How do I pay my electricity bill online?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply which I've only just seen.
I'll give it a try next month. 
But why they need to make it so complicated escapes me.

Paying a utility bill via your bank account in the same country would seem to be the most simple and obvious service any bank could offer.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even though it won't work for this, you really should try the bbk bank app.  It's quite convenient and simple to use for 98% of things (except PEA and 7-11 lol).

My only issue/question is for others with apps from different banks...

it's slow by todays standards.  Are all the thai bank apps this slow?  It's not dial up slow, but it's walk-slow vs instant.

**Also, someone mentioned TRUEWALLET and Possibly RABBIT PAY.  Do these work with PEA?

I know Rabbit Pay can be set upt within the BBK app and then I could use it at 7-11 instead of cash only.

But hasn't been a big enough headache to finish it yet.

On 3/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, ravip said:

Drop an email to BB with your inquiry. They do answer customer's emails in English. 

Let us know the results too!

Just go to your branch with your bill, form from them, to PEA back to bank, bit of a hassle but once done easier life.

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Just go to your branch with your bill, form from them, to PEA back to bank, bit of a hassle but once done easier life.

I opted for a single trip to Kasikorn to open an account and get their mobile app which is much faster and allows payments to more utility companies than Bangkok bank app.  One minute a month with my PEA and PWA bills in hand is very bearable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Even though it won't work for this, you really should try the bbk bank app.  It's quite convenient and simple to use for 98% of things (except PEA and 7-11 lol).

My only issue/question is for others with apps from different banks...

it's slow by todays standards.  Are all the thai bank apps this slow?  It's not dial up slow, but it's walk-slow vs instant.

**Also, someone mentioned TRUEWALLET and Possibly RABBIT PAY.  Do these work with PEA?

I know Rabbit Pay can be set upt within the BBK app and then I could use it at 7-11 instead of cash only.

But hasn't been a big enough headache to finish it yet.

Unfortunately Rabbit Pay is not available to those who are aged 70+

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, mrjohn said:

reasons I originally went with Bangkok Bank was because there telephone help service was very good. That was 18 years ago. Now you have absolutely no no chance of actually speaking to anybody human

"Now you have absolutely no no chance of actually speaking to anybody human".

That is complete b0ll0cks.  BBL's call centre is staffed with perfect-English-speaking humans...1333.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:29 PM, Lemsta69 said:

the OP just wants to pay his electricity bill. apparently the PEA bills have a QR code (dunno, I'm MEA) so easiest thing for him to do is get the BBL app. 

It's not complicated at all, login to the app, press Scan and hold it over the QR code and hey presto! 

Banking with BBL and not use the Bualuang app is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

BBL will not scan MEA bills for paying.  I try it every month without success.

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 9:38 PM, biervoormij said:

The Bangkok Banking App works great for MEA but does not work for PEA. You can scan the PEA bill with the app but then it gives you an error code.

Unless it has changed since 19th of this month, scanning the MEA QR code gets the same "error" result.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

I opted for a single trip to Kasikorn to open an account and get their mobile app which is much faster and allows payments to more utility companies than Bangkok bank app. 

MEA is on the BBL app also for bill payment.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

BBL will not scan MEA bills for paying.  I try it every month without success.

I had no problem scanning MEA codes from BBL app until last week when it failed and I had to do it manually via the app.

The app also refused to recognise a PromptPay code from a local merchant yesterday. That's the 2nd time I've had that happen. 

Starting to get a little annoyed with BBL, time for a jai yen yen refresher course. Or change banks ????

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think (!) I have set up an automated payment from my KBank app to automatically pay my PEA bill every month.....tried on BBL app but no joy.  Unfortunately, had already paid April's bill so will have to wait till next month to confirm

PH

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 10:40 AM, Phulublub said:

Anyone have a PDF copy of the PEA DD Form that we could download and print?

Your bank should have this form, so just go to your bank with your latest bill and they will fill out the form for you, and you then deliver it to your nearest PEA office.

At least that is what I did, once with Krungthai and once with Kasikorn.

On 5/1/2023 at 5:02 AM, Dart12 said:

I don’t think 7-Eleven accepts Rabbit Pay.

As per the image below, they accept TrueWallet because both 7-Eleven and TrueMoney are subsidiaries of the Charoen Pokphand Group. This also seems to be why they do not accept Thai debit cards, even though they do take international cards, and I believe there is one bank in Thailand which cards you can use, because it is also a subsidiary or partner of the CP Group.

I personally use my Wise VISA card via ApplePay in 7-Eleven for cashless and contactless payments. It’s a bit ridiculous though, that they do not accept PromptPay or Thai debit cards…

501D67F5-9456-4751-903C-D6435D9A6B9A_4_5005_c.jpeg.15f8e8c1ca2e2daa56bb8dec32d11865.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

TTB App supports paying both MEA and PEA bills. It seems directly linked to MEA and PEA and shows the amount owing once the bill in the system the next day after read the meter. If you save as favorites in the app and it takes less 10sec to pay a bill and it saves the receipt on your phone.  I have also use the Bangkok bank for MEA, The TTB app is year ahead of Bangkok banks app. I not used Kbank app for much so no experience there.

11 hours ago, lkn said:

I don’t think 7-Eleven accepts Rabbit Pay.

As per the image below, they accept TrueWallet because both 7-Eleven and TrueMoney are subsidiaries of the Charoen Pokphand Group. This also seems to be why they do not accept Thai debit cards, even though they do take international cards, and I believe there is one bank in Thailand which cards you can use, because it is also a subsidiary or partner of the CP Group.

I personally use my Wise VISA card via ApplePay in 7-Eleven for cashless and contactless payments. It’s a bit ridiculous though, that they do not accept PromptPay or Thai debit cards…

501D67F5-9456-4751-903C-D6435D9A6B9A_4_5005_c.jpeg.15f8e8c1ca2e2daa56bb8dec32d11865.jpeg

yep. thailands #1 chain says <deleted> to thai banks and people.  But doesn't seem to be hurting them one bit though does it? lol

i'll have to double check within the 7-11 app.  I thought it was rabbit they had in there and I started teh process but they wanted info I didn't have while outside the home.

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 2:57 PM, tomazbodner said:

MEA has a phone app in which you can see invoice, past consumption, comparison with previous year, and pay the bills with credit card.

This mostly worked for me until December 2023.  Now both MEA and CounterServicePay tell me that at least as of 2024, only Thai credit cards can be used to pay MEA bills. 😥 TrueWallet also doesn't allow credit card as payment source.

If anyone finds an app or website to pay MEA with a foreign credit card please let me know! 🙏

2 hours ago, landosmiles said:

This mostly worked for me until December 2023.  Now both MEA and CounterServicePay tell me that at least as of 2024, only Thai credit cards can be used to pay MEA bills. 😥 TrueWallet also doesn't allow credit card as payment source.

If anyone finds an app or website to pay MEA with a foreign credit card please let me know! 🙏

Apologies, I use a Thai issued credit card, so I wasn't aware.

However I do receive paper bills from MEA which have QR code, and I assume (never tried) my mobile banking app could make a payment by scanning that code.

There is another app from EGAT that our condo has in the apps list but when I originally opened it, the juristic officer suggested me MEA app as that one was impossible to use. I checked just now and they have replaced it with MEA Smart Life.

I also see that AIS application has an option to pay for utilities and then get billed in monthly phone bill. Tried to add my account to app and it seems to work but I already paid the bill for last month so can't really test it now. It does not show any balance. Just allows to make payment.

Maybe someone else is using it and can give better information. I'm just searching for possible alternatives that might work for you.