Iraqi Man Faints Upon Being Caught Overstaying More Than 8 Years

webfact

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I would think he could claim  political asylum as he is from Iraq but there again this is Thailand I don’t think they know the meaning the guy should have headed to France paid his dues and landed on the shores of Dover 

He should have done that when arriving. Now he committed a crime and won't be able to anymore.

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

"it was feared he might turn to crime."

Yes, of course he would.

Just like all the middle aged+ o.stayers shacked up and hiding out with their wives.......trying to keep a low profile.

Because turning to criminal activity is a ******* brilliant way to stay under the radar, out of sight and out of mind, unnoticed and not attracting the attention of the police or anyone else.

Idiot ******* Thai logic at its ******* best.

They are such ******* *****!

Do you think he had an Iraqi pension or was loaded?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, mikebell said:

No, so why did IOs turn up at his house?

Well it was certainly their job to locate and apprehend him......

As mentioned in this thread, likely someone took the pieces of silver. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:10 AM, transam said:

This case, and I guess a zillion others, just shows that Thai immigration needs a massive shake-up.

Immigration spends hours on daft stuff paperwork for nothing, 90 day reports etc, yet they cannot keep track of the info in all that paperwork.

Farangy's that have been married here for many years must be treated like children every year with nonsense paperwork, crazy stuff.

Their time would be better spent looking out for the real dodgers, which they don't, they rely on folk grassing-up for a few bahts..... :ermm:

Oh no, so Immigration's smart Beemers are a myth?

Tell me it isn't so!!!

21 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

Good job immigration, now hunt down all the riff raff who use agents to stay here illegally, this country wants quality expats with the required funds in their own bank account, not the cheap charlie pot noodle balloon chasing wife beating vest brigade.

Oops! You omitted 'Chang-swilling sexpat' in your holier than thou newbie rant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

This fellow must have been rich when he arrived in Thailand or how else did he stay in the

country for so long.  A follow up story may be quite interesting to read.  52 years old and

able to not work but able to stay in a foreign country for 8 whole years.  Interesting.

I'm 66 years old and on my 46th whole year doing this "not work but able to stay in a foreign country" gig.

PM me if interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Off to Rwanda now if you don't meet the criteria for asylum. Mess about there and they will chop your head off. Hopefully it acts as a deterrent. 

Never, ever to be allowed legal abode in the UK again if you illegally enter for any reason. ????????

You been sniffing that Tory glue again?

22 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

now hunt down all the riff raff who use agents to stay here illegally,

Why should the "riff raff" (who have real extensions, issued by Immigration and so are here legally) be hunted down, shouldn't the agents be the ones who are hunted down for submitting snide applications?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It is possible that it took three years after the war ended in 2011 for him to realise that his home may have been destroyed?

Is it possible he could have lived elsewhere for 3 years before coming to Thailand?

• Thumbs Up 1