD Form that we could download and print?  Canot find one online and the PEA BangLamung office is in Naklua so not convenient for many (me included).

PH