Ford Ranger drivers are the latest dick drivers

EVENKEEL

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Never hog the fast lane, and usually see people coming up behind me.  Move well before they are close ... IF convenient.

If I don't use cruise control, I'll be paying camera citations, as they are enforcing again.  Not in a hurry.

A couple more tickets here and I might do the same, just that 90 kph is so tedious and boring.

In the US I'm a 80 mph guy on highways. Keep to left just because I figure I'm less of a target for cops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Didn't realize they had v6 now, this wasn't a toll road. But, a smaller 2 lane road with crappy inside lane pot holes and slow moving traffic. 

I believe you should rephrase your heading to Thai's driving Ford Rangers as there are some of us Ford Ranger lovers who drive within the speed limit and aware of our surroundings, no tunnel vision syndrome here.

13 minutes ago, connda said:

Anyone who blows by me on a posted 90 kph highway is imho a d**k. 
You become a danger to those around you as too many Thai drive erratically and at 120 you don't have time to react to the utter stupidity.  You get in a wreak and take out others driving the speed limit - its your fault.

Not many cars drive the posted speed so bunch of dicks around.

12 hours ago, phetphet said:

Not just Rangers. Those d-heads in the Isuzu D-Maxes with the lowered suspension, giant bore exhaust pipe, and thick black smoke from badly maintained engines.

And what is it with those bars that look like they have been heat tempered that they put on in place of the rear bumper?

They aren't badly maintained. They are "illegally" modified. A bit more performance can be extracted from diesels by overfuelling them. But the police do nothing. I think Chuwit said it was 10K in the pockets of the cops to turn a blind eye to ones smoky exhaust. Yet Thais complain about the pm 2.5 lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe you should rephrase your heading to Thai's driving Ford Rangers as there are some of us Ford Ranger lovers who drive within the speed limit and aware of our surroundings, no tunnel vision syndrome here.

I think the op was mistaken. It was a fortuner. A black fortuner. 

• Haha 2

My wife's younger brother has a Ranger. He drives it like a complete idiot, 120+kph within inches of the vehicle in front. He also drives when he's been drinking. Last week his wife threatened to leave him because he'd driven drunk from NK to Udon with their two kids in the car. Sooner or later he'll kill someone. The styling and marketing of these vehicles promotes and emphasises aggression.

Last year my wife's younger sister bought a brand new D-Max. She'd never driven a car before and had no licence.  She was driving the truck around 'to practice' and has had two attempts at the driving test but failed both. My wife now thinks she's 'bought' a licence for ฿2000. She's a terrible driver and another 'accident looking for somewhere to happen'. 

14 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

My wife's younger brother has a Ranger. He drives it like a complete idiot, 120+kph within inches of the vehicle in front. He also drives when he's been drinking. Last week his wife threatened to leave him because he'd driven drunk from NK to Udon with their two kids in the car. Sooner or later he'll kill someone. The styling and marketing of these vehicles promotes and emphasises aggression.

Last year my wife's younger sister bought a brand new D-Max. She'd never driven a car before and had no licence.  She was driving the truck around 'to practice' and has had two attempts at the driving test but failed both. My wife now thinks she's 'bought' a licence for ฿2000. She's a terrible driver and another 'accident looking for somewhere to happen'. 

If it bothers you all you can do is offer your help in telling what there doing wrong if they don't except, you can't say you didn't try. 

2 minutes ago, markclover said:

All pickup drivers are total dicks.  Closely followed by van drivers.  Too much inbreeding.

All. ????

I like my pick up you can do so much more with a pickup than a car in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, markclover said:

All pickup drivers are total dicks.  Closely followed by van drivers.  Too much inbreeding.

I heard some one say all people called Mark are complete idiots.

See how this works?

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:06 AM, jvs said:

I have a Ford Ranger,when i see (any) <deleted> come up fast behind me i just move over.

I never speed,i leave on time.

I too drive a Ranger (recent addition to the stable) and those that come up behind me like that......... I lift off the throttle and slow back down to the speed limit !!

On 3/25/2023 at 4:34 AM, itsari said:

Ford seem to understand there market with the ford raptor being advertised as a sports car and made to look aggressive . 

Many photos in there advertising have the truck with all wheels of the ground at high speed . 

Someone said oh your just envious as you have not got one . I can tell you i would be too embarrassed to drive the joke car not about buy one .

