Thai Airways accused of favouring foreign passengers over Thais

webfact

25 minutes ago, handymax said:

Hey Doc, now you know how we foreigners feel every day we're in Thailand, try going to a national park and paying 10x the entry fee, just because we're not Thai, or the local market and paying double for a simple bag of food. Doesn't taste good, does it?

Last fall I went to Phu Reua park in Loei.  No charge for people over 60. A Thai friend of my wife paid maybe 20 Baht.  I scooted under the radar as I'm old and no one wants to mess with all the old Thai women I hang with.  Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I travel cattle class. If some fool pays twice the price - or more - for the same flight, same distance and same time out of their lives , then good luck to them getting a bit more. Most people to Europe will try and sleep most of the flight, not exactly to get extra when catching zzz's

I kinda feel similar  when I see those poor schmucks being crammed in and herded about like sheep and poorly treated. Short hops no question but for the 11 hours to UK... would like some extra comfort. Pity BA don't agree. :passifier:

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I travel cattle class. If some fool pays twice the price - or more - for the same flight, same distance and same time out of their lives , then good luck to them getting a bit more. ...

I used to travel a lot for business.  I used to say I traveled "strapped to the wing" class. Cheap ...

It's been my experience that Thai Airways tends to give better service to non-Thais over the years when I flew Thai.  I saw a lot of that back in the 80's and 90's.  Also heard a number of Thais complain about this as well.  Didn't matter if it was business or economy class.    

Now I tend to stay away from Thai Airways as their fares are always more expensive than their competitors and the routing is never that convenient.