GOP weighs protecting Trump with law shielding ex-presidents from prosecution

onthedarkside

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I can't support that, as we all know a POTUS that was a crook, I love for it happen just to see the opposition melting down in outrage.

Librul (I'm from the south) tears seem hard to come by these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm laughing out loud at the wholly imaginary meltdown of you know, demo-rats.

What's the word for people who repeatedly see stuff that isn't there?

The word is:

Crazy.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

The word is:

Crazy.

An NBC News poll in January showed that 55 percent of Americans— including a majority of independents— said they believe Republicans will spend ‘too much time investigating President Joe Biden and not enough time on other priorities.” 

The same poll revealed that 63 percent of those surveyed say they had little to no confidence that Congress will conduct a fair and impartial investigation into Biden and his administration.  

A Pew Research Center poll out that same month showed that 65 percent are concerned that Republican lawmakers will focus too much on Biden administration investigations, including four in 10 Republicans. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3917317-hunter-biden-probes-put-gop-under-some-pressure/

The Manhattan grand jury investigating former President Donald Trump over hush money payments returned on Monday to hear more evidence, with still no word on when it might be asked to vote on a possible indictment.

The grand jury is now back on Trump, according to a person familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss secretive proceedings. It was not immediately clear whether an additional witness might be called before the panel.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-hush-money-manhattan-investigations-grand-jury-742461a52c86bb491667b085bc1aaa0b?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_06

• Like 2

"Florida is where woke goes to die," according to the Sunshine State's governor, Republican Ron DeSantis, who has based much of his expected 2024 presidential campaign on being "anti-woke."

But a new poll from Rupert Murdoch's Wall Street Journal is devastating to many of the policies being promoted and enacted by Governor DeSantis in his "free state of Florida," calling into question how he and other Republicans who embrace his ideas will fare on the national stage.

"Patriotism, religious faith, having children and other priorities that helped define the national character for generations are receding in importance to Americans," warns the WSJ, with some on social media pointing to a graphic that purports to capture how much America has changed in the past 25 years.

https://www.rawstory.com/new-wsj-poll-shows-america-is-not-with-desantis-on-his-anti-woke-policies/

"This should panic Republicans who have any sense of reality," Rubin said. "Are they going to nominate a guy who was indicted for trying to overthrow the government, for trying to retain and obstruct justice? The Republican Party may be crazy, but I do not think the American people by any stretch of the imagination would re-elect Donald Trump, and that has serious consequences for the Republican Party.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-trump-arrest-2024-new-york-desantis-1790570

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LaosLover said:

The word is:

Crazy.

"demo-rats" 

Clever.  Now it's my turn:  repugnant-cans.

Now you can take your turn, or you could try to post something relevant to the topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Demo-rats is a daily weak jibe over on  Breitbart -where fantasies of librul mental breakdowns abound; like they do with the poster who I quoted, who I generally love -when he's talking about hookers.

I'm making fun of low info types who say it -and by extension, you -who can't get even this most obvious of jokes.

We're talking: shrieky denials, desperate threats, and now demented, never gonna pass legislation. 

Sounds like "a meltdown" to me.  

Biden is dull but worthy, Trump is out of gas, you are searching for a clue.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Demo-rats is a daily weak jibe over on  Breitbart -where fantasies of librul mental breakdowns abound; like they do with the poster who I quoted, who I generally love -when he's talking about hookers.

I'm making fun of low info types who say it -and by extension, you -who can't get even this most obvious of jokes.

We're talking: shrieky denials, desperate threats, and now demented, never gonna pass legislation. 

Sounds like "a meltdown" to me.  

Biden is dull but worthy, Trump is out of gas, you are searching for a clue.

I apologize for not taking your post as humor.  In my defense, there are plenty of low info posters who use terms like that in the mistaken belief that they are being clever.  There is also a Faux News pundit who attempted to popularize the term "demonrats".  https://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeanine-pirro-calls-democrats-demon-rats-thats-what-i-said-demon-rats

Edited by heybruce

It doesn't look like a JoeBlow poster like me can start a topic here anymore, prob a good idea given the feverish delusion I see in this branch, BUT:

How does Trump win again in a million years? 

Who is the person who didn't vote for him the last time who wakes up today and says, "I love what I'm hearing, how can I have more of this?" The last time, there was Obama-fatigue and the very American impulse to try something new.

As I, a mere layperson understands it, to win you have to get all the same people as the last time to vote for you, plus some NEW ones. Meanwhile, Captain Popularity has turned Arizona and Georgia at least light blue, against all odds, for the first time in history.

I can def see how a ton of soft republican suburban women now toss him under the bus over gun control and abortion. I can see how the young turn out en masse to bin him. Even right wing Chinese people are mad at him for his baffling and stupid anti-Asian racism. 

Where are the people in sufficient numbers in an epileptic fury over Hunter's laptop to put him over?

Can any Trump head here lay out a plausible path to victory for me?

• Like 2