Well done, you understand marketing; company makes 400bhp 600nm truck and advertises it to target audience.

this ranger is the cheapest way to a petrol 3 litre twin turbo V6 in the Thai market - it will sell like hot cakes

Edited by Sigma6

On 3/25/2023 at 8:28 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Was a time when the Fortuna drivers were the most aggressive. But, now make way for the Ranger owners with the decals on the side and stock oversized wheels. I run 110-120 on long runs. But there's always the Ranger driving crazy fast. Yesterday I saw him coming crazy fast and moved to left as he came up within a few feet of car in front.

The latest dick drivers?

I've been intimidating right-lane hogs, scaring wrong way riders and generally barging my way through life in my Rangers since at least 2011.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 9:23 AM, phetphet said:

Not just Rangers. Those d-heads in the Isuzu D-Maxes with the lowered suspension, giant bore exhaust pipe, and thick black smoke from badly maintained engines.

That's not a sign of a badly maintained engine. It's the sign of a 'chipped' engine. However, due to being chipped, it will inherently become a badly maintained engine.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:23 AM, phetphet said:

And what is it with those bars that look like they have been heat tempered that they put on in place of the rear bumper?

They are go-faster bars. Free fitting when getting chipped.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 9:42 AM, sniggie said:

I enjoy spotting Rangers on the road. Massive red letters on the front (some compensation going on there?) and ever more ridiculous plastic excrescences on the bonnet- or hood if you prefer. Sometimes I idly speculate that Ford hold competitions among their staff to come up with the most absurd bonnet scoop designs, A few weeks ago I saw one that seemed to have wings!  At least it passes the time on the long drive south from Isaan. 

Those stick-on fake hood scoops and big running horse badges aren't dreamed up by Ford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:34 AM, itsari said:

Ford seem to understand there market with the ford raptor being advertised as a sports car and made to look aggressive . 

Many photos in there advertising have the truck with all wheels of the ground at high speed . 

Someone said oh your just envious as you have not got one . I can tell you i would be too embarrassed to drive the joke car not about buy one .

It's a sports lorry. Please try and be precise.

So you haven't seen the early morning Mitsubishi pickup advert where it's doing barrel rolls off-road in Khaoyai?

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Those stick-on fake hood scoops and big running horse badges aren't dreamed up by Ford.

The Union Jack flag with Brit badge on the back of MG's, were not dreamed up by Morris either, fink it was the Chinese....????

On 3/25/2023 at 4:52 PM, EVENKEEL said:

I've never used cruise control other than just to see if it works. Me, I see it as a safety hazard especially in Thailand. In the US I'm all about passing and getting back in left lane. If keeping your foot on accelerator is too much work? Especially if you're hogging the fast lane. Driving 90 kph would be so boring.

I always drive at 90 kph. It's more economical than 100 kph and I get to my destination after about the same length of time. Other drivers can't complain because if I was a truck that would be the legal speed, and I always pull over to let the speed freaks pass when possible.

I used to drive to the limit back when petrol was affordably priced, but it's actually more pleasant driving at a more sedate speed.

I always laugh like a drain when some <deleted> passes me on a yellow line or by speeding in a restricted speed zone and at my destination I'm right behind him.

1 hour ago, Sigma6 said:

Well done, you understand marketing; company makes 400bhp 600nm truck and advertises it to target audience.

this ranger is the cheapest way to a petrol 3 litre twin turbo V6 in the Thai market - it will sell like hot cakes

I've never understood why anyone that only drives on public roads gets a car with a turbo charger. If one can't drive at 150 kph it's just another thing to go wrong.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've never understood why anyone that only drives on public roads gets a car with a turbo charger. If one can't drive at 150 kph it's just another thing to go wrong.

You've never understood turbochargers then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think this maybe your wrong subject.....????

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

I think this maybe your wrong subject.....????

I take it that you are more than an average driver, but for Joe average I will never be convinced that they need a turbo charger on their trips to the supermarket. I've never owned a car with a turbocharger and during my many thousands of miles driven I never had a problem exceeding the speed limit if desired. I also never had to pay to get a turbo fixed.  Everything breaks, eventually, so the less to go wrong is always a good thing.

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It's a sports lorry. Please try and be precise.

So you haven't seen the early morning Mitsubishi pickup advert where it's doing barrel rolls off-road in Khaoyai?

A lorry ? Only the British use that word these days ,

I searched Mitsubishi adds and saw one that made the truck appeal to sports enthusiasts with a model called Athlete . It could weave in and out of football players , play golf and smash through brick walls .

Amazing false advertising  and encouraging drivers to drive dangerously .

• Haha 1