Thai Airways accused of favouring foreign passengers over Thais

webfact

12 hours ago, Robbiec666 said:

Everyone is entitled to the service they pay for regardless of gender and race. Let's hope this brings attention to the way Foreign guests are treated by Thailand. Take national thieves (National Parks) for example, that price gouge tourists to such an extent that we can not afford to enjoy the stolen natural spots they occupy. I pay Thai tax incase anyone is attempting to call me entitled and if you don't like it leave comments are ridiculous as the said attitudes. My point is all people should be treated equally tax payers or business class passangers. Have a lovely day all. Love Thailand Hate Dual Pricing for foreigners living here. 

are you still dreaming

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Quote from the link:

According to Watcharaphol, the attendant said that the foreign passenger behind him was a Gold Status passenger. He was confused and showed his boarding pass to her, explaining that he was also holding gold status. Watcharaphol then said…

“What does that foreign passenger have that I don’t? I have both a French and a Belgian passport. I can speak three foreign languages, English, Greek, and Russian. I got overlooked because I am speaking Thai, right? 

No so much "what does he have" as much as what do you have.

A huge chip on your shoulder.

13 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

It's been my experience that Thai Airways tends to give better service to non-Thais over the years when I flew Thai.  I saw a lot of that back in the 80's and 90's.  Also heard a number of Thais complain about this as well.  Didn't matter if it was business or economy class.    

Now I tend to stay away from Thai Airways as their fares are always more expensive than their competitors and the routing is never that convenient.  

I heard TA is going broke, which gives me pause about the safety of the planes.

Full points though for their 2022 safety demonstration video, which was sensuous, flirty, elegant, creative and beautiful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rose33 said:

I heard TA is going broke, which gives me pause about the safety of the planes.

Full points though for their 2022 safety demonstration video, which was sensuous, flirty, elegant, creative and beautiful. 

Thai Airways definitely has some financial issues that have been a problem for quite some time.  Safety issues have also been called into question and I believe some countries have not allowed them to land in their country.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1