Iraqi Man Faints Upon Being Caught Overstaying More Than 8 Years

webfact

I would think he could claim  political asylum as he is from Iraq but there again this is Thailand I don’t think they know the meaning the guy should have headed to France paid his dues and landed on the shores of Dover 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Cadan said:

Deportation assured paid by the Iraqi government ? No mercy for overstayers - he may get asylum in Germany where he can have a comfortable life paid by tax payers. Overstaying 8 years x annual agents fees I assume the total loss for agent and immigration to be over 200,000 baht 

He needs to get on a boat to the UK from France, up to a 5 star hotel stay, free food, free internet, free health care and 40 quid a week pocket money to buy sweets for the schoolgirls they stalk, almost no chance of being denied 'asylum' ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Are 90-day report procedures applicable to tourist visas?

If he ever did have a tourist visa, it  was well expired and irrelevant. I expect we can simply say he was on overstay......perhaps even had an expired passport. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

However as soon as the police team showed up at his house where he was sitting in front he turned pale and fainted and was immediately given first aid.

Must of fainted twice because that picture looks a lot like the office of a police station.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This fellow must have been rich when he arrived in Thailand or how else did he stay in the

country for so long.  A follow up story may be quite interesting to read.  52 years old and

able to not work but able to stay in a foreign country for 8 whole years.  Interesting.

4 hours ago, Cadan said:

where he can have a comfortable life paid by tax payers

Personally I don't mind my taxes going to help people, and not to rich corporations or the mega wealthy. But then again, I am not stupid enough to believe the claptrap the press say about asylum seekers. I mean, you do know they can and do work once processed, right? Or, shall we talk about the huge net financial benefits that immigrants bring to countries? 

I bet they'll size him up, take the 20k if they can get it and let him go either way.

They might let westerners sit in jail but you can't get blood from a stone. No sense in letting him sit more than six months for lesson learned.

Released, banned.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

He needs to get on a boat to the UK from France, up to a 5 star hotel stay, free food, free internet, free health care and 40 quid a week pocket money to buy sweets for the schoolgirls they stalk, almost no chance of being denied 'asylum' ????

40 quid a week pocket money....<deleted> That I'm Not going back,I Got told it was 35 Quid A Day

2 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

Good job immigration, now hunt down all the riff raff who use agents to stay here illegally, this country wants quality expats with the required funds in their own bank account, 

What makes you think I'm a quality Expat. :cheesy::stoner:

• Haha 1