Thai Airways accused of favouring foreign passengers over Thais

webfact

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

Hmmm, So you weren't prepared for your trip. Return or on ward ticket is required for visa exempt entry, same on all airlines.  Packing too much luggage is on you, they publish the limits right on the website just like all airlines 

Fair enough as for the luggage. But I had no intention to flying back to the place I left, so I didn't need a return-ticket there.

52 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Fair enough as for the luggage. But I had no intention to flying back to the place I left, so I didn't need a return-ticket there.

Doesn't matter of your intent, the Thai govt issues the needed requirement of the return or onward ticket and its the same for every airline when you enter visa exempt. 

On 3/29/2023 at 6:00 AM, hotchilli said:

Quote from the link:

According to Watcharaphol, the attendant said that the foreign passenger behind him was a Gold Status passenger. He was confused and showed his boarding pass to her, explaining that he was also holding gold status. Watcharaphol then said…

“What does that foreign passenger have that I don’t? I have both a French and a Belgian passport. I can speak three foreign languages, English, Greek, and Russian. I got overlooked because I am speaking Thai, right? 

No so much "what does he have" as much as what do you have.

A huge chip on your shoulder.

I am really skeptical regarding his story as. from a long standing experience. customers are treated equally ( and well) on Thai Airways Biz/first ( actually maybe a bit more deference to Thai Nationals but it is in their culture )  but what bothers me is that this person claims to have a French passport but does not mention he can speak French whereas it is mandatory to hold a minimum B1 level in French (which is rather fluent) on top of being able to answer tough questions about history, government organisational char and so forth...( to which I cannot even reply although I am French)

Has he been favoured over other foreigners, especially the foreign spouses of French citizen who do have to take these very  tests

• Like 1