Liver transplant

georgegeorgia

10 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

zero zero beer is harmless if  you need the taste  .just half % alchohol

After going thru all this I can assure you I will never drink again 

I was only a social drinker and still got this disease so I really now am interested what the Liver function blood tests eg AST & ALT would be if a heavy drinker ?

Their livers must be slowly going to buggery without them knowing 

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

After going thru all this I can assure you I will never drink again 

I was only a social drinker and still got this disease so I really now am interested what the Liver function blood tests eg AST & ALT would be if a heavy drinker ?

Their livers must be slowly going to buggery without them knowing 

A normal AST:ALT ratio should be <1. In patients with alcoholic liver disease, the AST:ALT ratio is >1 in 92% of patients, and >2 in 70%. AST:ALT scores >2 are, therefore, strongly suggestive of alcoholic liver disease and scores <1 more suggestive of NAFLD/NASH.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609680/#:~:text=A normal AST%3AALT ratio,and >2 in 70%.&text=AST%3AALT scores >2 are,more suggestive of NAFLD%2FNASH.

34 minutes ago, transam said:

Have they all contacted you.....?   ????

Standard ANF Longevity Science, my man. Always affirmed in threads when the subjects of diet & exercise arise. And you may do a survey of posts yourself of posters asking how to fix their health problems in ways other than seeing docs for meds and surgeries. And paying serious attention when a lifestyle change is suggested to address the underlying cause.

Now the OP's been told a few times about diet & exercise, any Google will affirm it, but he really wants that transplant. Been under stress already, losing 6kg of his 108kg (at 177cm).

Not to say we don't have a few verifiably fit & healthy old guys here whistling in the wind. As opposed to those fit & healthy according to the comfortable anecdote and assertion method.

image.png.0baf3445e899e62fd52ac3d77f0a8a4c.png

But they're not the subject I addressed.

Edited by BigStar

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 8:57 PM, Lemsta69 said:

I got that from my GPs as well. Excess weight (fat) causes all sorts of problems that will go away if you follow the advice. 

Easier said than done of course, I'm struggling with weight issues at the moment; I'm 106 kegs when I should be about 75 and I have a dull ache in my liver area, so I feel your pain.

I've just cut out the booze and am trying to eat more healthy options (bye bye KFC). I'm not expecting results for at least a month, these things take time.

Cutting out booze, stopping KFC, should feel results in a week.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

90 % of the old guys walking around Pattaya have fatty liver.  Not just lifestyle, but age is a factor.

Get all the other tests needed to confirm issues I bet you will be fine and don't need a liver, just try to manage it.

• Like 1